Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I leave the morality of this rabbi's operation to the respective value judgment of the reader. To me, it falls squarely under "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" but that's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MJP posted:

You think that's bad, google "metzitzah b'peh", and try not to vomit.

I know better than to Google random things people tell me are disgusting, but can I make a guess?

If it's not the outright child-rape, I'm going to guess it's... the mohels who put their mouth on baby penises after the circumcision and have occasionally given them STIs as a result? Because that's a thing that's happened as well :smith:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

PT6A posted:

I know better than to Google random things people tell me are disgusting, but can I make a guess?

If it's not the outright child-rape, I'm going to guess it's... the mohels who put their mouth on baby penises after the circumcision and have occasionally given them STIs as a result? Because that's a thing that's happened as well :smith:

That's exactly what it is. There's been some claims lately that the infants already had the herpes from their mothers, but it's still blowing the bleeding dilznick of an infant.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Somebody in C-SPAM led me to this thread, and I'm not sure if it's still active (or if, God forbid, the poster has been caught), but I have a question that I think warrants asking.

I once dated a woman for two months, and she had two close friends when we went out. One of them was, like her, a black woman who converted to Judaism. My ex converted in a Reform synagogue on the Lower East Side and only practiced kosher because she used to live in Borough Park and Midwood, and even then, she wasn't keeping kosher when we started going out. Her friend was a different story. She and her now ex-husband, who is also black, converted and married into a Hasidic community, not sure which one. She ended up getting a get and divorcing her husband.

She told me that in Hasidic communities in Brooklyn, there's a fair amount of black Jews and other Jews of color- enough of them, in fact, that yeshivas in these communities employ the brown paper bag test as a standard for accepting or rejecting prospective students. Is this true?

• Locked thread