Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That break was bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Eyesight probably isn't the strongest at his age

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that's gotta break your confidence if you're the bad khabib

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Shogun is gonna whomp a wild, old-man punch into Smith and kill him, then get promoted to champ when DC bails.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What the gently caress

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
er, lol.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Wow, really?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh my god, dude.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol mma judging is cool

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

didn't said get dropped in rounds 1 and 2?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The judges literally looked at the strike numbers in round 1 and said ok I guess Nurmagomedov won that.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i was going perfect on the night until that dumb decision

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That was so unfortunate that went so quickly, I really needed more time to appreciate how funny that was.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

didn't said get dropped in rounds 1 and 2?

Not fully.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Did he name his son Junior Junior

If not, how come

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Volkanovski should be the guy with the surname Nurmagomedov, instead of that Said fraud

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Darren Elkins looking handsome.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
The gently caress was that decision? The whole arena booed.

Also, gently caress the acoustics in this place.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The worst tattoo in UFC history, the best comeback as well.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I've never heard an arena where the fighters songs were this inaudible.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

quick, informal survey has anyone noticed a decrease in (perceived) judging competence recently (last ~year or two) or has it been consistently terrible?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

quick, informal survey has anyone noticed a decrease in (perceived) judging competence recently (last ~year or two) or has it been consistently terrible?

Considering this is the first time they've run Boise I kind of understand the incompetence in this region.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

I think it's been steadily getting better for a long time and the big, weird incompetent spots sticking out lately have been because they're now a bigger outlier.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Idaho state athletic commission

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I kind of want to get a tattoo of Alan Belcher's Johnny Cash with "The Damage" below it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's gotta be annoying to basically have a perpetually broken nose

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
adrian!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
you fool, knocking elkins out only makes him stronger

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Why in the hell does he keep going for submissions? Fighter IQ of negative five thousand.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Volkanovski going to gas out repeatedly killing that which cannot be killed, Darren Elkins

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

I think it's been steadily getting better for a long time and the big, weird incompetent spots sticking out lately have been because they're now a bigger outlier.

hmm good take.

elkins going for the full homer win like against bektic

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

This has Elkins comeback written all over it

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It shoulda been stopped after that last right. He would have dropped like a corpse if Volkanovski hadn't held him up on the way down.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This is when Elkins is most dangerous!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wasn't he out cold for like 10+ seconds? What the gently caress is this?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

*stumbles against fence looking out on his feet* "LET HIM GO, HE'S ALRIGHT"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Brut posted:

Wasn't he out cold for like 10+ seconds? What the gently caress is this?

ref wants to see where this is going

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

*stumbles against fence looking out on his feet* "LET HIM GO, HE'S ALRIGHT"

the bektic fight already guaranteed early onset dementia but it has guaranteed that every subsequent fight he has will be allowed to go way too long

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Elkins is dead on his feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

ref wants to see where this is going

The aussie literally had time to notice "oh wait I'm actually holding this guy up", lets go of him, elkins completely limp falls on his back and it takes him a few more seconds to wake up. So you literally must be joking.

• Locked thread