Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I have kind of a lovely employment and work history but I'm also in need of a job at the moment. I'm thinking of applying to some upper management positions at lovely companies that I know have poo poo employee practices like JCPenneys or Ross or Sears or something.

The thing is, I have absolutely no experience in any of the kind of positions I would be applying for, and I never finished my degree at a fairly prestigious local university.

If I were to fudge my application, say that I had finished my degree a decade ago and been working fake jobs ever since, is there any chance I could land myself a bullshit job at one of those companies -- and in the worst case scenario what kind of backlash would I be looking at for lying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The Holy Ghost will look down upon you.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Being able to look at yourself in the mirror for the rest of your life.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It’s usually pretty easy to get away with.

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/27/us/27mit.html?nytmobile=0

Our stupid HR does minimal background diligence, I’ve hired some crazy loving people. If they were able to suppress the crazy they’d still likely have jobs.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im a yale man. i actually went to yale, yale law. yeahhh. i rowed & ate turtles and wore makeup at the old boys club. had my rear end hosed etc. im a laywer now, argal bargal etc.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Jobs are just a means to an end, not your identity your life

Lie your way to the top. Trust me, a lot of people do it. I got the best job of my life because I lied

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
they make you murder a baby on your first day to prove you really are sociopath class, extremely not worth it in my experience

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if u crack a baby open it looks just like the inside of a passion fruit. i know b/c i played 'eunuch chef' in my eating clubs staging of caligula the movie, at yale.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
Ive recruited a bunch of people in the past, never checked qualifications.

Dont lie about your work exp tho and if you cant get an ex job as a reference use a character reference.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

lol but seriously I posted:

they make you murder a baby on your first day to prove you really are sociopath class, extremely not worth it in my experience

That was my last job.

Thanks to the tremendous support of the posters ^^^^^^^^^ I think I may fudge some poo poo and not be too worried

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I always say I don't have any criminal charges I haven't been pardoned for even though I do and apparently they just don't bother doing a police check most places because I have a job

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
claim you went to magdalen college but pronounce it 'maudlin' bc thats how those fusty old queers say it at maudlin. if they ask for ur diploma reach into ur pocket and molest them

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

macdonal hamborkles posted:

Ive recruited a bunch of people in the past, never checked qualifications.

Dont lie about your work exp tho and if you cant get an ex job as a reference use a character reference.

Lying about work experience is the whole premise behind this post.

I have plenty of people who will answer the phone and say I worked for them even though I never did. How thorough do I need to be on a "work experience" check?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Listen to me Jesus. Nothing bad will happen to you. There is literally no downside to lying on your resume. If you are confident that you can do the work, actually gently caress it, even if you are NOT confident that you can do the work you still should lie and then fake it till you make it. You absolutely MUST lie on your resume. And don't go small like, padding years or using flowery language. No. Make up whole stretches of high level work and degrees you don't have. Go big, JC. Trust me.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
say you are bill gates and they will believe you as long as you have a strong handshake

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I got fired from like 4 jobs in my 20s and always lied about the reason I left when interviewing at other places. No one ever called me on it. Most companies are only willing to confirm employment and won't give any details for fear of being sued for defamation in case they gently caress up.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
there's people who just decide they're dentists and start practicing dentistry and don't get caught for like 30 years, meaning presumably there's some that just never get caught. it's chaos out there.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

My last resume was at LEAST 80% lies and I got the job that required a CS degree and 5 years of experience.

I don't even have a degree and now I get to boss people around. Lmao if you spent a shitload of money and time on college.

You fools. You absolute imbeciles.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

We are probably one of the last generations that will be able to get away with lying about our employment histories.

You see, cause we are all going to die in nuclear war, climate change, etc. In the very near future. So gently caress it, go wild.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Get a job as a police man i've always wanted to be a police man you can drive fast shoot people maybe and beat up homeless crustpunks

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BloodRed posted:

Get a job as a police man i've always wanted to be a police man you can drive fast shoot people maybe and beat up homeless crustpunks

if ur a policeman u can sit in teh drunk tank and wack off on the drunks in there they say. the old sanfran hosedown

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

It worked for the president

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

UglyCrackBaby posted:

It worked for the president

...no it didnt

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if you lie on your resume you will get it all wrinkly

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
doesn’t that happen anyway though? Like, eventually?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Jeez, try this, lie in your resume but then ask around A/T for details. Like, if you’re lying about being a computational biologist, post a thread in the science sub like “haha I know were al scientists wouldn’t it be funny if we all posted the work experience portions of our resumes for laughs”

e: quote is not edit

Murray Mantoinette fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 17, 2018

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Yo that's actually a really good idea. Hold up, I'll be right back.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib

Murray Mantoinette posted:

doesn’t that happen anyway though? Like, eventually?

not if u get one of those south korean foreskin facial things

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

BloodRed posted:

not if u get one of those south korean foreskin facial things

I get those all the time. We talking about two different things?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Lying is unethical.

But then again so are most businesses so really you'd be showing how well you fit into a corporate structure by being a huge phony.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lie your way into a job, and then after a few months use your current job as evidence to get into your next job. repeat one or two times and then you'll have a "real" resume and won't have to worry about being found out!

you could also gin up a bullshit website for a fake startup and have a friend agree to take calls/emails at the contact info listed on the website.

could also try and dig up the name of a local company that went bankrupt within the last few years, and then claim them on your resume

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
say argal alot. thats lawyer speak,and something of the lingo at yale

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

1redflag posted:

You see, cause we are all going to die in nuclear war, climate change, etc. In the very near future. So gently caress it, go wild.

lol if there's a nuclear war you probably won't die in the initial exchange. you'll either rot away from radiation sickness or cancer, or you'll get murdered by bandits. lol!!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lie your way into a job, and then after a few months use your current job as evidence to get into your next job. repeat one or two times and then you'll have a "real" resume and won't have to worry about being found out!

you could also gin up a bullshit website for a fake startup and have a friend agree to take calls/emails at the contact info listed on the website.

could also try and dig up the name of a local company that went bankrupt within the last few years, and then claim them on your resume

now this is the next level thinking we need

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib

Murray Mantoinette posted:

I get those all the time. We talking about two different things?

no this is ground up foreskin stemcells rubbed onto rich womens faces not an old man cumming on ur face in an alleyway

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/penis-facials-are-hollywoods-favorite-new-beauty-trend-yes-really/

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol if there's a nuclear war you probably won't die in the initial exchange. you'll either rot away from radiation sickness or cancer, or you'll get murdered by bandits. lol!!

do i need to apply to become a bandits?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

lol if you go to interviews that don't entail 8 hours of intensive technical exams and interrogation.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

BloodRed posted:

no this is ground up foreskin stemcells rubbed onto rich womens faces not an old man cumming on ur face in an alleyway

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/penis-facials-are-hollywoods-favorite-new-beauty-trend-yes-really/

Gross! I’ll stick with cum tyvm

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why would so,some with a degree from a prestigious un I want a job at J.C. Penney? Huh fella?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Burt Sexual posted:

Why would so,some with a degree from a prestigious un I want a job at J.C. Penney? Huh fella?

It's the latest wheeze, argal. Bunky Watson got a job as a manager in the menswear argal department at a Sears. Really livened up the internal competition thing they have by tossing firecrackers into the heavy appliances department. Argal.

• Locked thread