Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

The older dude did really great in drag, I have to say.

I kept thinking Erran Morad was gonna get him to make out to "prove" they're lesbians during the march

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Who's Roy?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I enjoyed the mosque setup sketch the most for some reason especially the crowd reaction.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I loved the whole show, my brother and I made our insulated, republican-voting defense-industry-working rocket scientist dad watch it since he loves SBC; and he was constantly amazed at the fact that people were doing what they did just based on the power of suggestion of a man obviously in prosthetics, especially dude yelling the N-word and pulling his rear end out, the quincineara and dude throating a dildo on a dudes crotch. Our only real response to him was, "I mean, you voted for the dude, look what he engendered." WHO IS AMERICA INDEED

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Any bets on whether this was actually the last episode ever, or whether we will get another season?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

MrQwerty posted:

I loved the whole show, my brother and I made our insulated, republican-voting defense-industry-working rocket scientist dad watch it since he loves SBC; and he was constantly amazed at the fact that people were doing what they did just based on the power of suggestion of a man obviously in prosthetics, especially dude yelling the N-word and pulling his rear end out, the quincineara and dude throating a dildo on a dudes crotch. Our only real response to him was, "I mean, you voted for the dude, look what he engendered." WHO IS AMERICA INDEED

Trump didn’t engender poo poo, he’s just riding the RED WAVE, these people did not spring forth from his head
America’s been like this for decades but nobody acknowledged it because of decorum

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

etalian posted:

I enjoyed the mosque setup sketch the most for some reason especially the crowd reaction.

:same:

I still giggle when I think about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Instead of having a minimum age to run for President, we should have a maximum age.

It should be like, 40. People whinge about how bad it would be to have a hotheaded 20 year old President but, you know, would it really be any worse than the parade of 60+ year old people who grew up before we even had color televisions. Like, poo poo, let's give it a try.

And many of the people who voted for Trump are the ones who would always say how "inappropriate" it would be if someone like Jon Stewart ran for office.

The cognitive dissonance is hyuuuge. It's bigly.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Trump didn’t engender poo poo, he’s just riding the RED WAVE, these people did not spring forth from his head
America’s been like this for decades but nobody acknowledged it because of decorum

That's absolutely true, they just kinda came to the forefront now and poo poo I've been saying is a thing and called a crazy person for is now on TV

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
I liked the Truthbrary guy because he had the same brand of idiocy as Ali-G

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Day Man posted:

Any bets on whether this was actually the last episode ever, or whether we will get another season?

I really don't see how he could pull it off again, but i still can't believe he did the first time.
I guess i had too much faith in the human race :smith:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
There are plenty of shitholes in Arizona to troll, like Lake Havasu City.

Joe Walsh's interview never aired either.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Empire State posted:

ed: I keep trying to imagine scenarios where Truthbrary could've been funny. I think it'd work if he had managed to score an interview with a real nutbag. Alex Jones agreeing wholeheartedly with Ruddick would be funny.

Eh, it's not really a win to get Alex Jones saying something crazy.

I think Truthbrary could've worked doing something like the Arizona mosque meeting, but flipped to where he goes somewhere super liberal and announces something designed to make them flip out.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Truthbrary would be more fun if it was an investigative journalism piece where he gets someone to go along on his dumb conspiracies

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Donovan Trip posted:

Truthbrary would be more fun if it was an investigative journalism piece where he gets someone to go along on his dumb conspiracies

Hopefully he gets people to do that if/when Season 2 happens.

I still haven't seen the last episode yet because I'm watching it with my family and they're more interested in watching the other lovely Showtime shows. :negative: However, I think Nira is my favorite character because he looks EXACTLY like what chuds think all liberals are. It's too loving perfect. Also, him trolling the gently caress out of those racist Zonies with the Clinton Foundation-funded mosque is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nira's most underappreciated moment was when he told that republican that having sex with a man didn't make him gay and the republican took an exception to this of all things.

E:
he actually moves his chair away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK2DGkyhY2A:laugh:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 28, 2018

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

By popular demand posted:

Nira's most underappreciated moment was when he told that republican that having sex with a man didn't make him gay and the republican took an exception to this of all things.

E:

I love the side-eye that the rapper gives Nira at the end of that episode

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Donovan Trip posted:

Yeah this is the only part that doesn't work at all IMO, it's like trying to sell the moon landing conspiracy to a normal person except even more so, it just doesn't go anywhere. He really should've found some Q chuds and tried to see how far they'd go with obviously batshit theories.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why are americans so afraid of homosexuals?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

By popular demand posted:

E:

A homosexual he can stand. But not a liar.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If it was only a matter of definitions he would have kept his cool like the rapper did, dude should realize that when you think about it as all have a little gay inside of us.:gay:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Zzulu posted:

Why are americans so afraid of homosexuals?

I hear that they turn you into one by sucking off your precious bodily fluid!
:bahgawd:Everyone grab a hard, thick shaft of wood!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Powershift posted:

I really don't see how he could pull it off again

By interviewing shitstains

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah this is the only part that doesn't work at all IMO, it's like trying to sell the moon landing conspiracy to a normal person except even more so, it just doesn't go anywhere. He really should've found some Q chuds and tried to see how far they'd go with obviously batshit theories.

Even some of the material he presented to those politicians would have illicit a more interesting reaction from people who support Trump, I think. Especially in the last episode, with the doctored 'buy a pussy' tape and the Comet Ping-Pong receipt. Similarly, some of the stuff from Nira would have been fun to see aimed at the more liberally-minded figures.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think he could absolutely have found people who believed that the "buy a pussy" "tape" was real.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

So what ended up happening with the Palin segment? Was it just not good footage, or what?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Probably too much of a confused gibberish to be funny rather than pitiful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bold Robot posted:

So what ended up happening with the Palin segment? Was it just not good footage, or what?

Showtime was probably afraid. SBC himself probably has enough money to not care.

I doubt the footage just wasn't good enough because there were several segments in this show that I'd say weren't remotely good, like the Bernie one. He just wasn't having it and it wasn't funny.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think the only reason they included the Bernie segment was to generate the "he makes fun of BOTH side" talking point, not because they had no better material.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

I think the only reason they included the Bernie segment was to generate the "he makes fun of BOTH side" talking point, not because they had no better material.

it was probably also a control, "this is what it looks like when someone realizes this is all bullshit and it's Borat in prosthetics"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Powershift posted:

I really don't see how he could pull it off again, but i still can't believe he did the first time.
I guess i had too much faith in the human race :smith:

If he came up with all new characters, he might be able to pull it off.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

esperterra posted:

If he came up with all new characters, he might be able to pull it off.

But i would think elected officials now understand that they shouldn't shout the n-word repeatedly while being filmed for a TV show

They should have known this before :negative:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

WaryWarren posted:

There are plenty of shitholes in Arizona to troll, like Lake Havasu City.

Joe Walsh's interview never aired either.

first episode

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I liked the Bernie Sanders and Ted Koppel segments because it showed people who were smart enough not to stick with his bullshit, as opposed to the fuckin' chuds who ate his poo poo up. I still can't believe the food critic ate the "human" dish. I laughed so loving hard at that, and can't believe someone would be that tolerant of a horrendous act, no matter how earnest and genuine the person who did it was.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It was ethically sourced, man

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

And then congratulated the family on producing such a tasty child

gently caress the rich

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The bit about liberals being sheep and easily persuaded to terrorism after the guy thinks that he killed somebody is one of the funniest things in this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

steinrokkan posted:

It was ethically sourced, man

Filet of Vegetarian-Fed Chinese Dissident

• Locked thread