Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Odd Mutant posted:

What's succ's take on Tony Evers?

going to accept medicaid expansion (gently caress you walker)

pro public schools (gently caress you walker)

anti voter disenfranchisement (gently caress you walker)

pro repro rights (gently caress you walker)

pro lgbtq (gently caress you walker)

pro referendum (eh) on legal weed (gently caress you walker)

he could be better but i loving hate scott walker and his running mate mandela barnes is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Whatever else happens, nothing will detract from the hearty lol of Lightning Knight rolling into D&D like John Wick into a russian nightclub

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

This is the thread for pessimistic nihilism and decorum tweets, please post the good news elsewhere

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
stranger things have happened

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Some are young/college-aged, but most are just white guys who immediately transitioned from college to a high-paying professional career, which basically results in being insulated from having to think seriously about things like politics.

d&d libs are like that because they're all in their early to mid-30s and began developing an interest in politics in the bush era, but never got beyond that similar to matt taibbi's observation that for the dlc types, every day is the day after mondale lost 49 states to reagan

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Crane Fist posted:

Whatever else happens, nothing will detract from the hearty lol of Lightning Knight rolling into D&D like John Wick into a russian nightclub

I don't read D&D what happened? Slomo 6ers to everyones domes?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It seems like Democrat leadership has reached the point where they're so disconnected from reality they have no ability to set realistic expectations, everything's either blowout victory or humiliating defeat.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
“Luke Skywalker defeated the Death Star not by building his own Death Star, but with one little X-wing plane, because they didn’t view it as a threat,” said Jesse Ferguson, a Democratic strategist and former DCCC spokesman. “That’s what Dem have done this cycle with small-dollar donors. We’ve combatted the death star of Republican outside money with a series of X-wings donating $25 at time.”

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I don't read D&D what happened? Slomo 6ers to everyones domes?

People who toxxed for Gillum and Beto got guns akimbo'd

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

why would you toxx for anyone, especially democrats

to trigger the libs?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A Handed Missus posted:

why would you toxx for anyone, especially democrats

to trigger the libs?

A pale imitation of Russian Roulette because we all pray for death

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

PLEASE retire pelosi

just gently caress off will ya

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I mean, as quixotic as O'Rourke's crusade against the blob fish senator may have ultimately been, I'm pretty certain a bunch of newly elected local and federal TX dems rode his coattails hard. So yeah, good for his milquetoast rear end.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

PLEASE retire pelosi

just gently caress off will ya

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

really queer Christmas posted:

guys... the 2020 primary has begun :bernin:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Democrats are gonna look at the rear end kicking they got in the senate and promptly nominate chuck schumer to lead them for another 2 years.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

now that the 2020 primary has begun, bernie

Egg Moron fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 7, 2018

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Nastier Nate posted:

Democrats are gonna look at the rear end kicking they got in the senate and promptly nominate chuck schumer to lead them for another 2 years.

Who would even replace Schumer that isn't a succdem (and also isn't leaving the Senate in 2020?)

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
AOC for speaker

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skypie posted:

Dems are so bad at messaging.

The Illinois governor had a slogan of "Let's Save Illinois!" Dude was the incumbent. Save it from what, dipshit, you????

... The incumbent was a Republican who lost

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyways Democrats lost to Trump thanks to Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, and won 6/6 statewide races there yesterday so

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

yeah WJ is right, it's a lock for democrats in 2020 and looks like an attractive centrist is free to start campaigning TODAY

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
And,

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1060088318644404225?s=19

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Over Easy posted:

yeah WJ is right, it's a lock for democrats in 2020 and looks like an attractive centrist is free to start campaigning TODAY

Is that her husband? The look on his face just says "man, this is never going to end, is it?"

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first danger of yesterday would be that the Democrats would have failed to even take the House. The second danger would be that they would have huge gains without having really changed any of the underlying facts about the party. All in all, a good night

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Graphic posted:

wakanda in the location. peak "woke liberal"

Everyone knows that Stankonia is better

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

is there any way we can help get someone else to be house leader

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The first danger of yesterday would be that the Democrats would have failed to even take the House. The second danger would be that they would have huge gains without having really changed any of the underlying facts about the party. All in all, a good night

Loathe as I am to say it, WhiskeyJuvenile should pay his maid is kind of right.

This was a bad night for collaborators and capitulators, not for the Democratic Party as a whole (though I can see how you might be hard-pressed to tell the difference).

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/sunraysunray/status/1060029226915692545

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Crane Fist posted:

Oh man, that sounds great

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

“Luke Skywalker defeated the Death Star not by building his own Death Star, but with one little X-wing plane, because they didn’t view it as a threat,” said Jesse Ferguson, a Democratic strategist and former DCCC spokesman. “That’s what Dem have done this cycle with small-dollar donors. We’ve combatted the death star of Republican outside money with a series of X-wings donating $25 at time.”

Amazing how Luke flew his little 25 dollar X-wing all the way up to the death star and defeated it with the power of bipartisanship and good-faith debate

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Crane Fist posted:

I have no idea what context this sentence means but I think I need to see it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

we regret to inform you that x-wings are actually the f-35 of space and therefore are not $25

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

so in the first midterm against trump, one of the worst presidents ever, the Dems managed to lose three senate seats and narrowly control the House.

what a lovely party

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pelosi isn't running the committees, relax. Her job is to whip votes for legislation, and talking about bipartisanship is fine there. It won't happen with this partisan environment but pretending like you care about it is part of the game. I have a much bigger problem with Schumer than with her.

DND

Hey the nothing matters dem bad crowd have taken the field after all the sane people have gone to bed.

looks like that's my cue! Night yall, don't get alcohol poisoning.

also dnd

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Also, Pelosi is amazing at whipping votes whenever the result doesn't matter.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pelosi has been great at keeping her caucus together, unlike Schumer. Her legislative priorities suck poo poo though

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

... The incumbent was a Republican who lost

I must have misread or misunderstood the messages from my friend who lives in Illinois then. I'd have sworn he told me the incumbent was a Dem

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Extreme comedy option: Dems gain like 80 seats in the House and lose seats in the Senate

GalacticAcid posted:

this is my actual prediction

:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

"Irresistible blue wave"

"Okay let me explain how a handful of seats constitutes a huge wave through the means tested method of incremental change"