Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Any of you guys have local Ghostbuster groups like we do in the Detroit area? I was thinking about joining because they do some good charity work, but a decent suit and proton pack would probably get pretty expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The online was fun. You’d get different outfits depending on your rank. I remember playing it with goons, and will gladly do so again. Bustin’ makes me feel good!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Yeah, the Spirit packs are perfectly good for Halloween party’s. The lights and sounds are good enough.

I might be looking to upgrade if I quit being lazy and finally join up with the Detroit Ghostbusters.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I had the toy proton pack as a kid so part of me always thinks proton packs should be dark blue.

Met a guy that paid $75 to get one for his kid this year. That one really won the day. Would have loved to have met people with real Ghostbusters suits and the car when I was his age.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered came out on Friday. Multiplayer isn’t available yet, but it’s still a great game.

And the original movie will be at theaters tomorrow and next Thursday as part of Fathom Events.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

They showed that, and a couple other alternate takes, before the showings at the theater. Always great to see on the big screen.

That shot of Ray laughing after Peter gives Egon the Crunch bar always gets me.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

For the longest time I thought Oscar was the result of the keymaster and the gatekeeper unlocking the gate, but apparently that's not the case.

I feel like it would make more sense, since if he was the result of a supernatural conception, he might be more attractive to Vigo somehow.

I thought the same thing growing up.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Anyone get the plasma series neutrona wand? I am absolutely in love with it. Has all the bells and whistles. Even the different modes from the video game, and a overheat sequence if you hold the stream down too long.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Taking my first step to becoming a Ghostbuster tomorrow. There will be a haunted hayride pulled behind a Ectomobile with terror dogs, Stay Puft, Slimer, and Vigo.

There will also be goat yoga at some point.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Detroit Ghostbusters/All Elite Wrestling crossover only I wanted. And I made it happen over the weekend.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The recent Hasbro wand is so good. I’d just replace the handle.

Also, having a remote controlled trap on wheels is a great piece of kit for public appearances. People love it. Don’t know if Mini Pufts or Muncher will catch on, but that trap is a solid win so far.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It’s my favorite of the wands. You may find it at GameStop for 20-25% sometimes.

September is kind of the calm before the storm for the Detroit Ghostbusters. No big events until October.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That’s a hell of a trap. Would love something like that as part of my kit.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Magnets are great! Haven’t had any problems of the wand disconnecting, and it makes over the shoulder holstering not an absolute pain.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I got your back. I’ll gladly beat the poo poo out of your pack for you.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

gregday posted:

So I picked up this fun little book. It’s half in-universe and the author basically scraped both movies and the RGB cartoon and toys for just about any ghost they could to fill out the pages.

One of the very first pages lists:

oh my god.

I got the green cover from a book exchange. Even has Fearsome Flush in there.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

text me a vag pic posted:

I just made a new pack nooooo

Would've been nice to have before the movie, but definitely getting this to go with my Spengler wand, and my suit I just finished this week. Strangely, the elbow pads were the hardest part to get.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Glad to see it’s a Haslab production since we won’t have to worry about it selling out as long as we get our orders in on time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Had a grin from ear to ear watching this match, and loving yelled in the middle of the bar when StayPuft unmasked. So great.

Today I was on the Channel 7 news in South East Michigan with the Detroit Ghostbusters at this guys Halloween display. Guy built a replica firehouse, Dana's apartment, and a StayPuft head and arm coming out of his roof.Really impressive. I'll have to share some pictures later.

On Halloween we're going to be handing out candy and stuff with the mayor of Detroit. So, that should be something.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Your brain may have also been poisoned by the NES game with the ZUUL building.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Spent the day handing out candy with the Detroit Ghostbusters at a few different community centers in the city. Now I’m at the bar with my proton pack in the seat next to me. Bustin’ makes me feel good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Got permission from the mayor to pull up in front of Spirit of Detroit. Spent the rest of the day at various community centers around the city handing out candy.

Riding in the cars is cool. Wearing the gear and the packs is cool. Seeing the smiles on those kids faces is the coolest.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Some of the Detroit Ghostbusters are in New York for the Afterlife premiere, and they just met the three remaining original Ghostbusters at the fire house.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Seeing it tomorrow with the crew in uniform.

Also, HI-C is having a Twitter contest to give away EctoCooler because they’re too cowardly to have a retail release.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Movie was great. Emagine gave the Detroit Ghostbusters their own row, and gave us free popcorn and pop. We handed out pins before the show, and posters afterwards. Going to do it all again tomorrow in a different city.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

deoju posted:

Could you post a picture of the pin and poster? I'd love to see them.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

deoju posted:

Thanks. Those are neat souvenirs.

Thank you! The Detroit ones we hand out at all the conventions and charity events we attend. It’s a nice little bit of promotion.

We’re the main branch of the Grwat Lakes Ghostbusters coalition. Some of the Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo members were there last night.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Member of my group made the polaroid ecto goggles, and they work pretty good beside making the picture circular because you’re shooting through the eye piece.

People also loved the remote controlled ghost trap that we were driving through the theater lobby.

And everybody loves free pins and posters.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gaz2k21 posted:

Was that the big popping eyeball ghost toy from the ghostbusters toy line I saw or was it just similar I didn’t really dig this film, there was some good stuff and once the original guys showed up it was fun I just wanted more ghost shenanigans.

It definitely was.

Best part of the movie is that kids seem to be enjoying it, and that they’re happy to get pictures with the Ghostbusters in the theater lobby. Investing in a Ghostbusters uniform has been one of my better choices.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

If it helps you feel better about your purchase, you can always see if your area has a local Ghostbusters chapter that you can do charity events with. I'll definitely be getting a lot of use out of that thing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

PlayStations have always been my home CD/DVD/Blu Ray players.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Afterlife got Hasbro to make the full scale neutrona wand and proton pack, so I can't hate it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Is that book any good? It’s $15 on Amazon but apparently it’s under 100 pages? There’s an “unofficial” one on Amazon that’s pushing 300 pages too, for $20.

It has the Fearsome Flush in it.

The art is good, and it has some fun in universe descriptions for the ghosts. Fifteen bucks is a fair price.

I got the one with the green variant cover from a book exchange.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My bartender friend has his signature Ecto shots. He initially used actual Ecto Cooper when it was available, but later was able to make a good facsimile.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

HJE-Cobra posted:

Wow that does look pretty nice. Maybe I should get one....

The Spengler wand was totally worth the $125, and I’m double dipping for this one. It’s fun to fiddle with, but the best thing is showing someone else how to use it. The way their eyes light up when it starts humming is great.

Had AEW wrestlers Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti come to our booth at a con, and got to show them how the wands work. Sammy was giddy, and I don’t think Tay ever saw Ghostbusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Isn't it? :haw:

When something works exactly how it does in a movie, their inner child comes out, and it's so wonderful to see. :3:

My pack had a wire come loose at an event that I still need to fix, so I wish it worked a little better for the price tag.

I did get my ‘84 wand today though. Was not expecting to get it so quick. Just a little paint for the orange tip, and it’ll be ready to replace my Spengler one.