Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So if Akroyd (Goddamn for reals?) didn't want to make Ghostbusters 2 of all people, where did he get the boner for 3? Trying to revisit popularity? Why did they all hate something so beloved?

I think it would have been better served if instead of a comedy, maybe we should have gotten a re-imagining of a serious horror movie the way Akroyd wanted it originally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Chris Hemsworrh seems like legit good people and has it all. I hope it really is.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Because a trap allows them to live and contain them and send them to jail vs kill them.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
JMS was the lead writer for The Real Ghostbusters. It might had to do with the show having a little more to it than just being a standard kids show at times.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pnTm-KK9k

I feel this should be posted again.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

This is it? No official drop yet though??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN38Uw5K3us

I mean, it seems okay. Having it be a kids adventure instead sounds fine to me.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Maybe this won’t be a comedy that’s similar to the original. Maybe it’s its own thing. Just a good young adult adventure or whatever. I’m good with that. Do something different than expect Ghostbusters 1 again, let’s see what this does over the coming months

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Merkinman posted:

Sequel does its own thing:
Ugh this isn't [franchise] at all! This sucks!

Sequel is not its own thing:
Ugh why even make it, if it's just rehashing the original? This sucks!

Basically. It may suck but like with Star Wars or anything with a fanatical fan base if it doesn’t live up to the feeling or perception in the fan’s head of what “it” should be, it’s going to get raged against and minds made up about how it sucks cause...*gestures wildly*

The instant trigger of gratification and tingly feelings of reassurance weren’t there.

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Damned anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I feel like Ghostbusters could have a crossover with Hellraiser and it could be made to fit

Venkman playing off a serious Pinhead declaring all kinds of scary poo poo