Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

jivjov posted:

The biggest plus for me is that they're putting this forward as having a narrative, rather than just being a feature length comedy sketch special with ghostbusters themed props.

Yeah, it's like some kinda scripted movie tale instead of an SNL sketch with a $200m budget. Goddamn it, I'm excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Looks like my wish that they dive right into Gozer stuff instead of using it as sequel bait may come true.

We are hitting the 100th anniversary of Shandor's Gozarian Cult

I saw an interview with Jason Reitman and he said he was making the movie for his dad and then his dad cried, and then I cried, and then Maggie laughed.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Egon definitely could've settled down with a Janine-type woman who is very assertive, the type that sees something they want and goes after it. Because we know he wouldn't be the one to initiate any relationship, but I've know several guys who are like that who stumble into marriages because the right woman came a long and made it happen.

Egon knocked up a grad student because he's a silent horndog.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

My one thought is that Egon must have already had his daughter by the time of GB2 to make the 30 years thing work.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

That's the point though, he's not specifically qualified for the job in any way, and nobody even wants the job because it's a joke, nobody thinks ghosts are real. He's an everyman who stumbles into this huge apocalyptic scenario, that's his character.

He's also a character who was meant to appear on page 10 of the script, but then had his intro pushed back to page 60.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Winston was smart enough not to hire Louis.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The new toys are out: https://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/3606089/hasbro-previews-summers-new-classic-ghostbusters-ghostbusters-afterlife-toys/

I don't think there are any spoilers in there, aside from the ghost from the Afterlife trailer as a squishy toy. Everything else is a reimagining of the classic stuff, like a new, blue proton pack.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

•?((¯°·._.• 𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓁𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝓊𝓏𝓏𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝒻𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒾𝓂 •._.·°¯((?•

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Why did they change the proton sounds? Utterly bizarre

those were the original proton pack noises, we're all just familiar with the 90s Special Edition CGI Ghostbuster remakes. Remember, Tully shot first.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I knew the world was going to end before we got GB3. I knew it.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I'm not saying i'd sucka dirty dick to see the movie, but i'm not not saying it.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I swear there's a lot in GB16 somewhere in there. Something about the bicentienial in New York and the lay lines and Patty's whole background of knowing city history. I swear, there was a plot in there and they forgot it.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Improv truly is the greatest crime of our modern world.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

ghostbusters is about making money off filtering dan aykrod fever dreams into a script

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Inkspot posted:

Ghostbusters '16 isn't unwatchable, but I don't hate the idea of forcing Paul Feig to direct a shot-for-shot remake of Nothing But Trouble intended for permanent shelving as penance.

I think the movie was made to be a sunday afternoon cable tv movie. its colorful, you don't really need ot pay attention to it, but whenever you do, something is happening. Low impact viewing.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The kind of movie that has increasingly few reasons to exist?

2016 was a different time... it was 20 years ago.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The premiere ghost app service, we're going to revolutionize the paranormal industry for a nominal fee.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure if it was a riff on the 2016 movie (which they later had a crossover with) but a con artist steals specs for the proton packs and went into business with a photogenic all-female staff as Ghostsmashers, which turned out to be as bad an idea as that sounds. He actually ends up joining the Ghostbusters as a reserve member on work-release, since in a pinch he's at least someone familiar with the tech and not too freaked out by the supernatural.

That's Ron. He was based on Chevy Chase and I didn't realize that for 7 years.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's not uncommon for comic book characters to be visually styled after celebrities, sometimes like they're being 'played' by them (Ultimate Nick Fury is a bit of a special case) and in this case it's going with the theme of picking up after the original movies - IE, still in the 80s.

They also needed a scumbag to be scummier than Venkman, and that's Ron. Nobody likes Chevy IRL.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I think the IDW comics work like this: Ghostbusters, All-New Ghostbusters, etc. Every subsequent arc has a different title, like Mass Hysteria, Crossing Over, Big Kisses Little Slimer, GB x TMNT, etc etc.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

So I was looking at getting The Real Ghostbusters on DVD for my son when he's old enough to watch them (My son seemed to like the two bonus episodes which were included on a Ghostbusters 2 DVD), but I see there's a mess of different collections. I saw there was an $80 complete collection of every episode, which can't be found anymore, but there's also this collection which gets 111 episodes. Only $45 though, is it worth it given that it's missing about less than 1/3rd of the show? I want to make sure the best episodes are included in the collection.

I have no idea what the episode's list is there, but it the show is missing the Slimer and the RGB, I think it's still worth getting. I managed to score this bad boy last decade and I'm glad I did.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I've already got a proton pack mounted on the wall, a dvd box set ain't nothing.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Timby posted:

There is an offer on the table but I'll shamelessly admit that it will go to the highest bidder. tbrechlin / gmail

Edit: Proof that I have it in hand:

Whoa dude I didn't know there was a 9/11 movie out, looks thicc

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I think we all acted on prejudice and maybe we need to bust the prejudice???

(There's an album here.)

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aaaaaaand they're all white. They based their anti-prejudice stage show on the often-shown "Where's Winston?" line of advertisements for GB1.

Brilliant.

Winston was in the ecto-1, driving around the block, looking for parking.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I enjoy Winston in the IDW comic. He's a Veteran, he's got a love life, and he's got an arc or two.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Winston and Ray ran a successful children's entertainment business.

e: just winstonposting

text me a vag pic fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 11, 2020

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Shitposting that'll turn you white

not an emptyquote.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

8one6 posted:

Firemen but for ghosts makes a decent amount of sense.

It only took two direct attacks on the city by supernatural gods for them to officially acknowledge that the supernatural exists.

There's a city wide insurance policy. What I would like to see more of is the Ghostbusters refusing to bust a ghost if the hours are not billable.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

There's a secret GB2 cut with 55 minutes of lost Winston scenes, including but not limited to: Winston saving that other lawyer lady, Winston regrowing his mustache, Winston obsessively researching trains, Winston does laundry, Winston shaving his mustache, AND MORE?

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I rewatched Answer the Call today and didn't hate it. I mean, I never hated it, but I tried really hard to separate it from the originals, which helped.

I still like the Mike Hat bit.

it is totally a movie to be played on airplanes

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I'm getting a 4k player soon and I can finally watch the movie in 4k, just like Dan Aykroyd intended.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

You’re going to be disappointed, it’s incredibly grainy.

I'm going to be disappointed because they "fixed" the post color processing. But that is OK, I have the original 2000s-ish DVD release too.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The Cameo posted:

Maybe other people should have copied Ivo Shandor’s construction choices, seems pretty sturdy, a gate to the beyond blows up and it only takes, like, the top four floors off.

dude, do you have any idea how much that building cost? Did you even think of the materials? WHAT ABOUT THE LABOR

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Aw dang that's cool. I wish I could find the pics of my pop's foam Slimer costume from the early 90s.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

jivjov posted:

my venue for Ghostbusters this evening

Careful, last time I was in a vacant parking lot, Dan Aykroyd wandered into backseat of my car and wouldn't leave until he told me the total, unfiltered lore of the blue tubes on the Ecto-1.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I got to see Ghostbusters in a theater when they screened it on Halloween last year. That was a nice night. I miss the Before Times.

I saw it on the big screen back in 2014, when a local theater did the same thing. That was the first time I ever got to see the movie on a big screen and it was great.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Yeah, same. I was visiting friends in Vermont and it was playing there (but wasn't in Canada, at least not around the same time), so we went.

I quite literally don't remember much of the experience, since I've seen the movie, no joke, probably over 200 times at this point. I know I was still engrossed in it, so there was really nothing new or different about the experience, other than "BIG!".

This isn't a complaint.

I noticed all the little flaws in the special effects that I couldn't see on my old DVD copy. But I find that charming. The theater sound system was worth the admission. I wanna feel the bass in my containment unit when the 'Busters turn those packs on.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

COOL HEADS UNDER FIRE
NEVER MESS WITH THE GHOSTBUSTERS!

https://twitter.com/Todd_Spence/status/1303176891222827009?s

"And it's PG! I'm loving tellin' ya it's PG!" Good poo poo, I've never heard that song before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f99ZEV96wU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Everyone posted:

Not exactly Ghostbusters news, but I didn't know where to put this. Apparently some rear end in a top hat punched Rick Moranis in the head while he was walking down the street in NYC.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/10/02/rick-moranis-random-attack-on-upper-west-side/

We finally got him back! Don't scare him back into Canada!!