Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Strong show, even if I kind of wish it had been two cours so it could have afforded to insert some downtime and stretch things out just a bit. B+, Glad I watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Anime was good, vegetarian end.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I like knowing that Karellan's tail is probably swishing madly despite his haughty demeanor in that shot.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Planet With was very very good and I need to figure out how to get all of my friends to watch it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

+1 point for the Nebulan that was just a floating rectangular cube with an eyeball

-1 point for Ginko's timeskip haircut

I liked the brisk pace of the plot, but yea it was just a tad too fast. Some scenes just needed a few seconds to fade to black so we could breathe.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Strong show, even if I kind of wish it had been two cours so it could have afforded to insert some downtime and stretch things out just a bit. B+, Glad I watched.

I don't think it needed 24-26 eps but if it could have been like 14-15 (or like 13 + the post-timeskip as an OVA with how cours work or whatever) I think it would have been a little better I think.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zerilan posted:

I don't think it needed 24-26 eps but if it could have been like 14-15 (or like 13 + the post-timeskip as an OVA with how cours work or whatever) I think it would have been a little better I think.

Yeah, that probably would have been the ideal length, but you don't usually see shows do weird numbers like that these days.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's def not an Angel Beats situation; it could've used maybe an extra ep here and there but I think it pretty much worked like a lot of Mizukami's short stories do where there's a clear goal for its story and characters and more or less takes an efficient path to its destinations on both. Some characters definitely lose out a bit but a straight 2x number of eps would've probably stretched it thin.

Strongest episode IMO is the 2nd to last; Ginko and Soya on the roof will be probably my defining memory of the whole thing.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

They didn't follow up on the connection between Sirusians and Humans Ginko hinted at when Soya said he's done when he gets his revenge, did they?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That was amazing. While I do think some more episodes couldn't have hurt, It still managed to tell a complete story. No padding or fluff. Wanting more just shows how amazing this show has been.

Now go read Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and Spirit Circle

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I guess if you want more episodes there's still the manga...

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mulderman posted:

That was amazing. While I do think some more episodes couldn't have hurt, It still managed to tell a complete story. No padding or fluff. Wanting more just shows how amazing this show has been.

I really hope one or both of those get eventual anime adaptations. Planet With was good but Spirit Circle was a masterpiece imo.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakugablog just did a write up about this show and how Mizukami as a mangaka intersected with the anime production.

https://twitter.com/SakugaBlog/status/1044617558622687233?s=19

And yeah, I'm rereading Spirit Circle as the volumes come out and it is so loving good. There's a scene in vol.3 where the two of them are fighting and the page is horrific violence, but the text is "hey stranger, it's nice to see you again" and I literally had to put the book down and walk around a little bit because it was like a truck full of emotions ran me down.

rvm
May 6, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Reading LBH is like watching the artist improve on pretty much every aspect with almost every chapter culminating in one of the best endgames in the medium.

Be sure to also check out his somewhat more traditional sci-fi oneshot called 'Walking the Void'.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fell a few episodes behind at some point and finally caught up. I really liked this show a lot. wish they'd given it just a few more episodes because it did feel a little rushed toward the end there, but overall I appreciate the fast pacing a lot. really like the cast and it was just a good time all around

the culmination of ginko and sora's relationship in the penultimate episode was so good

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 3, 2018

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

They didn't follow up on the connection between Sirusians and Humans Ginko hinted at when Soya said he's done when he gets his revenge, did they?

I think she was referring to them being similar in appearance, lifespan, and basic psychology. Why they're so similar (and why so many other species, including Ginko's, resemble humans or other Earth animals) is unclear. Convergent evolution due to fundamental similarities between nearly all planets capable of supporting intelligent life? Genetic tampering by the People of Paradise?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Silver2195 posted:

I think she was referring to them being similar in appearance, lifespan, and basic psychology. Why they're so similar (and why so many other species, including Ginko's, resemble humans or other Earth animals) is unclear. Convergent evolution due to fundamental similarities between nearly all planets capable of supporting intelligent life? Genetic tampering by the People of Paradise?

The People of Paradise are the Robotech Masters, this is all deculture

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

0/10 Soya never got any meat.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Big ol' interview with Mizukami at a screening of the (director's cut?) of the last episode with the cast.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-12-01/planet-with-creator-satoshi-mizukami-answers-fan-questions/.140116

Miu tiny.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Generalissimo confirmed for big ol' manchild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm callin bullshit on miu and harumi's ages