Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indyrenegade

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI
sig-mund freudfisto

thanks to manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

technical difficulties resolved!

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 19, 2018

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

technical difficulties resolved!

HOLY poo poo THIS IS BEAUTIFUL THANK YOU :swoon:

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

you're welcome, glad you like it!

it's hard to see, but it is in fact byob on the screen of that phablet/whatever

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

hamjobs posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

you're welcome, glad you like it!

it's hard to see, but it is in fact byob on the screen of that phablet/whatever

alpacas use a phablet, for sure, because they don't have thumbs so they bonk it with their snoots :kimchi:

this is highly appropriate because my baby paca pals that i'll be visiting this week (TO MAYBE BUY A PAIR OMG) will be boopin their snoots onto my phone camera!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

I made you a thing, I hope you like it!

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

cool!

City of Glompton

Splatmaster posted:

haha nice

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
That's a good thing to have made.

----------------

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
manifisto, do you have any long-term goals for your 3d art skills? any projects you want to do, for instance? just curious!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Manifisto

blaise rascal posted:

manifisto, do you have any long-term goals for your 3d art skills? any projects you want to do, for instance? just curious!

I guess I don't have specific goals as such, but I find it does have practical uses. It's helpful for envisioning projects, like "what would it look like if we had this porch enclosed" sort of things. There are a couple of youtubers who do really neat blender tutorials, for example cg geek and the blender guru, and it would undoubtedly be very good for developing my chops to do some fully realized scenes from scratch the way they do instead of taking various shortcuts and being satisfied with "eh, good enough."

I occasionally develop a little bit of an itch to simulate a particular type of thing and find myself spending a decent amount of time figuring out whether blender can do it at all and if so whether it can be done well / in a finite amount of time. there are some short animated scenes I'd like to put together but I don't quite know the right approach yet. a nice thing about blender is it's pretty actively developed, a lot of neat features are being worked on, so some of this stuff may become easier with time.

ty nesamdoom!

pogi

Plz: a doctor skeleton smoking weed. Thx

Manifisto

hello

take the moon

by sebmojo
skeletons dont even have lungs

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

spectres of autism posted:

skeletons dont even have lungs

:aaa:

then how is he smoking that joint???

e: doctor skele says, "marijuana is good for your bones. lungs are overrated."

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 25, 2018

Manifisto

okay, just one more toke before I perform a humanectomy on that skeleton . . .

yeah, that's the stuff

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

okay, just one more toke before I perform a humanectomy on that skeleton . . .

yeah, that's the stuff

:peanut:

Manifisto

pogi posted:

Plz: a doctor skeleton smoking weed. Thx

okay I've gone ahead and fully sigified the image for you, but if you have comments/suggestions feel free

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

okay I've gone ahead and fully sigified the image for you, but if you have comments/suggestions feel free

I mean, the whole piece is amazing but the kicker for me is the extra touch with the cherry blazing

(Hey, that sorta rhymes!)

FluffieDuckie

That’s amazing

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Someone should do a summer sig for Ms. Duckie.

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

I mean, the whole piece is amazing but the kicker for me is the extra touch with the cherry blazing

(Hey, that sorta rhymes!)

FluffieDuckie posted:

That’s amazing

thank you guys, I appreciate the comments

I have not been doing the summer sigs very scientifically. if there's someone who requested one and didn't get it and would still like it, please let me know.

Barking Gecko posted:

Someone should do a summer sig for Ms. Duckie.

fluffie is more than welcome to a sig if she wants one, I try not to do sigs for people unless they actually request it (no sense doing work for people who aren't interested)

it will be fall sig season before you know it, but I'm still in a summer mindset dammit

ty nesamdoom!

ChubbyChecker

could i get a sig

Manifisto

ChubbyChecker posted:

could i get a sig

I OWE you a sig. I was trying for a little while to render some "twisters" (tornadoes) in blender and wasn't making progress and I sorta stopped working on it.

Any thoughts on what you'd like? Maybe I can revisit the whirlwind idea if you like it.

ty nesamdoom!

ChubbyChecker

Manifisto posted:

I OWE you a sig. I was trying for a little while to render some "twisters" (tornadoes) in blender and wasn't making progress and I sorta stopped working on it.

Any thoughts on what you'd like? Maybe I can revisit the whirlwind idea if you like it.

yeah, whirlwinds would be great!

e: now that i think of it, summer is kinda ending, so when you're ready, could you make a fall sig thread and post it there

Manifisto

well it is not any kind of finished concept but here is proof that I have been plugging away at getting whirlwinds working in blender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker

Manifisto posted:

well it is not any kind of finished concept but here is proof that I have been plugging away at getting whirlwinds working in blender

cool!

• Locked thread