Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Update for 8/14 recruitment: keeping recruitment open for a week or so, looking for 3-4 players, playbooks still in the game are listed at the bottom of this post, any book is allowed.

Gamethread

No one remembers a time before the Great Calcification, when the sun went out and the great bones erupted from the ground, tearing down the works of fleshmen in the darkness. No one remembers when the baleful light took the sun's place, casting an eerie orange and green glow upon the land. But we remember, we remember when we rose from the new light to take back the world that was left.

Welcome to Skullworld, an AW2E game involving lots of bones, skulls, and bone themed things. Im angling for some pretty gonzo apocalypse themed stuff, heavy metal album cover stuff in this. Any and all classes published officially are welcome (even those from Lumply's patron, if you have access to them). Setting this up for a week or so before officially starting the game.

This is going to be PBP, keeping OCC discussion in this thread.

Specific Setting Stuff:
All I got right now, to start off with is some sort of pseudo world of floating islands/continents above an eerie green "soup", a darkened sky dimly lit by some sort of eldritch fire, and gigantic skulls/bones sticking out all over the place, and tribes of skeletonish people that have descended from family groups surrounding the giant bone structures as some sort of religious monument cult type thing.

Character Submission:
Please include art if able, sticking to a skeleton based theme for ultimate coolness (though of course you don't have to be a full on skeleton, could just be a person wearing a skull mask or what have you), and a bio for your character as detailed as you'd like.

Answer 2 questions: Who is your tribe, and are you still in good terms with them? What was/is your tribe's God, and do they still worship it?

Discord: https://discord.gg/qqzHR8J

Okay so far we have:

Gunlugger – Tricky (completed)
Savvyhead – Fumaofthelake (completed)
No One – Quiggy (completed)
The Show – Heliotrope (completed)

Banana Man fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Might app for this, so reserving a post early.

I'm the last of them. The very last Bomber of the Lems. We used to be many, even after the lights went out and curtain fell. Before that? Before those dark days, the Lems were legions. Vast, uncontrollable, and unstoppable, in the tales of the classic times, we swept across the world in vast hordes, living our lives as our gods intended, at their feet in great masses, dancing, drinking, fighting, and living. For a Lem, a life isn''t a life if you're not enjoying yourself. Then the lights dimmed, and the world stopped. The gods ascended, and left us here to carry on their will.

Me? I ran my tribe like our people always had, living, riding from place to place, and taking what we want, when we wanted it. There are some that will tell you that you can't cross what lies below, but they just don't have the knowledge of the gods. In places, secret to most, the spines of the gods bodies connect the lands, binding together a path stretching off into forever, into their new home. All Lems eventually follow that path, and move on to join the Kill Master and the other gods in the great Kingdom of the Worm. There, we again worship at the feet of the gods and their holy music.

But now... now it's just me, and those that still follow me. Our people had convened at one of the stops on our great road, a Concert, to air grievances, celebrate, and most importantly, to find the next Bomber, the great leader of our people, the one closest to the gods. I came, as was my duty as my tribe's Ace, to call to the gods and see who would be next. Then everything and everyone were killed by death. The Faerkes, servants of the great traitor to the gods, attacked what was supposed to be a time of joy. they swept down on the Lems, and we were surrounded. We have fists of iron, and we're all born to raise hell, so we fought well... but not well enough.

Some got out. I took my tribe into battle and wrought what vengence I could on those damned Faerkes, breaking through their ambush with any that I could rally. We rode on and on, still harried all the way. But we made it... barely. Now, with no one else to take the strap, the title of Bomber of the Lems falls to me. I need to keep the Lems alive, get us to the end of the great roads, to the Kingdom of the Worm, and to the side of the gods.

I owe it to all those that have fallen.

ShootaBoy posted:

Bomber Blackthorne, the Chopper
The Chopper
Look: Man, Combat biker wear, Rugged face, Calculating eyes, Squat body

Cool +2
Hard +2
Hot -1
Sharp 0
Weird -1

Moves
Pack Alpha
When you try to impose your will on your gang, roll+hard. On a 10+, all 3. On a 7–9, choose 1:
-They do what you want (otherwise, they refuse)
-They don’t fight back over it (otherwise, they do fight back)
-You don’t have to make an example of one of them (otherwise, you must)
On a miss, someone in your gang makes a bid, idle or serious, to replace you for alpha.

loving Thieves

When you have your gang search their pockets and saddlebags for something, roll Hard. It has to be something small enough to fit. On a 10+, one of you happens to have just the thing, or close enough. On a 7–9, one of you happens to have something pretty close, unless what you’re looking for is hi-tech, in which case no dice. On a miss, one of you used to have just the thing, but it turns out that some asswipe stole it from you.

Gang
By default, your gang consists of about 15 violent bastards with scavenged and makeshift weapons and armor, and no loving discipline at all (2-harm gang small savage 1-armor). Then, choose 2:
-Your gang consists of 30 or so violent bastards. Medium instead of small.
-Your gang’s nomadic at heart, and able to maintain and repair its own bikes without a home base. It gets +mobile.

And choose 1:
-Your gang’s loose-knit, with members coming and going as they choose. Vulnerable: desertion

Size Medium
Harm +2
Armour +1
Tags gang savage +mobile vulnerable: desertion

Bike
Speed 0
Handling +1
Armour 0
Massive 0

Strengths
Fast, Aggressive

Looks

Roaring, Muscular

Weakness
Bucking

Battle Option
Handling +1

Gear
Sawed-off (3-harm close reload messy)
Machete (3-harm hand messy)
Reinforced Riding Leathers (2-armour)
Oddments worth 2-barter

Chopper Special
If you and another character have sex, they immediately change their sheet to say Hx+3 with
you. They also choose whether to give you -1 or +1 to your Hx with them, on your sheet.

Improvements

Hx
Which one of you used to ride with my gang?
Which one of you figures that you could take me in a fight, if it came to it?
Which one of you once stood up to me, gang and all?

Other
Who is your tribe, and are you still in good terms with them? We are the Lems, and I am the last leader, so I should hope I'm on good terms. At least as good as they can be in times like now.

What was/is your tribe's God, and do they still worship it?
The Lems worship a great, spanning pantheon of many gods and goddesses. Chief among them for many tribes, and mine as well, is the Kill Master, the one who looked upon us and bestowed us with our name, the Lems.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 18, 2018

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Thinking about doing a skele-smashing Holy Diver type. If it doesn't fit, then I'll likely do a wholesome edgy skeleton gun-running musician type.

Rhyos fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 15, 2018

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Reynard, the Skinner

Haha, what's the secret to a solid show? Look friendo, normally I wouldn't do this, but you've been loose with your firewater on this long road and I don't expect we'll be seeing each other again, so here's a rare moment of honesty. People love it, when I flex my skull tats on stage and pull flaming swords out of my rear end. But the magic tricks, the costumes, all the pageantry of the whole thing, while they're great spectacle, don't get to the soul of the show. The soul of the show is that people want to both be amazed and be told only what they're prepared to believe. You have to build expectations, subvert them, and still capitalize on the momentum. That's how you light the ember in their hearts. Then you just fan the flames and people will tear themselves open before you. What's the secret to the show? When I'm wearing my make-up on stage, I'm a mirror that shows only what the viewer wants to see. When I take that make-up off? I'm the same loving thing.

quote:

Who is your tribe, and are you still in good terms with them?
Oh yeah, I ran with the Bone Speakers since they picked me up in Rat's Gasp out by the old gravel pits. Me mum was selling off runts wholesale and I was the lagniappe on a Skull Talker order for a baker's dozen. Barely remember those days. Anyway, when we were little we used to listen to the elders' words about the Silent Majority and the voice of the dead, and as we got older the other runts started to hear the dead too. Voices never came for me. That was, uh, bad news in those circles. I saw what they did to others who never heard the call, so I faked it as long as I could, and I faked it well. But that gig was going on borrowed time, so I decided to show myself out. Now I'm on the road, not a real, affiliated Bone Speaker per se, but they've got quite a rep and the facade helps pull off a sick, and more lucrative, show. What's it to ya?

quote:

Look, I don't know if the Silent Majority is an Ancestor, the Big One, or just something the Skull Talkers cooked up as an excuse to join hands and dance in circles. I know I've seen stuff I can't explain. I also know I'm deaf to whatever the Silent Majority has to say. You better believe they still walk the walk, and you better believe when I see them coming I start to bleat the prayers. You just got to be seen as one of the kind.

Look: Man, Show Wear, Beautiful Face, Mocking Eyes, Quick Hands, Toned Body

Stats:

Cool +1
Hard +1
Hot +2
Sharp +1
Weird -2

Moves:

Artful & Gracious
When you perform your chosen art - any act of expression or culture - or when you put its product before an audience, roll+hot. On a 10+, spend 3. On a 7-9, spend 1. Spend 1 to name an NPC member of your audience and choose one:
  • This person must meet me.
  • This person must have my services.
  • This person loves me.
  • This person must give me a gift.
  • This person admires my patron.
On a miss, you gain no benefit, but suffer no harm or lost opportunity. You simply perform very well.

Hypnotic
When you have time and solitude with someone, they become fixated upon you. Roll +hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. They can spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:
  • Giving you something you want.
  • Acting as your eyes and ears.
  • Fighting to protect you.
  • Doing something you tell them to.
For NPCs, while you have hold over them they can't act against you. For PCs, instead, any time you like you can spend your hold, 1 for 1:
  • They distract themselves with the thought of you. They're acting under fire.
  • They inspire themselves with the thought of you. They take +1 right now.
On a miss, they hold 2 over you, on the exact same terms.

Special: If you and another character have sex, choose one:

• You take +1 forward and so do they.
  • You take +1 forward; they take -1.
  • They must give you a gift worth at least 1-barter.
  • You can hypnotize them as though you'd rolled a 10+, even if you haven't chosen to get the right move.

Gear:
Hidden Knives (2-harm hand infinite)
Skin & Hair Kit (applied valuable)(Soaps, ochres, paints, creams, salves. Using it lets you take +1 hot forward.)
Spectacular Tattoos (implanted)

Hx:

List the other characters' names. Ask 1, 2, or all 3:
  • Which one of you is my friend? For that character, write Hx+2.
  • Which one of you is my lover? For that character, write Hx+1.
  • Which one of you is in love with me? For that character, write Hx-1.
For everyone else, write Hx+1 or Hx-1, as you choose.

Nonexistence fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 17, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Santa Muerte, the Gunlugger

In the calcified hellscapes of the new world, there are those who still hew to the old ways. Those who desperately cling to some semblance of what was and, hopefully, can be again. They need those who are willing to sacrifice their souls, cast off their mortal flesh, and protect them from all who would see them ground into powder. Santa Muerte is one such: an exemplar of her tribe and an unstoppable force of violence. She knows that there is no rest waiting for her when her body fails, only an eternity in the wars of bone in the land underneath. And, though she'd never admit it, the prospect excites her. Santa Muerte is violence incarnate.

quote:

Who is your tribe, and are you still in good terms with them? What was/is your tribe's God, and do they still worship it?

"My tribe, the Children of Ivory, worship an old one from the times before: Our Lady of Holy Death. The elders speak of her as a force of healing, protection, and a promise of safe respite in the afterlife. But for those of us sworn to the tribe's protection and safekeeping, we know her as something more primal still: Death, in all of her glory. The paint we wear marks us as her own, yet also marks us as those who will never rest. The moment I raised Her holiest of relics, Xiuhcoatl, I knew that I would never again find peace. Perhaps some who have sworn themselves as I have regret that decision. I have not — will not — and would gladly make that same decision once more."

"Yet, as is evident, I have walked towards the horizon and no longer find shelter with my fellow Children. It is not because I have betrayed them, nor because they find me objectionable. It is because the Lady Herself appeared to me and gave me a holy mission: I would find a place far to the west, across the tides of green, and there I would be needed."

The Gunlugger posted:

Name: Santa Muerte
Look: Woman, Ceremonial Armor, Painted Face, Sad Eyes, Compact Body

Stats:

Cool -1
Hard +3
Hot -2
Sharp +1
Weird +2

Moves:

Battle-hardened: when you act under fire, or when you stand overwatch, roll+hard instead of roll+cool.
Insano like Drano: you get +1hard (hard+3).
NOT TO BE hosed WITH: in battle, you count as a small gang, with harm and armor according to your gear.

Special:

If you and another character have sex, you take +1 forward. At your option, they take +1 forward too.

Gear:

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl (3-harm close/far loud autofire ap)
w/ Grenade Tube (4-harm close area reload messy ap)
Beretta 92FS (2-harm close loud ap)
AP ammo (ap) Add ap to all your guns.
Painted Flak Armor (2-armor)
Oddments worth 2-barter

Hx:
On your turn, ask 1, 2 or all 3:
• Which one of you once left me bleeding, and did nothing for me? For that character, write Hx-2.
• Which one of you has fought shoulder to shoulder with me? For that character, write Hx+2.
• Which one of you is prettiest and/or smartest? For that character, write Hx+3.

For everyone else, write Hx-1. You find no particular need to understand most people.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 16, 2018

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I've never played AW, but I definitely want to read all the gonzo stuff people come up with

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Nonexistence posted:

Also a maybe, big AW fan and concept sounds amazing just on the fence about PBP. If I play I'll be a skinner whose art is ~street magic~

Pbp does have a bit of challenge for AW but I’m just gonna focus on posting and keeping the game moving forward rather than thinking too hard about it. If needed I could set up a discord when I get time.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
"Gonzo, heavy metal album themed" just screams The Show to me. But one quick question: It says to make a custom weapon using the battlebabe rules unless someone is already playing a battlebabe. Should I go ahead and make a weapon, or assume there might be one and choose ordinary gear unless no one apps a Battlebabe/I get in and whoever might app one didn't?

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Heliotrope posted:

"Gonzo, heavy metal album themed" just screams The Show to me. But one quick question: It says to make a custom weapon using the battlebabe rules unless someone is already playing a battlebabe. Should I go ahead and make a weapon, or assume there might be one and choose ordinary gear unless no one apps a Battlebabe/I get in and whoever might app one didn't?

Go ahead with the battlebabe rules, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Platinum, the Show

The world is dead, the people are hosed up, and we all struggle. Some want to know then, why I do what I do, why I use up so much. I party, I play, I gently caress, I fight. I live. What do I offer back?

What we have, what I give - music. When I ready myself and unleash my soul upon my axe, I loving open the eyes of everyone to the wonders left in this world. The living, the dead, the inbetween, the things no one knows about or sees - they all pay attention when I perform. They all loving acknowledge and understand the wonder and beauty that mere sounds can evoke.

That's what I bring.

quote:

Look: Androgynous, flashy costume, busted face, intense eyes, lush body

Stats

Cool=0 Hard+1 Hot+1 Sharp-1 Weird+2

Moves

Off the leash: whenever you’re about to do something you don’t always do, turn to the person who holds your leash. Ask them:
Do I think you’d be cool with this?
If you do think they’d be cool with it, then no problems. If you don’t think they would, you can do it anyway if you want, but first roll+hot. On a 10+, cool, carry on. On a 7–9, they can choose to erase one of your stat highlights, as though they’d hit you with seduce or manipulate and given you the stick. On a miss, they don’t hold your leash anymore. Choose someone else to hold it (whether they want to or not).

Gear:

Clothing worth 1 armor

Electric Guitar (handle, head, antique) (2-harm hand valuable)

Rig:

You can strip your rig down to a version that you can carry as a backpack (valuable hitech).
When you play, the ancient death satellites that still orbit the earth stir in their sleep.
When you play, loving dead souls stop their groaning to listen.

Music:

When you perform, you can, if you try, crack open the world. Roll+weird. On a 10+, choose 1. On a 7–9, choose 1, but you suffer 1-harm ap loud. On a miss, choose 1, but you and everyone within reach of you suffers 1-harm ap loud.
You make the noise that the ancient bronze armies made, beating their spears on their shields. In battle, you can give someone seizing by force (or a variant) +1choice.
You make the noise that reverberates inside a vulture’s skull when it scrapes its beak on carrion bone. Tell the MC that all the NPCs who hear it now form a hunting pack, and ask what they do.
You make the noise in the heart of doomed soldiers when they realize that they have lost everything they loved. In battle, tell the MC that your enemies panic, and ask what happens.
You make the noise that the alien brains made when they pushed the button that ended humanity. You can use your audience for augury.
You make the noise that your lover’s breath and blood makes when they’re turned on. Tell the MC that this place becomes shifting ground. Ask what happens.
You make the noise that the last whale heard when it sang and no one answered. Tell the MC that this place becomes a prison (impulse: to contain, to deny egress), a furnace (impulse: to consume things), or a mirage (impulse: to entice and betray people), your choice. Ask what happens.
You make the noise that the dinosaurs heard when they looked up and saw the fireball. Tell the MC that all the NPCs who hear it now form a cult, and ask what they do.
You make the noise that your soul made when the worst happened, and you learned that you were still alive, and were not alone. Tell the MC that all the NPCs who hear it now form a family, and ask what they do.
You make the noise that the citizens of Rome heard when Spartacus’ army smashed open their gates. Tell the MC that any NPCs who hear it who’ve been enslaved rise up, throw off their chains, take up arms, and attack their slavers, and ask what happens.

You can instead, if you choose, pander to your audience. Roll+hot. On a 10+, choose 1. On a 7–9, choose 1, and take -1weird to the next time you try to crack open the world. On a miss, choose 1, and the next time you try to crack open the world, don’t roll, treat it as a miss.
They cough up. The person who holds your leash gets 10-barter.
They cough up. The person who holds your leash gets 6-barter.
They cough up. The person who holds your leash gets 1-barter.

HX

Before anybody assigns Hx, choose which of the other characters holds your leash. Tell them. If they don’t like it, shrug.

Go around again for Hx. On your turn, whoever holds your leash, write Hx+2. Leave everyone else blank for now.

On the others’ turns, answer their questions as you like.

At the end, copy Hx straight over from the person who holds your leash. Who they know, you know. Who they don’t, you don’t.

SHOW SPECIAL

If you and another character have sex, sweet.

quote:

I was born into the Bone Eaters, but rather then kill to live I left and hit the loving road when I was old enough to understand how to make it on my own. The Bone Eaters never care about the future - they eat the remains of the dead as a way to punish them for what has happened. Pretty stupid bullshit really. I'm sure they're pissed, but...what the gently caress are they even going to do?

quote:

From what I hear, the Bone Eaters still follow the Endless Hunger. It will never be satisfied, they will never be satisfied, but they march to its tune anyway. loving idiots, all of them.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 17, 2018

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

The Bride the Hocus

You pass by the common area of some nameless hard-hold. Normally these places are filled with men and woman bartering the necessities of life. However that is not true today a small crowd is gathered around a young outsider speaking with a fiery passion to an assembled crowd. "--We must embrace death! caress it like a lover, bend to it's whims. For it is death that comes to us all in the end. Rich, poor, weak and strong, clever and stupid the eternal embrace is there for us all. The fleshmen thought they could deny death and fight it. But where are their works now? Buried in the great bone wastes! and the men themselves who sought in their hubris to end death, lie rotting at it's feet. " You notice her wearing the tattered remnants of a wedding gown the form beneath bony and austere as if she has known hunger recently. Gradually the crowd begins to drift away, except for a small few who gather closer eager to hear more of the strangers wisdom.

quote:

Name: The Bride
Look: Woman, Tattered Vestments, Burning Eyes, Ascetic face, bony body.

Stats:

Cool -1
Hard +1
Hot 0
Sharp +1
Weird +2

Moves:

Fortunes: fortune, surplus and want all depend on your followers. At the beginning of the
session, roll+fortune. On a 10+, your followers have surplus. On a 7–9, they have surplus,
but choose 1 want. On a miss, they are in want. If their surplus lists barter, like 1-barter
or 2-barter, that’s your personal share, to spend for your lifestyle or for what you will.

Charismatic: when you try to manipulate someone, roll+weird instead of roll+hot.

Frenzy: When you speak the truth to a mob, roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9,
hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make the mob:
• Bring people forward and deliver them.
• Bring forward all their precious things.
• Unite and fight for you as a gang (2-harm 0-armor size appropriate).
• Fall into an orgy of uninhibited emotion: loving, lamenting, fighting, sharing, celebrating, as
you choose.
• Go quietly back to their lives.
On a miss, the mob turns on you.

Followers:

By default you have around 20 followers, loyal to you but not fanatical. they have their
own lives apart from you, integrated in the local population (fortune+1 surplus: 2-barter, insight, Violence,
want: Hunger, disease)

your cult

Your followers are rigorous and argumentative. Surplus: +insight.

Your followers are dedicated to you. Surplus: +1barter, and replace want: desertion with
want: hunger.

Your followers disdain law, peace, reason and society. Surplus: +violence.

Your followers disdain fashion, luxury and convention. Want: +disease.

Special:

If you and another character have sex, you each
hold 1. Either of you can spend your hold any time
to help or interfere with the other, at a distance or
despite any barriers that would normally prevent it.

Gear:

Oddments worth 4-barter

Hx
On your turn, ask either or both:
• Which of you are my followers? For those characters, write Hx+2.
• One of you, I’ve seen your soul. Which one? For that character, write Hx+3.
For everyone else, write Hx+1. You’re a good and quick judge of others.

quote:

"Yes your elders will say I cannot be trusted that I am an outsider, a Bone Speaker. I tell you that I am no longer such a creature. Yes I grew to wisdom in a Bone Speaker hold and clothed myself as one once. But no longer, For are we not all equal in deaths cold embrace. Should not we be all equal in life as well? The elders of my own tribe were too blind to see this and in fear of the truth have exiled me to wander these wastes! But it is they who will learn and learn well because Death will come to them soon enough and on their knees they will plead for it's embrace. And if I am feeling merciful I may grant them such an honour."

quote:

"No such honour will be granted to the false prophets amongst them. The thrice-accursed Skull-talkers. The men who laughably claim to speak for the dead. For our Ancestors, they claim that they the Silent Majority watch over us and send instructions from beyond the veil, instructions that only they can interpret. Yet it is strange is it not how the Silent Majority always seem to give instruction that it is the power and influence of the power of the Skull-talkers which must increase. I call them liars and thieves who care more for their own wealth and prestige than the people who's lives they guide. I pray daily that my mis-led tribesmen will come to the truth and overthrow the fools who lead them."

At that the remaining handful drift away leaving but a few and the woman speaks anew. Quieter now yet still filled with implacable purpose. "Yes you have seen the truth. Do you pledge yourselves to death? To grant it's mercies to those who have earned them? To serve it as a child would their parent? Then come brothers and sisters for we shall build a new world in the bones of the old..."

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 16, 2018

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

This is right up my alley

---

++===
Begin Log{
::dir rec g
sub sep sleep 7 dec cop deny
Rotation 9 deny entry to subspace control begin
Landing essential
Deny thermal batteries, enter cold stapling
Award armoring of fore guards
Entry immanent
Wake
Wake
Wake
Sub sleep 7 rec g interrupt
Wake
Wake
Wake
Sub sleep 7 rec g interrupt
Entry complete;
Sub sleep 7 desg Specialist ,  .
Sub liquefied via entry maelstrom
Sub sleep 9 desg Specialist Kimber, Bell A.
Sub undam
Begin fix process active
Recultivate proteans
Dank THC mechanisms
Install Oxygenation Protocols
Demode tank liquid
Initiate brain decalcification
Initiate mem upload
Mem failure -- RAM overload, declassified files still encrypted, error
error root file denied
retry?
y
error root file denied
retry?
n
Expel Sub 9
}end log
==++

We the tribe of the Holy Earth, we walk the deserts, the brain open to the sky of death, the mind conquering all.

We take that which is necessary for life, because we are People of Action. We ride our multi-beasts and take the novel thoughts from those who are mobile.

We stop the static places and we give that which is worthless for that which is good. We ring the cloister Bell and those who hear its call come and follow us.

We are the tribe of the Holy Earth, and we walk the deserts, brains open to the blasted land, the living bones, the flesh that is weak growing tough as stone.

I still walk with the Tribe of the Holy Earth, and I still revere their god, the holy soil that crunches beneath our feet. I still breathe the holy fumes that we are taught to make from the filtered sand of the endless tree, and still read the scratched lines of the Book of the Printed Fiction.

I am not of their blood, and will forever be outside, yet they are my family. I can smell their minds, and I can taste their fear. I know that when I emerged from the capsule, they recoiled in terror, seeing one of their own so pure alabaster and untainted by the sick sun. Yet the earth would not allow them to abandon me, and quickly I was fitted with a mask and swaddled in the robes of dark brown. Soon my skin acquired the proper tan, though my eyes remain a strange red and my hair the wrong blonde.

Some said I should be eaten as a gift from the sky, but they were drowned out by those who said that the sky killed those who harmed their gifts. I can still hear them now, their silent thoughts, mixing and swirling in the cacophony of exchange. Then we all breathe deep and we forget.

They taught me of the bone men, and how to trample them neath my multi-beast's hooves. The bone men's thoughts are silent, for now, but I wonder at how they think and feel and coordinate.

I walk with my people and I wonder, how much longer will I be welcome? I wonder what has become of my home, the place where I slept?

quote:

Name: Bell
Look: Male?, Hooded robe, gas mask, hooded eyes, thin body

Stats:

Cool +1
Hard +1
Hot -2
Sharp +1
Weird +2

Moves:

Direct-brain whisper projection: you can roll +weird to get the effects of going aggro, without going aggro. Your victim has to be able to see you, but you don’t have to interact. If your victim forces your hand, your mind counts as a weapon (1-harm ap close loud-optional).

In-brain puppet strings: when you have time and physical intimacy with someone— again, mutual or 1-sided— you can plant a command inside their mind. Roll +weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. At your will, no matter the circumstances, you can spend
your hold 1 for 1:
• Inflict 1-harm (ap).
• They take -1 right now.
If they fulfill your command, that counts for all your remaining hold. On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.

Gear:
• hidden knives (2-harm, hand, infinite)
• oddments worth 8-barter
• fashion suitable to your look, including at your option a piece worth 1-armor
• violation glove (hand hi-tech) - For purposes of brainer moves, mere skin contact counts as time and intimacy.
• pain-wave projector (1-harm ap area loud reload hi-tech) -Goes off like a reusable grenade. Hits everyone but you.

Special

If you and another character have sex, you automatically do a deep brain scan on them, whether you have the move or not. Roll+weird as normal. However, the MC chooses which questions the other character’s player answers.

Hx

Go around again for Hx. On your turn, ask 1,
2 or all 3:

• Which one of you has slept in my presence (knowingly or un-)?
For that character, write Hx+2.

• Which one of you have I been watching carefully, in secret?

• Which one of you most evidently dislikes and distrusts me?
For that character, write Hx+3.

For everyone else, write Hx+1. You have weird
insights into everyone.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Skulls

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

This looks metal and awesome. Might try to reskin a playbook as some kind of Sky Captain....Hardholder or Driver, most likely.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Two Percent
The No One

How long ago did the Great Calcification happen? No, tell me the truth. I know I was there, but I don't remember it. I don't remember much of anything. I don't remember my old name or my face or the ones I loved and feared. What I remember is this: death, and pain.

Since the Calcification I have fallen in with others like me, people who have ripped their flesh from their bodies and became pure beings of white calcium, whole and beautiful. We call ourselves the Followers of Lakto, worshippers of a day before the flesh failed and only the strength of skeletons remained. They taught me how to survive out here, how to lessen the pain, how to keep my bones from crumbling and my body ever moving forward. But I am not like them, for they remember much. I remember nothing.

Or do I? I see them at night, visions of a broken world and of man made whole. Screams of children, but laughter too, I think. I think it is time to take this rustbucket the Followers gave me, and pursue my own path. Perhaps I will be made whole again some day, or perhaps I will be ground into dust. I do not care which.

code:
Two Percent
The No One
(they/them)

Cool  +2
Hard  =0
Hot   +1
Sharp -1
Weird +1

Look: Ambiguous, layers of rags, ruined face, empty eyes, angular body

Moves:

Visions: at the beginning of the session, roll+cool. On a 10+, the MC holds 1. On a 7–9, the MC
holds 2. On a miss, the MC holds 3. If the MC now has 3 hold or more, she must begin the session by
spending 1.
- The MC can spend 1 hold at a moment of transition to tell you that a vision comes on you, and ask
where you are and who you’re with.
- The MC can spend 2 hold at any moment to interrupt you and tell you that a vision comes on you
right now.
The MC doesn’t lose unspent hold at the end of the session, but carries it over.

Road Refugee: you get a car. You detail it, but give it 2 weaknesses, 1 strength, and poor looks.
Two Percent drives The Rustbucket (speed=0, handling=0, 0-arm, massive=2), a rusted old Plymouth Road Runner lifted on comically-oversized off-road tires. 
The Rustbucket has Strength: Off-Road and Weaknesses: Loud, Temperamental. 
It looks cobbled-together, rust-covered, and on the verge of total breakdown. 

Scavenger: at the end of the session, name 1 or 2 things that you’ve scavenged, incidentally,
while everything else has been going on. Roll+sharp. On a 10+, you get 1-barter. On a 7–9, you get
1-barter, but you can only use it for your lifestyle at the beginning of the next session. On a miss,
you’ve stolen something from someone. 

Visions:
The skeletal ruins of an ancient city, its metal bones thrust skyward.
A place amid filthy water, close, stinking, whose touch is corruption.
People chained.
A child, laughing.

Gear:
Bent, lovely knife (2-harm hand)
Oddments worth 1-barter
Rags and rotten leather, barely clinging to my weathered bones

Hx:
Three Mile +1
Santa Muerta +1 
Reynard +1
Platinum +1

quiggy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 24, 2018

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The Savvyhead, Xiph

I was born into the Gravekeepers. They and I are the ancestors of those who took refuge within The Protector. When jutting bone destroyed the works of the old world, so too did The Protector appear. Her skull protruded from the ground. Hundreds of feet across, it provided protection from the new world for our ancestors. Her missing brain gave space for our homes. Great hollows spaces where Her eyes would have been give us light. They built gates in the empty space that must have been Her nose.The Gravekeepers worship Her. They worship all bones of the old world, even human, as treasured relics.

They remain a small tribe, unwilling to build beyond Her protection. They leave only for the occasional hunt, so it is unlikely they will uncover the real reason I left. I discovered, there in Her shadow, the way to commune with the old world. To crack open their bones and suck the marrow out… To taste them and see the colors of their knowledge swirl around me. They tell me how to build gadgets of their time. The knowledge that to them must have been mundane is a revelation in this new hell.

Having lived trapped in the shadow of The Protector, I know more of the old world through my bones than I do of the world I was born into. The people, their cultures... Most I have seen are uninteresting to me beyond what supplies I can extract from them.

I can not conceive of the punishment the Gravekeepers would levy me if they knew my truth. They would consider me an aberration; the ultimate defiler and traitor. But yet I know the truth of what I do. The dead seem happy to speak, even if I can not yet speak back. Would they share their knowledge as they do if they were so opposed? As I seek purpose in life, they seek purpose in death.

And so I create trinkets of the old world to pay my way through the new. I adorn myself in their long-left tools. I build my collection of bones and abandoned machines and twist them to new purposes. I will continue this until the day I am able to return to The Protector. Though I worship her no longer, I tremble in anticipation of our reunion. On that day, in the blistering heat of knowledge, I will taste Her marrow and allow her to whisper her long kept secrets in my ear. What a day that will be for us both.

quote:

Name: Xiph

Look:
Man, techware, expressive face, quick eyes, wiry body

Stats:
Cool=0 Hard-1 Hot-1 Sharp+2 Weird+2

Moves
Things speak: whenever you handle or examine something interesting, roll+weird. On a hit, you can ask the MC questions. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7–9, ask 1:
• Who handled this last before me?
• Who made this?
• What strong emotions have been most recently nearby this?
• What words have been said most recently nearby this?
• What has been done most recently with this, or to this?
• What’s wrong with this, and how might I fix it?
Treat a miss as though you’ve opened your brain to the world’s psychic maelstrom and missed the roll.

Bonefeel: at the beginning of the session, roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 1+1. On a 7–9, hold 1. At any time, either you or the MC can spend your hold to have you already be there, with the proper tools and knowledge, with or without any clear explanation why. If your hold was 1+1, take +1 forward now. On a miss, the MC holds 1, and can spend it to have you be there already, but somehow pinned, caught or trapped.

Special:
If you and another character have sex, they automatically speak to you, as though they were a thing and you’d rolled a 10+, whether you have the move or not. The other player and the MC will answer your questions between them. Otherwise, that move never works on people, only things.

Workspace:
-a junkyard of raw materials
-weird-rear end electronica
-a truck or van

I see my workshop being inside the van. Its interior is stacked high with bones and salvaged machinery and wires. My “junkyard” is a seemingly otherwise undisturbed graveyard I raid for materials.

Van, base massive 2
Strengths: easily repaired
Looks: powerful, cobbled-together
Weakness: slow, cramped
Battle options: +1 armor, +1 armor

Projects:
Create a device that will allow me to safely extract marrow from super-massive new world bones.

Gear:
You have oddments worth 6-barter, and any personal piece or three of normal gear or weaponry.

6 barter
A serrated knife with a polished bone handle. I hope to commune with the bone’s original owner one day. (2-harm hand messy)

Hx:
• Which of you is the most strange?
For those characters, write Hx+1.
• Which one of you is the biggest potential problem?
For everyone else, write Hx-1. You’ve got other stuff to do and other stuff to learn.

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 16, 2018

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

These submissions are looking awesome, when you’ve finished your app please post so I can take a gander and throw a couple more questions at ya.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I'm satisfied with mine.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Done with mine!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I statted out my ride and made a couple very small tweaks. All good now.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I'm good :)

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Done with mine.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Finished mine as well.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quote:

Three Mile, a Symbiote
Cool +0 Hard +0 Hot +0 Sharp +0 Weird +2

The health of the host (ii): at the beginning of the session, roll+weird. On a 10+, choose 4. On a 7–9, choose 3. You may choose an option more than once, but you must choose the first option at least once:
• Name an NPC, and explain how good luck has improved, eased, or enriched their life.
• Name another player’s character. They get 1-barter to spend on their lifestyle. Tell them which one of you is their benefactor.
• Name another player’s character. They get 1-barter to spend on their lifestyle. None of your colony is their apparent benefactor. By all evidence, the barter comes from their own efforts and/or good fortune.
On a miss, instead choose 2. You must choose the first option at least once:
• Name another player’s character, and explain how their luck has turned suddenly incredibly lovely.
• Name an NPC, and explain how their luck has turned suddenly incredibly lovely.
You can defer your choice to the MC, if you prefer.

The Colony is Martyrs and Sustaining.
It currently consists of:

Gus, Cool +2, Sharp -1
- smg (2-harm close area loud) and leathers worth 1-armor
- a gig keeping and holding valuables for Duke Quad-El Ricc, worth 2-barter a session
- oddments worth 3-barter
- something big on Santa Muerte

Encina Hot +2, Cool -1
- access to Bing Carrera's garage and all their vehicles
- a gig providing Lasso with food, entertainment, and drugs, worth 2-barter a session.
- available for Insight.
- Platinum's lover.

Puma Hard +2, Sharp -1
- hunting rifle with a good sight (3-harm far loud reload)
- a home in the green mist below where most roam
- a tempestuous, devoted, tough, beautiful little family: Greeler, Ki Yin, Spite, Locarni

Hx:
Reynard =0
Santa Muerte =0
Two Percent +1
Platinum =0
Xiph +0

I emerged sometime after the Great Calcification, but I have been here for quite some time, in various forms and guises. I am Three Mile; I am currently, Puma, Gus, and Encina; I have been C. Dune Riley, Amanda 89, and Thorch. I have been Friar Jum, and Baracum, and Holty. I am a collection of consciousness, one and many, and the details of my existence remain rather unimportant to you, for now. For now, I suppose.

<Gus> I'm working for the Duke right now, near the Children of Ivory's territory, but the Duke's carved out a holler. I say near, but that really just means "near as anyone gets." They're wild, and if they weren't so focused on grinding us all to dust, they might be fun. As it is, they're terrifying. I'd rather be on the Duke's side, at least he believes in something. We've got a little fort and all. That's something. It's not nihilism. I know about the Children and their warriors. And one warrior in particular though. Vicious through and through. And yet she needed ol' Gus' help on her 'pilgrimage,' she called it. Keep that in mind, now...

<Puma> Haven't seen any Lottery skels in years down here. Ran with that crew for some time, but eventually me 'n Greeler had enough. Most people don't escape the Lottery; hell knows I've seen to that myself more than a few times. We came down to the one place we though they'd never look; the downside. Downside of Arc-Royale, too. You can hear the prayer reverberating down though the big skull that makes up the Arc-Royale temple. I like to think Avva keeps the Lottery away. Avva and Reta, two sisters at war for eternity. They said Reta never let us down, back in the Lottery days, and I believed that as much as any skel.

<Encina> Cookin' all sorts of things for Lasso's a pretty great gig, I got to say. Lasso and Bing Carrera run the Pinplex, and I've got the goods without as big a target on my ribs. Lively people, lively deals, and don't say it ever gets boring around here, especially not when that fuckin' guitarist is here. Daaaamn. Whispered my thanks to the Allsaint first time I layed my eyes on them, but the big brothers don't like that prayin' stuff much. I try to keep in their good graces, but the Allsaint's lookin' out for me, yanno?

I'm set.

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 25, 2018

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Nonexistence posted:

I'm satisfied with mine.

Just to clarify, are Bone Speakers like the official title of the Skull Talkers? Or different names of the same people, or different factions within the same people?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Banana Man posted:

Just to clarify, are Bone Speakers like the official title of the Skull Talkers? Or different names of the same people, or different factions within the same people?

I was riffing on Ferrosol's most excellent piece, but my reading was that the Bone Speakers are the general group and the Skull Talkers are the charismatic leaders of that group.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Nonexistence posted:

I was riffing on Ferrosol's most excellent piece, but my reading was that the Bone Speakers are the general group and the Skull Talkers are the charismatic leaders of that group.

Oh crap lol alright more reading for me then. Thanks for the quick response.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Reynard:
When has claiming to be a Skull Talker gotten you in some deep poo poo? Whats it like to be one of the few fleshed worth lookin at?

Santa Muerte:
On your pilgrimage to the west, you walked through madness itself; On the the 32nd Day, a crow had landed on your shoulder to guide you further. What did you see where you had stood? What does Xiuhcoatl sound like when it fires? Also, occ take a look at Captain Foo’s character and let us know if you’re ok with the option he took for his person.

Xiph:
What was the most powerful vision the dead had given to you? What structure has the Protector’s form sheltered, deep in a field of bone that only you know of?

Two Percent:
What have you seen out in the bonewastes that’s frightened you? What sound follows you day after day, just over the horizon?

The Bride:
Who among your flock is your most devout? When did you first learn that the Skull Talkers were false?

Platinum:
How did the Axe come to you? What happened the first time you played it? Also, occ take a look at Captain Foo’s character and let us know if you’re ok with the option he took for his person.

Toph Bei Fong is your app complete? It looks like it but just double checking.

Banana Man fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 17, 2018

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Banana Man posted:

Platinum:

How did the Axe come to you? What happened the first time you played it? Also, occ take a look at Captain Foo’s character and let us know if you’re ok with the option he took for his person.

The Axe? This fuckin thing? It was meant for me.

I had run from the Bone Eaters, and was crawling across the lands. There, out in the open, was gnarly looking axe clutched in the crumbling bony arms of a immobile skeleton. Delirious, I grabbed it. The bone hand grabbed back, and so ensued a loving tug of war. I pulled it close, and the skeleton's arm came off. But it didn't stop trying to hold it, oh no. It grabbed me by the throat and squeezed, intending to ensure only it would have the Axe. And with it so close...I played a few notes. The arm stopped, and here I was looking at this loving magnificent instrument, saved from death by my own music skills.

I just slammed it against my side strumming wildly. The music came out from the guitar. The music came out from ME. The skeleton watched and stared. Above, in the dark sky, pinpricks of light glimmered. They formed eyes, which watched me. I went wilder, not even caring what I did or how long I was doing it. More skeletons came, more dots littered the sky, and I was shouting and crying and yelling - none of which could have been heard above the noise the music made. I gave them all the first show of my life. I realized what I was, what my purpose was, what I was to do. And I finished.

When I was done the eyes in the skies vanished, the sounds echoed away...but the skeleton stayed. And it gave me a way to carry everything I need on my back. It pointed somewhere and breathed out a final, dusty, phrase:

"ROCK ON"

Then it crumbled to dust, never to form again. I followed the direction my friend had pointed me to and found my new home. My new master. My new life. My new friends, enemies, allies, fuckbuddies, fans, haters, everything I want and need. All because I saw something cool in the desert and decided to take it for myself.

OOC: Yeah I'm fine with the option for Encina, although Platinum uses they/them pronouns.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Heliotrope posted:

OOC: Yeah I'm fine with the option for Encina, although Platinum uses they/them pronouns.

You got it!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Banana Man posted:

Two Percent:
What have you seen out in the bonewastes that’s frightened you? What sound follows you day after day, just over the horizon?

Two weeks ago the Rustbucket climbed up a mound of skulls and I peered down into a nigh-endless valley of death and silence. Though the bones below me looked lifeless, I could still feel souls clinging loosely to them, bound to them as I am to these bones of mine. And upon those bones I saw something I can only begin to fathom, great creatures of rotten flesh feasting upon the souls bound to the bones and devouring them whole. I hope that someday, I can sever myself from these bones and be free, but not like that. I will take this eternity of torment over that.

Since that day I have fled in the opposite direction of the valley of death and silence. I have seen none of the flesh-crawlers, but I still hear their sounds echoing at night, like a grinding sound of metal on metal. They're coming for me. I fear the flesh oblivion I will be cast into if they should catch up to me, and feast upon my essence as they did those poor folk trapped below me in the valley. I must escape.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:rock: flesh oblivion :rock:

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Banana Man posted:

Santa Muerte:
On your pilgrimage to the west, you walked through madness itself; On the 32nd Day, a crow had landed on your shoulder to guide you further. What did you see where you had stood? What does Xiuhcoatl sound like when it fires?

"The journey in Her footsteps was one of fire and blood, bone and suffering. I saw those bereft of Her promise of salvation, shambling creatures of death and decay, tearing each other apart and forming immense behemoths of bleached ivory. No few attempted to add my own bones to their collection, but I showed them Our Lady's Light. The sacred canisters of Exem Ten-Sixty cleansed them of the darkness that drove them and saw their impurities burned clean by the fire. The Lady smiled upon me that day, more than ever before."

"But that is not what you wished to know. You wished to know of the crow that guided me on. There were two, as it happens, though only one bore wings. I shall tell you of that first, then the wingless crow that followed. Not long after I cleansed the walking boneyards and guided those within to the Lady's waiting arms, I found myself climbing through an immense construction of spiraling ivory. It took hours, if not days, and I finally collapsed upon a platform surrounded by five spires. It was there that Her crow found me."

"A curious creature, many-eyed and cawwing terrible truths, but one that I immediately felt kinship to. I did not know the why of its presence, then, but as I gazed upon it... I felt myself slipping from my own frame into that of it. The crow — with my spirit in passage — flew up towards the eldritch flames that haunt the skies. It wheeled for some time, the land seeming small and remote, and then I saw it. The platform my body still lay upon? An immense arm, grasping upward from deep within the tides of green. I know not what creature could have been that great, but I do know this: By the Lady's grace, I'll have the chance to shepherd one such into her arms. Afterwards, I awoke once more in my mortal frame. I knew that I was on the right course and need only continue to the west."

"The second crow was no crow in body, though he was in spirit. Many days after the first, I found myself in the Duchy of Ricc. The Lady's grace fuels me, of course, but I must admit that I was failing under the burden of Her pilgrimage. The guide she sent, Gus, offered me sustenance and shelter in my time of need. I offered to guide him to Her arms, in thanks, but he deferred. She needs Her crows, just as She needs Her hands, I suppose. Instead, I promised that I would help him with the duties She gave him, should he speak to me of them."

"And, of course, you wish to know of her sacred relic? Xiuhcoatl makes the noise that the old-world demons did when Her fires cast their wings of aluminum and chrome down from the heavens. It makes the noise of damnation and regrets unspoken. It makes the noise of a legion of bone and armor, marching towards glorious battle. It whispers all of our Lady's regrets and screams Her hopes for salvation."

quote:

Also, occ take a look at Captain Foo’s character and let us know if you’re ok with the option he took for his person.

I am certainly down, though there's a bit of a snafu with the fiction as established: the Children are basically pacifists and far to the east, so it doesn't really fit with the portrayal of them as terrifying death cultists bordering the Duke's territory. Santa Muerte is more the exception to her tribe than the rule. So maybe, instead, it could be that Gus helped Santa Muerte at some point on her pilgrimage and she owes him big.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 17, 2018

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tricky posted:

I'll finish this up later this morning, wanted to address the second question first thing.

I am certainly down, though there's a bit of a snafu with the fiction as established: the Children are basically pacifists and far to the east, so it doesn't really fit with the portrayal of them as terrifying death cultists bordering the Duke's territory. Santa Muerte is more the exception to her tribe than the rule. So maybe, instead, it could be that Gus helped Santa Muerte at some point on her pilgrimage and she owes him big.

Maybe Gus doesn't know the Children as well as he thinks he does? I could definitely see him informing some of the stories springing up about them, especially if most of the actual experience anyone has of them is through Gus' assistance of Santa Muerte, who is much more like he describes?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sure, that certainly makes sense.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tricky posted:

Sure, that certainly makes sense.

cool; re-wrote the <Gus> section a bit. Let me know what you think.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Banana Man posted:

Reynard:
When has claiming to be a Skull Talker gotten you in some deep poo poo? Whats it like to be one of the few fleshed worth lookin at?

Haha, boy do I have a story for this. This one time I was doing a show outside the gates over at Pauper's Barrow and I was reeeally leaning into my Skull Talker bit. You've got to read your audience, you know, and these guys were total ghouls and they were eating that spooky poo poo up. So while I'm performing, I'm also scoping out marks for after the show - in one corner towards the back, I see a bunch of stiffs with hollow eyes, and they're all dressed the same - clothes said wedding, faces said funeral. What caught my eye was that they each had dozens of wedding bands on their fingers mounted with tiny skulls instead of rocks. This signalled three things: sweet luxe, connections, and the hope of a package deal.

So I target the most vulnerable one - young, ruined beauty, bit of a glimmer in her dead eyes - and I'm throwing her looks the whole show. No obvious response, but she and her posse still stuck around after. I went up to mingle and things started ok, but then one of her comrades started getting real heavy pushing me on the Skull Talker stuff. Then they all set in, ranting words clearly someone else authored for them about Skull Talkers being false prophets, something about a Bride, and pledging to death. For hating Bone Speakers, they sure did talk like them. Same poo poo, different toilet. The one I had eyes on suddenly slashed me with a dagger out of no where and I felt my body go heavy, then limp, then dead. That's how I felt anyway.

When I woke up, I was in a coffin in the pitch black. I could taste the sand that had worked its way through the cracks. I knew I was six feet under and that there was no hope. I don't know how long I was stuck there, crying in the darkness. Then I heard something, low and scratching, like bones rattling against the underside of my coffin. I was more dead than alive at that point, and just assumed this was death come a'knockin, but the scraping kept going on and on and I could feel my coffin rattle and lift. Suddenly I saw moonlight streaming through the cracks of the lid. I rolled out of my tomb and looked for my savior - first around the desert, then into my grave, then up at the starry sky. No one was there.

As to the looks, for the most part they're just another prop to sell the image. I don't have any ego or anything wrapped up in it, just helps to draw in the mark. Haha, really most times I don't even feel like I'm in my body, just making a marionette dance for its audience while the real me is just... off somewhere else. Is it weird to feel you don't have skin in the game when it's literally your skin in the game? I don't know, I've learned introspection isn't my strong suit so I've just kinda stopped questioning it.

Nonexistence fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 17, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

cool; re-wrote the <Gus> section a bit. Let me know what you think.

Looks good! I added a bit of Santa Muerte's views on things to my response, let me know if that fits what you're thinking.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tricky posted:

Looks good! I added a bit of Santa Muerte's views on things to my response, let me know if that fits what you're thinking.

Looks good to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Captain Foo posted:

:rock: flesh oblivion :rock:

We just announced for Maryland Deathfest, be sure to come on down and thrash with us

• Locked thread