Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I thought it was ok but I'm glad they cut the dance sequence and put it in the end credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
gently caress this minion-rear end poo poo, I'm so tired of sequels needing to retread the things you remember from the originals

There's nothing inherently loving supernatural about the marshmallows

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Gozer is forever tied to Stay Puft Marshmallows in our dimension due to the choice Ray made on the roof of Dana's apartment.

It's natural that released spirit energy harnessed by Gozer worshipers would seek out a vessel in the image of their master.

Also relax, partner.

I'm so mad, I just might say the f word again, so watch it, buster

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Guy A. Person posted:

wtf does the tiny marshmallow man bite him with??? HE AINT GOT NO TEETH!

Spoken like somebody who's never dealt with a baby or a turtle

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

banned from Starbucks posted:

Jesus someone watched TransFormers 2 where the kitchen appliances turn into decepticons and said "yeah this is what goobusters needs"

Somebody watched Ghostbusters 2 where the lady's mink stole came to life and attacked her and said "yeah this is what Transformers needs"

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Alan_Shore posted:

Don't be worried about that clip. It was taken from the movie and edited by a third party for advertising purposes. Can't wait for this movie!

Ah word, that makes me feel better because my concerns with the clip stemmed from its editing

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
oh boy, it's Gozer and the terror dogs

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

I'm really intrigued by the Gozer temple stuff. Considering Gozer could take any form, the big statue being the woman with the flat top makes me feel like it's not as old as it looks.

I'm betting on the filmmakers not remembering or considering that fact

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

The Gozerian/Shandorian thing makes sense in universe. The only provable god with evidence is Gozer.

Which only further confounds the notion that the Ghostbusters have been largely forgotten.

"Oh, you mean 15 years before I was born, gods were proven to be real? Get a life, grandpa! we want to do tiktok dances"

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

For a more recent example, ask a 20 year old American what they think about 9/11. It’s not a stretch to think that people forgot or don’t care that some New Yorkers fought a god a couple decades ago.

I get not caring, I guess, but would a teacher mention 9/11 to a class full of teens and have them all go "what? that's crazy, i've never heard of that"

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

jiffynuts posted:

Oh man, no William Atherton (Walter Peck)? Shame. :(

Why would William Atherton (Walter Peck) be included in a list of current up-and-coming comedy stars

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Guy A. Person posted:

So maybe this got discussed but is the idea that Egon had a secret off-screen family during GB2 or are Carrie Coon and the kids playing slightly younger or are they just playing with the timeline a bit?

In some ways it almost seems like this movie discards GB2 from the canon. I remember in the first trailer when Paul Rudd was like "wait, you guys never heard of the Ghostbusters?" and he pulls up a YouTube video of them approaching the apartment building at the end of GB1. It seems absolutely ludicrous that nobody would remember them after the Statue of Liberty started walking around town and the Titanic pulled into port.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
The push and pull of this thread is remarkable.

Lots of "I liked Afterlife!" and generally accepting its retreading of Gozer/GB1 poo poo.
Reitman teases Vigo, dozens of anguished "nooo we want something new" posts.
Somebody mentions GB 2016, tons of "why did their equipment not do the same thing as the original Ghostbusters?" and "this character was a terrible Egon"

It's fun! Tide goes in, tide goes out- you can't explain that!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

Everyone knows who the girl is why is that a spoiler.

Look man, not everybody is up to speed on the marketing for GhostBusters: Afterlife, which, it's revealed late in the third act, is actually a sequel to Ghostbusters

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
truley this place is soemthing awful

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Payndz posted:

TV rather than film, but the day before season 4 of Star Trek: Discovery was due to premiere on Netflix, the entire series got pulled because Paramount decided it needed exclusive content for its own streaming service. Even though Netflix had paid for the first season to be made!

What? Netflix didn't bankroll the series. It only ever had international streaming rights to it. In the US, it's always been on CBS All Access, which I've only just now realized morphed into Paramount+

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
i will accept a new manhattan ghostbusters if they hire Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Yeah but I also saw Afterlife and have the same question