Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

THE POSTER'S CREED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Grondoth posted:

THE POSTER'S CREED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCqADR4Fj88

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Barry Convex posted:

and certainly I think Greenwald has embarrassed himself,

:laugh:

https://twitter.com/Wilson__Valdez/status/1017833678565756929

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I do actually post to be liked and (hopefully) paid. I am accepting sponsorships

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Marxalot posted:

I am of the opinion that the Democrats are a waste.

Contrarily, I argue that the Democrats are a mess.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

This really is asinine

If there's any time that Trump would reveal he's doing a crime, it's at a live press confrence

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
oh poo poo well gently caress

i guess there's a new thread

bernie woulda won

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

we never got those deleted emails

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

to: Podesta, John

Tayne

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i'm glad people post daou here because he blocked me

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The second screenshotted tweet isn't true. Clinton emails had been targeted prior to that night, just not the accounts specifically referred to in that section of the indictment.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

nothing is going to happen to Trump presidency because of the Russia poo poo

trump could walk down 5th avenue, assuming some are good people, and he'd still be president

Jose posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
fwd: clinton: 30k emails, never read

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pospysyl posted:

The second screenshotted tweet isn't true. Clinton emails had been targeted prior to that night, just not the accounts specifically referred to in that section of the indictment.

The specific text of the indictment says this:

quote:

“For example, on or about July 27, 2016, the conspirators attempted after-hours to spearphish for the first time email accounts at a domain hosted by a third-party provider and used by Clinton’s personal office,” according to the indictment, referring to spearphishing, a common tactic used to target email accounts.

laughing forever that her emails actually did matter

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Jose posted:

i'm glad people post daou here

lets not say anything we cant take back

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Jose posted:

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1017814786418073601

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

We were laughing about this around 2 years ago when people started using "but her emails" as a rallying cry.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

liberalism.... heh.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

My feeling about the Greenwald thing is that it's possible for someone to be "correctly wrong" in a situation like this. Like, it makes sense to be skeptical of intelligence agencies and attempts to claim foreign interference, even if those claims end up being true. Even if he ends up wrong, I think it's better to have the instinct to be skeptical in that situation than to instinctively just support everything the CIA/FBI and politicians claim.

Basically, I think it's important that our media have people like Greenwald who default to skepticism of government claims, even if those claims have the possibility of ending up true. Given that almost all of the rest of the mainstream media just blindly accepts everything the government says, it's important to have that counter-voice.
expressing skepticism doesn't mean you're wrong if new evidence dispels the skepticism

how hard is this to understand

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

:perfect:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Ok for real I don’t get why people talk about Greenwald so much, is it just cause he’s kinda famous and provocative or what? He comes up all the time and I just don’t get it

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

:thunk:

fake edit: looking through this accounts timeline may have given me an aneurysm, holy poo poo

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Zas posted:

Ok for real I don’t get why people talk about Greenwald so much, is it just cause he’s kinda famous and provocative or what? He comes up all the time and I just don’t get it
liberals get extremely angry when you dont buy that jill stein is a russian puppet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

OmanyteJackson posted:

:thunk:

fake edit: looking through this accounts timeline may have given me an aneurysm, holy poo poo

It pains me to say it, but that baby hippo has to die for the good of the discourse.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

glenn greenwald is just one of the most prominent 'left' journalists that constantly expresses skepticism over the liberal mainstream russian collusion narrative because of lack of evidence. he is willing to give credence to the potential that the obama administration or national state agencies were unfairly targeting the trump campaign

if you haven't noticed, liberals have all gone along with screaming about russian collusion ever since the election ended, they don't tolerate dissent, and this has veered into insane territory with claiming jill stein is a russian stooge or that time traveling russian hackers framed you with inflammatory blog posts

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/dril/status/124634198387605504

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

yea, sorry skull.gif, greenwald is still p right

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hello new but also old thread

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

hello succ zone my old friend

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Dems? in my government?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
russian duping scandal

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
acid wash my rear end in a top hat

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
To all the goons who are Russian bots and are trying to destroy are democracy: knock it off

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fiend posted:

To all the goons who are Russian bots and are trying to destroy are democracy: knock it off

nyet

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Fiend posted:

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Listening to Trash Future (great podcast) one of the hosts worked for a tv station in moscow, hearing him describe how the media and tech is used over there killed my ability to buy into the great russian threat narrative. The russian Intelligence apparatus can't even ban the telegram app.

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang
if the russians weren't the deciding factor in 2016 then that means that the democrats eschewing the left and moving further and further right doesn't actually "win elections," which can't be the case...

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

I'm serious. Don't make me come down to Moscow and go all Billy Jack on your rear end.

FYI: The YMCA where I grew up taught Hapkido.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy