Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Caffé Vita Employees Say They're Getting Fired for Giving Old Pastries to Homeless People

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

actionjackson posted:

I don't get it - it doesn't sound like they were just giving old pastries by the letter. It also says coffee and gift cards. Were the employees buying the gift cards to give out, or stealing them?

The gift cards thing just plain wasn't happening. And the coffee was mainly the dregs left over at the end of the shift, but even if it was fresh coffee who gives a poo poo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
What if i plan to homeschool my children on a strict regimen of Steven universe and anime

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
This is more .txt than .png, but this just got posted in my work slack (in the "ethics" channel lol) and a handful of people are cooing over it, even though it's a bunch of dumb PR poo poo that says and commits them to absolutely nothing:

https://www.aboutamazon.com/our-company/our-positions

Their first loving point is "The federal minimum wage in the U.S. is too low and should be raised," and they mention how they pay their workers $15/hr :thunk:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah its always funny when a business tries to pat themselves on the back about paying above minimum wage

doubly so when the company in question is only doing it because the country's most popular politician pressured them into it, and even then they only did it while taking away benefits because Bezos is a lizard brained fucker

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 16:03 on Oct 11, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

bike tory posted:

Yeah except both had the potential to do FAR worse. And that potential is in any single nuclear power station, the worst effects of coal are at an industrial level aren't they?

Please expand on what exactly you think the worst potential damage is for a nuclear reactor. A nuclear explosion? Perhaps a Chernobyl or Fukushima? Genuine question because I want to know where you're coming from, what do you see in your mind's eye for a nuclear reactor worst case scenario.

And what do you think the worst potential damage is for a coal plant?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
In terms of real effects you might as well drop as many steel rods of similar size into the ocean

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Whoops the rocket exploded and now there's radioactive material circulating in the atmosphere

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
how else are we gonna power the goon battleship

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

The specific reason not to is that mayo belongs in the trash.
seriously. now miracle whip light, that's the good stuff

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Replace lovely mayo or aioli with the spicy tang of miracle whip

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
are you using a genuine ¡Jeb! guac bowl? That's probably your issue there

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I love pip boy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

foobardog posted:

And gosh darnit, pip boy loves you

:kimchi:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lancemantis posted:

remember when google glass was pretty much just an excuse for Sergey to gently caress his mistress and then it blew up in his face but nobody seemed to care anymore after a short while and it all just kind of faded

lmao I don't know about any of this, got a quick synposis?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zzulu posted:

Yeah your country isn't corrupt at all lol

Was anyone claiming it wasn't?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
capitalism.docx

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

Social constructs are real.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Modest Mao posted:

but what do I know, I'm just guy on the internet (I would kick your rear end if you said some poo poo like that IRL)

Oh sweet it's been a long time since we've had an actual internet tough guy throwing around "fite me irl"s :munch:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DMCrimson posted:

Underrated addition to the Sony patent. How does someone makes this and not realize their contribution to the world getting worse.

this is the exact kind of poo poo we get with interstitial playable mobile ads nowadays

Luckily if you purposely fail those as quick as possible it'll take you right to the CTA and you can usually close it from there

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Just got a spam comment on one of my videos saying to check out SMZeus. It's the first time I've gotten one of these so I was curious enough to check it out

CRUSH YOUR COMPETITION (by buying followers or some poo poo)

fight the WAR ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
addict insane

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lolling remembering the hegelian world ghost

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

T-man posted:

step one: dont be poor
step two: profit

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I've had a pair for six months and never had a problem where I lost one so this sounds like a made up problem?

are you literally asking whether anyone might have encountered an issue you personally never experienced

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zzulu posted:

Overengineered garbage

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The last capitalist we hang shall be the one who sold us the airpods

e: hold on I didn't think this through. does anyone have some rope

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
no pictures for various reasons but I have to say that I came across the phrase "COVID Revenue" today and :barf: :suicide:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
it's 2020 and we can't loving download a car yet

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

taqueso posted:

how do you support the arms of the crosses?

empty boxes + glue most likely

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lambert posted:

It's true. It's like when everybody couldn't stop talking about that Gillette ad I didn't watch, either. These ads are fully serving the purpose they were designed to serve.

I don't even know what ad you're talking about, sounds like you're more impacted by it than us. If that's the case then yeah it might be good for you to avoid ads for self care reasons

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lambert posted:

Oh please, you were probably talking nonstop about it on your previous account.

So you're talking about a Gillette ad from before 2002. I don't blame you for avoiding ads if you're fixating that hard

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lambert posted:

It doesn't have to be deliberate. The Gillette ad certainly worked in getting people talking about the brand. Same as this ad.

Only person i see taking about this Gillette ad is you bud, you are obsessed

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Apparently workers instead of whatever they classify drivers as.

Independent contractors, iirc

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like matt christman's take, that the film starship troopers is intended to be viewed as an example of a film produced within that fascist society

Yeah that's always how I took it. It's their propagandized version of the events on Klendathu

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

A propaganda version in which the fleet is caught completely flat footed by the enemy and bungles the initial invasion to the point the Sky Marshal resigns because they did such a lovely job.

Yeah that's some good propaganda there all right.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

not mine so unsure. But I'd bet money on it.