Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

You are right, this looks pretty good for a 3d PSX game and the English voice acting makes it a lot more accessible than Alive was, though I will always think it's weird how common point and click games were on the Japanese PSX, was the Playstation Mouse™ a more popular accessory there?

This really is an old game, you could actually have knives on air planes before 9/11. Having multiple protagonists with different skills and tools is something I always love whenever it shows up, and so far it has made sense which one to use though the deep snow seemed a bit iffy, I guessed you'd need snowshoes or something not just a taller less wimpy character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

discworld is all I read posted:

And we suddenly get a hearty hot spraying of political intrigue in our collective faces!

It's honestly difficult to say; maybe it was just easier to map that out in a 3D space than trying to give a player free range of motion? I would say it would have been difficult with the d-pad on the PS1 controller, but this game does support analog stick inputs for the PS1 so even that might have made movement easier than trying to use the point and click interface.

Having the characters work together was nice and the action sequence seemed like it worked out ok, but the single skipole seemed a bit out of place, not that it was needed but that there only was one in the helicopter in the first place.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

discworld is all I read posted:

Will the communication station prove to be a possible means for our plucky group to get the word out that Pachamama is safe and in desperate need of transportation down the mountain? Or will it prove to be a situation that not even stabbing everything in sight can solve?

OMG the alarm sound is just someone going "wee-woo" into a microphone, right? All other sound work has been pretty good so this just stood out way too much.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

That was a good LP and they game ended just before it started to wear out its welcome. I'm a bit disappointed that the airplane bombing was just dropped after a while especially since they bring up Lopez's innocent family being killed in a terror attack.

Looking forward to finally seeing the end of the fatal frame series when you get around to it.

• Locked thread