Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWdn0HbDmmQ

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I don't know, dogs are pretty goofy

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A. You could make an argument they bought another one and the original was mothballed.

I could absolutely see Ray buying another one and giving it fancier gadgets.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Looks like they're chasing Slimer through town in the Ecto-1.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bacon Terrorist posted:

As the online GB community seems to be making much of the fact it is the Ecto 1 we see amd not the Ecto 1A I'm hoping that the kids driving the Ecto 1 goes viral online and Ray sees it, prompting the original cast to roll up in a pristine Ecto 1A Ray has been polishing every day since GB2.

That’d be funny

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZ5FnohyyI

RIP

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Timby posted:

They have literally one scene together, and everyone was so worried about the two of them coming to blows during the filming of that scene that Ramis made sure both of them were legitimately high as gently caress on weed prior to calling action.

I wish I could see footage of Ramis coaching Murray and/or Chase into smoking more weed.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Just imagine. A cast of a Black guy, a Latino guy, a guy in a wheelchair and a GIRL with only one original cast member who doesn't even come out to hunt ghosts much. A certain type of people would come unglued today.

That said I thought EGB was pretty good overall. It's got an episode where an R.L. Stine-alike writes the Cenobites into existence for heaven's sake. My only two issues with the show were the animation quality wasn't great and they never seemed scared of the ghosts very much which kind of took the wind out of the episodes' plots sometimes. Still worth checking out.

I enjoyed how round they made Ray when they did the episode with the original ghostbusters.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"I'd like to run some gynecological tests on the mother."

"Who wouldn't?"

:lol:

Weird that Egon doesn't say "Dana".

Egon is a big ol' weirdo

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Oscar's in his thirties now, if the old characters only have a few minutes of screen time, no need to mention him. He's off, doing whatever it is Oscar Barrett would be doing, instead of Ghostbusters stuff.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

deoju posted:

Pro tip: Never fart in a jumpsuit.

Best post in the thread

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

As the basis for a sequel I’d use that RGB episode where NYC imports a castle from Ireland or Scotland, and all the ghosts come with it.

that'd be a fun offbeat idea for a Ghostbusters sequel, so it'll never happen.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Early report from an owner of the Blu ray boxset. Disappointing.

Great. :negative:

Edit: this person described what WAS included:

Ain't gonna buy another box set til it has every movie and all the cartoons.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Disco Pope posted:

the soy face, Funko Pop crowd.

the what now??

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I just hope the cartoon looks cool as poo poo. Anything else will be a bonus to me.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Urkel’s the kid’s ghost

my god, it's all coming together

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Afterlife was bad, and I think doing the CGI Harold Ramis Golem is just unspeakably horrific, just like every other time they've brought a dead actor back to life for a movie.

That said, Egon's granddaughter was a lot of fun, and hopefully a sequel won't be so hard up for NOSTALGIA points.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Slimer should still be driving a bus

yeah, i'd be alright with that gag.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

The new EPA villain goes to shut off the containment unit and Ghost Pecks arm appears and holds his hand as he pulls the lever down a tear gently rolling down his cheek as their eyes meet.

hahahaha

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

GB2 is worth it entirely for the Rick Moranis Lawyer scene

Moranis and MacNicol are the MVPs. They should have made a movie just about the two of them being weird. Not even as Louis and Janosz, just the two of them playing off each other with whatever weirdo character ideas they have.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

No one in this thread needs the audio provided for them. :iia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

is there a good collection of Real Ghostbusters comics out there? I have a handful and would love to read the rest.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Splint Chesthair posted:

It's hilarious that Murray was allegedly the sticking point in getting Ghostbusters 3 made for decades and now he's just...there.

Now he knows he's only gotta show up for a day and a half at most. In '94, they would've wanted him there for at least a couple weeks.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

'The Man Who Never Reached Home'. I think Ray ends up on the carriage in his place?

Yeah, that's a good 'un.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Who Ya Gonna Call?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Ghostbusters 2 absolutely feels like a movie that had a chaotic, probably terrible production, and nobody but Dan and Ernie wanted to come back.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Ray Parker Junior's literally singing "hey single ladies, if you're so unhappy in bed that you're imagining sex with a freaky ghosts, you can call me and I'll show up at your apartment and improve your mood. I'm confident that I can outperform your ghost fantasy because I love cumming so much."

And this is not even subtext. As with many movie-related songs of the 1980s, the theme is basically summarizing the plot of the film, where Venkman tries to convince Dana to sleep with him instead of putting Vinz Clortho's key in her gate.

"If you're seeing things running through your head, who you gonna call?"
"Ooh, I hear it likes the girls."
"Don't get caught alone, oh no, when it comes through your door... unless you just want some more."

Why is Ray Parker Junior insinuating that the prospective customer might want to get caught alone with a girl-loving ghost (that also only exists in her mind)? Because, in the movie, Dana is overtaken by a supernatural urge to gently caress Lou Tully.

please, please, his name is Louis.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Waiting for Dan Aykroyd to release a Crystal Head Vodka/Ecto-Cooler mixed drink

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

deoju posted:

It was great for their brand recognition. You can't buy that kind of publicity!

- Peter Venkman, Stay-Puft marketing executive, January 1985

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

My late granddad believed that the Twin Towers didn't actually exist by the time he died. So people pretending Stay Puft never happened would happen in a second.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

been watching the cartoon again, and I really love "Cry Uncle" where Egon's stuffy uncle guilts him into giving up Ghostbusting. That's a fun episode. Egon's uncle straight-up thinks he's full of poo poo and gets shown that ghosts are real.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I'll probably watch it once, then go back to just watching the original and the cartoons occasionally.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

My oldest niece is a huge anime fan; I got my mom to show her "Ragnarok and Roll" recently, and now they're blaring through the Lorenzo Music era of RGB. They're having a blast.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

"Ghost" "Busters"

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

"Y'all heard of slime that responds to moods? poo poo's weird"

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It might seem crass now, but it’s gonna be epic when the other three actors die.

This made me laugh pretty hard.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Splint Chesthair posted:

I just saw a headline for a review say the movie is "full of heart" which is not something I've ever wanted in a Ghostbusters anything. Have people gaslighted themselves into thinking the original movie was an Amblin production?

When people get older, they start feeling emotions about odd things from their childhood. Doesn't make sense, but it's the only explanation that works for me. I loving love the OG movie and the cartoons, but god drat, imagine feeling emotional when you see Slimer onscreen again. It's weird.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bring Matt Berry in as Oscar, accent, age-weirdness, and all. Just ignore everything that doesn't make sense, and have him call Bill Murray "Father" repeatedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I would like a Ghostbusters movie that is entertaining on its own, like the film Ghostbusters (1984).