Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It's 'genovese syndrome.' Also called the bystander effect. One of humanity's shittier traits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm not sure, but Egon might be out of frame in the 4:3 VHS/TV version.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Jason Reitman said, “This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”

I don't know how you wouldn't consider Ghostbusters 3.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
There's no such thing as bad pr. The mascot rampaging through mid town Manhattan was great for brand recognition.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The text on the marshmallow bag is pretty small. And the mural is pretty faded. Watching a VHS copy on an 18" CRT it'd be easy to miss.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
My best to the Covenant.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

Coven. As in witches.

:ghost::respek::witch:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
My mom refused to buy Fearsome Flush because she thought it would promote toilet humor.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I like legos. I made a thing.

Lots more pics here.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:toot:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Spirit Halloween sent me a 20% off coupon. One of you goons can use it on a proton pack or whatever...

SPH1929

deoju fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 8, 2019

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/haytU-1_iZA

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
After 4 years of working on it, and 30+ years of wanting one, I've just about completed my baby.

And the rest of the kit...

Super happy with it. Just waiting for my phone to ring. ;)

I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague, so if you have any comments, questions or anything please quote me. Otherwise I'll skim the thread for a bit and miss your post. :)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Dawgstar posted:

Wow! That's amazing work.
Thanks!

Tom Guycot posted:

Thats fantastic! The weathering looks great, and it looks like you used real clippards which always adds some class. I didn't see them in the photo, are the belt gizmo and walkie talkie still some of the parts you're working on or was it just not in the image?

My brother has been in that same boat, all his life wanting one, and then deciding last year to buy a 3d printer and start building one. He's not the kind of person that has toys on his shelves or anything, just a mild mannered teacher, but theres just something about the proton pack...

I've been helping him for the last year and a half so I know way more about the details than I should at this point (enough to be able to tell at a glance you made a GB2 pack :v:), but it never gets old seeing someones project. I don't know what it is

I'm curious what you did for the lights (and sound i assume?), as theres a lot of kits around, and my brother's while aesthetically finished still doesn't have any lighting.
I bought a kit from Anovos. I guess they lost the license, because their site says it is discontinued. I didn't have the best customer service experience with them, quite a few pieces broke, and I made a lot of mods, so maybe it's just as well.

For the weathering I followed a lot techniques I learned from watching Adam Savage's One Day Builds on YouTube, and another channel, Punished Props.

Those clippards aren't actually real, but they do look pretty close. This actually worked in my favor. I modified the one on the wand to work as the volume knob, and also house the rumble motor.

I'm not sure about getting the walkie talkie or belt gizmo. My belt is overloaded with stuff as it is. Maybe I'll try to put on some weight to increase my circumference...

I got the lights/sounds/rumble kit from a site called Rabid Prototypes. It was pricey but worked right out of the box. I'm pleased with the functionality, but getting the delicate circuit boards mounted so that the lights were oriented the right way was difficult. I had to make my own housings for each of them.

Violator posted:

Astonishing. Absolutely beautiful and you should be super proud of it. Great job.
:shobon: Thanks.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

text me a vag pic posted:

So, you've inspired me to buy another Spirit/Rubie pack so I could play around with it.
:D
I dig this youtube channel on making props and other stuff. They did one video on modifying that pack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnYYqBu-Wkg
And another on the technique I used go get the scratched, worn look on the edges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9QhOABTGoM&t=14s
If you decide to go that route I found silver paint was too bright, and gun metal looked better.

There some upgrade kits out there for those packs too, like this improved sticker sheet.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/716174...=sr_gallery-2-2

deoju fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 1, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
A belt gizmo would be fun to make, but my problem is that I'm pretty skinny and I can't fit a lot of stuff on my belt and wear the pack at the same time. There are two leather things on my belt. The higher one is a holster for the pke meter that I made. The other one is a mount for the trap. You can see one on Peter's belt in the scene where Winston gets hired.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
i'm so mad rn

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

Everybody wearing one of these is more chill and having more fun than the guys with $1000+ screen-accurate, home-altered proton packs.

I don't have either one so I'm having no fun :(

Ouch.

I'm not really upset. I was joking about how the pack was upside down, not really gatekeeping on quality. I'm glad the franchise is enjoying a resurgence.

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 19, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Tom Guycot posted:

how cheap was this costume?
$35
The fabric looked pretty crummy. It's the kind that is nylon that gets ripped pretty easily, and wouldn't last very long. And that's fine for costume. They had some accessories that looked pretty good for the price. The goggles in particular.
https://www.target.com/p/adult-ghos...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edit: OMG ITS UPSIDE DOWN IN SOME OF THE PHOTOS ON THE WEBSITE TOO.

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 19, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Incoming effort post. I like Ghostbusters a lot. It's my favorite movie. I like legos too. I made all these over the past few years and figure now is the best time to share them.

https://imgur.com/a/IEff8cw

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

PneumonicBook posted:

All of these are amazing but my favorite was Fearsome Flush, my Dad bought it for me and it was awesome, I'm sorry you were unable to experience the hilarity of putting your Real Ghostbuster on it and then have the toilet eat them :(
Hey, thanks. :shobon: My friend did have a Fearsome Flush when we were kids, so I did get to play it a little bit. pee pee doo doo it is a good toy.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Some of the Detroit Ghostbusters are in New York for the Afterlife premiere, and they just met the three remaining original Ghostbusters at the fire house.

Soooo jealous.

Icon-Cat posted:

Regarding the excellent Legos and the line "Ray is missing his ears."—let us not forget that Venkman pulls one of his ears in GB1 and both of them, more aggressively, in GB2, so you're simply illustrating the logical conclusion of it all.
ha ha, I forgot about that. C'mere, Francine.

AndyElusive posted:

This actually somehow made me less interested in seeing the movie since it kind of spoils A BUNCH of poo poo.

Which I would imagine is for the sake of calming down and pleasing chuds.
Final trailers are always spoilery as gently caress. I don't watch them as a rule for movies I am pumped to see. If you have to watch, mute them first.

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 15, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pro tip: Never fart in a jumpsuit.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Sitting down in the theater right now. :f5h::circlefap:

Just walked right in wearing my proton pack BTW.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I, along with others, would very much appreciate spoiler-free reviews when you can.

It's a success imo.

A little girl came up to me after the movie to say hi because she thought I was a Ghostbuster. :kimchi:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Could you post a picture of the pin and poster? I'd love to see them.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Thanks. Those are neat souvenirs.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I liked the appearance of JK Simmons. "Holy poo poo, he's in this?" Combined with a the character devoting his life to Gozer but getting tossed aside was funny to me. I thought there was gonna be some monologing and hamming it up. Nope. Blam. loving dead. Jokes on me. Maybe there was supposed to be more, but I loled based on that.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was definitely used to the pan and scan version from my vhs copy. One of my earliest memories was sitting in a shopping cart at Shopko and reaching out and grabbing it because I liked the logo and my mom actually bought it for me.

WonkyBob posted:

"Somehow, Vigo returned"

Ghostbusters : The Sorrow of Moldavia

I'm kinda tired of reboots, sequels, etc. going back to the same villains. I'm hoping for a new big bad.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I think Samhain and the concept of Endless Halloween would be a cool film idea. Rather than rehash the films again dig into the better RGB stuff.

The Grundle scared the hell out of me as a kid.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
From Reddit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsxhmXEmRZY

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

Ernie Hudson would own but when doesn't he?

Now that you mention it... Winston canonically making a poo poo ton of money might put him in a position to finance a revitalization of the Ghostbusters. I already think he would be the best choice to shepherd the new generation. Hudson isn't gonna command the price tag Aykroyd and Murray would. He'd make the best mentor of the three, imo.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Weird thing I noticed in the theater. Ray's tattoo correctly says Revelations 6:12 for the end of the world passage. But in the conversation he and Winston have in the original film he misremembers the passage as Revelations 7:12.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Why isn't this perfect game being made?!

Don't stop. I'm almost there. :gizz:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I wanna see a fresh baddie.

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, come up with something new, please. Or at least do a good Real Ghostbusters episode. Do Samhain or the Boogeyman.

Like this.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I kinda liked Holtzman's big shoot out at first, but since I overthink things it doesn't sit well with me now. In a world with an afterlife killing a ghost would be an abominable crime. You'd be destroying an everlasting spirit. At least murderers leave a soul behind. In a theological sense you'd be defying God's plan for their eternal rest or torment, in some traditions anyway.

:dawkins101:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The Merkinman posted:

Why didn't ghost Egon get sucked into the trap array?

Friendly ectoplasmic entities have a different ionization rate.

Actually that's just some poo poo I made up.

deoju fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 4, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Ghostbusters is a going in to business movie.
Ghostbusters 2 is a going back into business movie.
Ghostbusters 2016 is a going into business movie.
Ghostbusters Aftterlife is a going back into business movie.

The franchise has retread ground. If I had a time machine and poo poo tons of money I'd make the Ghostbusters a monster of the week show like the X-Files, or even something closer to the cartoon.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Xenomrph posted:

Ghostbusters International, get Chris Hemsworth.

As I write that sentence, even I can’t tell if I’m joking or not.

Get Tessa Thompson instead. :swoon:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Target has a 3 pack of mini stay pufts. They look to be 1:1 scale which is fun.

https://www.target.com/p/ghostbusters-plasma-series-mini-pufts-3pk/-/A-83721705#lnk=sametab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Check out this awesome costume build by a cool dad.

Quoted from another thread.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Guy from my local twitter regulars is making a slimer costume for his 5 year old kid who loves ghostbusters for his ghostbusters birthday party. He's never done costume stuff before at all but he's just doing a great job.

https://twitter.com/RossLeBrun/status/1484475677692899328