Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So aside from Conte transferring out of Chelsea for a cool £10 million, there's this bit of fun

quote:

Alexis Sanchez has missed the start of Manchester United's United States tour as he has been unable to get a visa.
The Chilean striker, 29, accepted a 16-month suspended jail sentence in February for tax fraud in Spain.

Under US law, no person found guilty of fraud can be granted a visa to enter the country.

And per my brother, an early contender for goal of the year from the first round of preseason exhibition games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSJHgPIsMJs&t=616s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Season starts in 3 weeks lads. It's coming home

By "it's" I mean the foreign players that make the PL worth watching.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Leicester lost the only player worth watching (and I cannot wait til he drops bombs about how racist Big Jamie is in private), but I am still stuck with them. Getting ready to see my team dropped from the top flight after they sell Maguire in January!

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Suggest a team for me to support this season.

OP missing a flow chart.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tortilla Maker posted:

OP missing a flow chart.

Everton

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tortilla Maker posted:

OP missing a flow chart.

Fulham

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
You never go fulham

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tortilla Maker posted:

OP missing a flow chart.

Wolves.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Manchester City.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just throw a dart at the table and go with it

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

oliwan posted:

Manchester City.

Do this. Have fun watching your team win trophies and play good attacking football.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Tortilla Maker posted:

OP missing a flow chart.

Wigan.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tortilla Maker posted:

OP missing a flow chart.

Couldn't find one for the current season, lack the creativity to make my own

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
heres the flow chart

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

track day bro! posted:

heres the flow chart

:hmmyes:

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Just throw a dart at the table and go with it

Throw a dart at the table and then support Man City like you were going to do anyway.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
why would anyone support city

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

because they are from manchester and have always backed them through thick and thin and it’s in the blood

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

They have good players and they play attractive football.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

because they remember when city were an amateur team playing in the vanarama league north and they're just happy to be here

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Kurtofan posted:

Let me share some unique Manchester City soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the money, follow the money movement. Look for millions to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as wire transfers are completed for third party owned players from South America, not Europe. Watch the financial nous and decision making. Don't appreciate the transfer that was made, appreciate the funneling of money from Bermuda based holding companies, because those are the ones that are less likely to be detected.

Watch the instant trickle of profits across the balance sheets. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain a seemingly viable business entity without making foolish transactions that violate the foreign corrupt practices act. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both financially and under generally accepted accounting practices look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Manchester City matches are boring and hate them.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Kurtofan posted:

I know a guy who bizarrely stopped being a City plastic when they started winning things. He now says that Southampton "was always his local team" and denies being a City fan.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

Let me share some unique Manchester City soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the money, follow the money movement. Look for millions to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as wire transfers are completed for third party owned players from South America, not Europe. Watch the financial nous and decision making. Don't appreciate the transfer that was made, appreciate the funneling of money from Bermuda based holding companies, because those are the ones that are less likely to be detected.

Watch the instant trickle of profits across the balance sheets. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain a seemingly viable business entity without making foolish transactions that violate the foreign corrupt practices act. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both financially and under generally accepted accounting practices look so easy that it becomes boring.

lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Big Timmy Cahill has announced his retirement.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/18/tim-cahill-retires-as-the-greatest-of-all-the-socceroos

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
https://twitter.com/footballvines/status/1019177245221507073?s=21

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

:kiss:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
https://twitter.com/registability/status/1018961165089759232

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Financial irregularities? Foreign corrupt practices? Holdez mon bière...

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

registability is the funniest account on twitter

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

This is dumb. City should be favourite to win by at least 7 points.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

CyberPingu posted:

have you ever seen boomandbust.jpeg

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

CyberPingu posted:

I'm not sure if that account is a parody or if whoever runs it is just deluded. I mean, this is his pinned tweet:
https://twitter.com/registability/status/999260941018595328

It's hard to tell because if it is a parody, it's not funny at all. No doubt people will post that tweet above to show how "deluded" we all were over a couple of signings, though.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Registability is brilliant. One of the best follows on Twitter.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

peanut- posted:

Registability is brilliant. One of the best follows on Twitter.

This is true, but much like the above poster I genuinely can't tell if it's a parody or not. He's gone off on tangents about PUA techniques and all sorts of poo poo before, it's like if forums poster African AIDS Cum was obsessed with advanced stats

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AyozePG/status/1019343510942691328

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Mickolution posted:

I'm not sure if that account is a parody or if whoever runs it is just deluded. I mean, this is his pinned tweet:
https://twitter.com/registability/status/999260941018595328

It's hard to tell because if it is a parody, it's not funny at all. No doubt people will post that tweet above to show how "deluded" we all were over a couple of signings, though.

Like all good trolls, it's a mix of serious opinions and wind-ups

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ox is likely to miss the entire 2018-2019 season.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Totally forgot that Chelsea aren't in the CL this year... Lol

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BUG JUG posted:

Leicester lost the only player worth watching (and I cannot wait til he drops bombs about how racist Big Jamie is in private), but I am still stuck with them. Getting ready to see my team dropped from the top flight after they sell Maguire in January!

The owners seem to have learned their lesson from letting Kante go so easily. Can’t see them selling Maguire this early into his contract unless it’s for an eye-watering sum. Maybe just wishful thinking from myself though.

Excited to see how Puel will line up the team after Mahrez’s departure and no obvious replacement for his style.

Also, at 31 could this be Vardy’s last season of first team football? His main strength is his pace and that will start to go soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

EvilHawk posted:

Ox is likely to miss the entire 2018-2019 season.

:negative:

• Locked thread