Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

ratbert90 posted:

char *foo looks better than char* foo

Fight me. :colbert:

char * foo; the equitable arrangement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

vscode on linux is a pretty good experience

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

cee plus plus, motherfucker. slap my cmake/ninja calls straight into tasks.json. 420 export compile commands every day.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

when i want to get freaky i use the built-in ssh support to build and debug on linux from windows

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

cmake's not so bad. the "modern" stuff is largely just always using modules and targets, and the target_ prefix'd functions in preference to everything else. i'd just dive on in and google every time you get stuck - 9 times out of 10 there's a function or flag that does the complicated thing you want for you. the install() stuff is a bit of a nightmare still though, and anything involving bundles on macos is a headache.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

oh, the official documentation is pretty good, even if it does have the extremely specific style of the opengl docs going on.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

today i used nvidia's extensions to visual studio to build some cuda, so: agreed

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

you need an event loop iirc

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

"The BBC are reporting that despite 'the very best deal possible,' a failure to agree terms between the BBC and the estate of late sci-fi writer Terry Nation has meant that we will not being seeing TV's most evil villains in the new series, starring Christopher Eccleston and Billy Piper."

concerning news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

MrMoo posted:

(1) There is barely any support for HDR in images, but a lot of effort for video. AVIF seems to be the main winner here, but none of Microsoft tools or even Firefox support it. There are a lot of hack solutions such as 16-bit PNGs, which Netflix uses, and the cesspit of JPEG2000, JPEG-XL, which I'll just ignore. Just to detect that a file is HDR is an overly burdensome amount of effort.

Example HDR files here: https://gregbenzphotography.com/hdr/

just use EXRs :pervert: