Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Welcome back in this Hublot Forum of Friendship match day thread.

Seems like it's not coming home. Of course. So England have to play a meaningless third place match against Belgium. But any football is better than no football, so we shouldn't complain.

Belgium vs England, 16:00 CET, 3 p.m. BST, 10 a.m. EST, Saint Petersburg

Third place playoffs usually produce more goals than the finals, likely because there's much less at stake. So even though this is pretty meaningless, it could still be fun. Both England and Belgium have a lot of offensive power, and Harry Kane in particular will want to expand his lead as top goalscorer for this tournament. Even though the strikers of both teams disappointed in the semifinals, I hope that they will want to make up for it in today's match. I think the Belges have an overall better team, they are the slight favorites to win. But both teams are pretty close, which might make for an exciting game.

So let's hope for a good sendoff for the two loser teams, some nice VAR, perhaps a brawl and lots of goals and clown car defending. Join us for this second to last match in this World Cup, in our nice Hublot Forum of Friendship!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The Guardian has a great article about the shitshow that was Fox coverage of the games in the US.

The Stone-Lalas dumbumvirate sums up Fox's botched World Cup coverage

My favorite section

quote:

As for the rest of Fox’s talent pool, the World Cup returns were as slim as the pool is shallow. Rules expert Joe Machnik proved, once again, that there are no words better calculated to induce sleep mid-match in a soccer-watching American than “Fifa match commissioner Dr Joe Machnik”

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

loekakoe for golden boot

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
smash belgium, set a precedent for 2020 :twisted:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
England shall not get medal
Go Blegum

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Today's lesson

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

HJB posted:

Today's lesson

yum

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Belgium has a lot to play for: potential Golden Boot for Lukaku, potentialGolden Glove for Courtois, if we win it'll be the highest place we've reached in a World Cup ever, and lastly, we want to beat England's A-team as well after beating their B-team

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
it's coming home

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Grillfiend posted:

Belgium has a lot to play for: potential Golden Boot for Lukaku, potentialGolden Glove for Courtois, if we win it'll be the highest place we've reached in a World Cup ever, and lastly, we want to beat England's A-team as well after beating their B-team

All this and also: gently caress England

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Grillfiend posted:

All the Devils who play in English teams will also want to be able to boast about winning 3rd place at the cost of England, I'm sure.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Do they get a medal for this

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

shut up blegum posted:

I like to believe that Belgium is collectively bitter at England for beating us in the group stages. Maybe try harder to lose? :smuggo:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Belgians get ye gone

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

shut up blegum posted:

Very ungrateful considering england saved your country twice in two world wars

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Jet Jaguar posted:

The Guardian has a great article about the shitshow that was Fox coverage of the games in the US.

My favorite section

Lol

quote:

Lalas, of course, has been in typically robust form this World Cup. Never before on American television have so many opinions been so obvious and delivered at such high volume and speed for such little on-screen impact.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

i think enlgand should play danny welbeck

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
who freakin cares

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

tielemans in, rip fellaini

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Faghani

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I thought Trippier was dead, how is he starting

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Was this match supposed to be on the BBC? Because I don’t think they’re dropping the delayed Djokovic v Nadal semifinal for this

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Loftus-Cheek

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

poty posted:

Was this match supposed to be on the BBC? Because I don’t think they’re dropping the delayed Djokovic v Nadal semifinal for this

it's on ITV

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Grillfiend posted:

Loftus-Cheek

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Let's hope the brave Waffles at least get 3rd. :unsmith:

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Viz > Tin Tin

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope the Jazz Man comes on and scores 8 and wins the Golden Boot.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Jet Jaguar posted:

My favorite section

Pretty sad that this article is correct in stating Aly Wagner was one of the better commentators. She was absolutely horrendous in her analyses, yet the Fox bar was so low that she was still better than most of the Fox team.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Whoa really like this English starting 11

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

faghani

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Wow they let Ed Sheeran come on as the mascot. How nice of them

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Less hugs more goals

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Will probably be a entertaining game, Lukaku will want to play well and overhaul Kane.

Is it my imagination, or does the England midfield look very uncreative?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
England bad and fail?

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

RIP

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
lmao

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

its not coming home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Lol get rekt ingerlund

• Locked thread