Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have no words for how viscerally uncomfortable this makes me

https://twitter.com/AdamCirc/status/1022112109977587712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Droz forgives him and is okay with this why would anyone else give a poo poo?

Its just kind of hosed up that the only thing they have in common for a dual signing is that one paralyzed the other. Like, that is the sum totality of why you would put D'Lo and Droz together in the same sentence and it is kind of messed up that they booked a signing based on that..

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

its not like D'Lo woke up that morning and decided he was gonna paralyze the dude famous for puking on command, jeez.

If anything, it'd make for a funny or illuminating podcast interview.

Sure it would, I cannot imagine anyone having a problem with an interview talking about the incident

Its just weird to book two guys to appear together for a signing when the only reason their names come up together is because one crippled the other. Like the implicit reason to put them together for this event, without openly acknowledging it, was the accident.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CarlCX posted:

I don't think Mr. Mudkiper is saying D'Lo or Droz are at fault or the uncomfortable factor in this situation, I think he's saying some event promoter going "what if we marketed an event about that time a dude paralyzed another dude for life" is gross. It's not on D'Lo and Droz for doing it, go get paid, it's that even by wrestling standards that's carny as gently caress.

Ok cool glad I wasn’t crazy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

no downsides in UFC deals. its a you get X per fight + incentives deal. That's why there was a huge amount of fuss when they cut the fighter sponsorship deals for the Reebok deal because it killed a lot of passive income lines for fighters.

the worst part of the reebok deal is that everyone's trunks look like rear end now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress up cancer and drop it on its head, Taue!

I am sorry Mr. Taue, I am afraid the cancer is too widespread, there is nothing we can...

*Kenta Kobashi's music plays*

• Locked thread