Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dorothy Lynch
Jul 3, 2018

Tetracube posted:

Unfriended: The Intellectual Dark Web

Everyone who dies uses non-binary pronouns except for the lone incel, who discovers the killer is none other than Jordan Peterson!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Opening shot: teenage girl protagonist is video chatting with her best friend, talking about this new mysterious website they found

Over the shoulder shot of computer screen while an evil voice says "I've caught you in my web."

Family dinner; dad's a cluless hardass; mom's on valuum; little brother's a little shithead; protagonist teenage daughter texts on phone through entire meal with a huge pile of angst thrown in for good measure

"Did you hear about Darren? Yea, he invested in buttcoin and became a millionaire at 16. He's having a party at his new mansion this weekend and I heard Billy is going to be there... *Makes teasing face at protagonist*

Lot of booooring poo poo filler, with some horny teens and sexual tension mixed in

Protagonist tries to buy something of the dark web, but doesn't realize that they are really being hacked by the evil Mastermind of the dark web, who cackles madly as the shot fades into the next day at school

People start dieing in more and more elaborate manners, often by "hacked" machinery/electronics

"You don't get it, the dark web is everywhere! Theres nowhere we can hide!"

Nerd sage introduced late in the movie as the magical negro lives in mom's basement, which is covered in anime posters, video game action figures, and discarded pizza/hot Pocket boxes. Nerd sage wears an Atari shirt with a gigantic marinara stain on it.

The "Mastermind" of the dark web turns out to be a gigantic sentient spider. The protagonist kills it by dropping an old CRT monitor on its head.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
A dark web hacker forces the protag to pick between two side characters and then kills them both anyway

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
The day is saved when the hidden traitor friend has their house burn down when their homemade cardboard box mining rig catches fire

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

1redflag posted:

Opening shot: teenage girl protagonist is video chatting with her best friend, talking about this new mysterious website they found

Over the shoulder shot of computer screen while an evil voice says "I've caught you in my web."

Family dinner; dad's a cluless hardass; mom's on valuum; little brother's a little shithead; protagonist teenage daughter texts on phone through entire meal with a huge pile of angst thrown in for good measure

"Did you hear about Darren? Yea, he invested in buttcoin and became a millionaire at 16. He's having a party at his new mansion this weekend and I heard Billy is going to be there... *Makes teasing face at protagonist*

Lot of booooring poo poo filler, with some horny teens and sexual tension mixed in

Protagonist tries to buy something of the dark web, but doesn't realize that they are really being hacked by the evil Mastermind of the dark web, who cackles madly as the shot fades into the next day at school

People start dieing in more and more elaborate manners, often by "hacked" machinery/electronics

Nerd sage introduced late in the movie as the magical negro lives in mom's basement, which is covered in anime posters, video game action figures, and discarded pizza/hot Pocket boxes. Nerd sage wears an Atari shirt with a gigantic marinara stain on it.

The "Mastermind" of the dark web turns out to be a gigantic sentient spider. The protagonist kills it by dropping an old CRT monitor on its head.

this has a good 'flow'

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
a gang of teenage porch pirates get more than they bargained for when Amazon drones and the Dominos road paver team up to seek revenge

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Is this a remake of the prescient film The Net starring Sandra Bullock?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

A guy pays $10 to post on an internet forum, another $10 for plat, then $5 for a custom title and realizes he spent all the money he was supposed to use for insulin

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

house of the dad posted:

A guy pays $10 dollars to post on an internet forum, another $10 for plat, then $5 for a custom title and realizes he spent all the money he was supposed to use for insulin

You don't need two feet

client
Aug 19, 2010

Tetracube posted:

Unfriended: The Intellectual Dark Web

drat the guy who played ben shapiro really nailed it

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

A man, streaming over his phone and talking about his 165 IQ and mensa membership, walks into the business end of a car wash and is ripped to pieces

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

1redflag posted:

This is a goddamned masterpiece

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

A hacker hijacks an internet router in a teenagers room and over clocks it so it's producing dangerous levels of RF Signals that makes everyone within range hallucinate. This causes the young starlet of the movie to starts to hallucinate and hear ghostly voices that she thinks are of a sibling that died when she was very young. Throughout the film she tries communicating with the voices in her head and due to the hallucinations she doesn't know are affecting her, she thinks she is successful in making contact due to starting to see shadows (another side effect of the RF radiation). Over time this drives her crazy and ends with her trying to convince others that she is talking to ghosts and she is eventually committed to a mental health facility when it's reveled that the hacker behind the hijacking was a guy in her school that was trying to manipulate her into going to him for help with her computer.

That's a half assed idea off the dome that would be bomb if thought through properly

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Someone clicks on a link, a video pops up that starts with a kid shouting "BOOGEYMAN!"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
A Nerd rolls his eyes and scoffs: "There's no such thing as the insert-scare-quotes dark web. It is a misnomer. It's just another example of people mystifying and vilifying something they do not understand. If you understand the P2P algorythms and cryptocurrency involved in these websites, it's all pretty simple and mundane. There's absolutely nothing to be afraid of."

Suddenly something moves right behind him and his web-cam feed is cut off.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
A character is channel surfing. He skips right past a news channel talking about mysterious disappearances on the internet and clicks over to Looney Tunes that scene from Reboot where the Web Creatures attack.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
They peer deep into the dark web. And I mean deeper than dark, abyssal void web...and there in the nothingness is the face of Lowtax looking back at them.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Someone sends the main character an image macro that says "Gonna get you!"

She blocks the sender.

Suddenly all of her friends are retweeting and reblogging the macro, it's everywhere!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
A NERD sets up a bitcoin mining rig.

Suddenly a little gold coin flies out of it. He picks it up, staring at it in wonder. More coins shoot from the machine. Wonder turns to horror as he is BURIED ALIVE!

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

:spooky:

Scary! fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 17, 2018

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
A wealthy video vlogger is murdered by Poverty Ghost.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
A character goes to Wiki-how to look up How Do I Navigate The Dark Web?

All of the art on the page is of her being murdered.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

A character goes to Wiki-how to look up How Do I Navigate The Dark Web?

All of the art on the page is of her being murdered.

Only if it involves that loving dog lmao

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

Only if it involves that loving dog lmao

That too.

But also this, except he stabbed her:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

pounded in the butt by my downloaded ghost

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
"I think it's wrong to hurt people. Reblog if you agree."

But nobody reblogs BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL DEAD!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The horrifying revelation at the end was that the internet-powered murder spree was crowd funded.

A hundred thousand unique backers pledged millions to make it possible. All of the funding brackets have a name of a different now-dead person. And they have all been reached, but one. The one with the name of the last character left alive.

As she watches, the funding meter ticks up one more time.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Modern day tumblr types get sucked into The Portal Of Evil and go totally nuts because of Fat Chicks In Party Hats

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
A supporting character is pursued through their home by a giant living integrated circuit while this music plays.

A squad of hardened, wisecracking marines are sent into the dark web via an oversized dialup modem that they crawl into like playground tubes. The main characters come across their bodies later in the film, mutilated by AOL trial cd's.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

BIG rear end LATINA TEEN CHASED BY LESBIAN LOVING TREX ON HOVERBOARD THEN KILL

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Scene:

Two characters are in an abandoned NERD DEN. Discarded pizza boxes and empty soda cans (with prominently visible logos) loom in the dusty gloom. They are here because the oldest, darkest part of the Dark Web cannot be accessed by modern computers.

"Come on, hurry!" says the Cool Hero. "This place is giving me the creeps."

"I can't," says the Nerdy Sidekick. "This thing's ancient. Dawn of time stuff."

The Nerdy Sidekick closes off pop-up after pop-up. He swears loudly.

"What's wrong?" says the Cool Hero.

"drat thing's infected," says the Nerd. "Worst case I've ever seen. All the old spyware has just been running on it non-stop for over a decade. Changing. Evolving."

"Whoa, what's that?" says the Cool Hero. "Awww. That's cute."

The computer starts singing 'Daisy, Daisy' in a mechanical voice.

"Oh no," the Sidekick jumps up and backs away from the computer. "We - we have to get out of here. We have to go NOW!"

"What is it? What?"

As the Hero tries to calm the nerd, Bonzi Buddy grows to fill the entire screen.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Is this a remake of the prescient film The Net starring Sandra Bullock?

That's being remade as "The Nyet", by Yakov Smirnoff as a last ditch attempt to resurrect his career.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That's being remade as "The Nyet", by Yakov Smirnoff as a last ditch attempt to resurrect his career.

ha ha

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
TWO girls poop their pants at the same time but in different places through the magic of THE DARK WEB!

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Lowtax posted:

If you've been fortunate enough to avoid the first "Unfriended" film, it's a movie that takes place entirely on a user's desktop. They video chat with friends and everything is as it seems... but wait, there's actually a killer ghost in the internet killing all the people who was mean to her back when she was less dead! Oh no! Everything is actually not what it seems!!! The best part was when a girl pooped her pants if that's any indication of quality.

So now there's a sequel coming, "Dark Web." It's about files or... something. Internet online (?)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/unfriended_dark_web

Oh no the dark web is being protected, do you have stairs in your web.

So take an educated guess as to what you think will happen in this movie. Here's my guesses:

* A character is video chatting and sees an evil internet demon behind somebody else and says "...what's that behind you...?" and the character turns around and suddenly their camera is disconnected.

* A character explains the concept of the "dark web" to a girl and the audience. It's where haunted exe files go after they're deleted.

* A black guy shouts "gently caress all y'all,I ain't opening no file!!!"

* Somebody gets disconnected, and then their camera comes back on... mysteriously! Because a ghost did it. Online.

* Somebody gets raped by a Microsoft Zune

* Somebody goes to play Pac Man but ends up in the game being chased by ghosts. Another character shouts "you can do it! Get the high score!"

* Dumbass bullshit

This is the only part I read and it made me laugh because it was so unexpected

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Sharp-eyed viewers will note a cameo by “Tom” from MySpace.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

the dark web is visualised as being made of sticky, slimy strands of translucent material against a black background

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They do not realize to turn their monitors off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Sid Vicious posted:

Will Sasso spits out some lemons buy this time they're deadly lemons

A lemon... party?

• Locked thread