Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Just use yaml you babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I'm a terrible code reviewer because if the code isn't written exactly how I would do it then my brain freezes up and I don't know what to say.

We end up with a lot of code that does what it needs to but I hate doing minor fixes because my urge to rewrite huge swaths of it is so strong.

Oh well.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I found a function in our code that took two parameters and returned a tuple with two values, the second of which was the second function parameter returned untouched. The single caller assigned it to a new variable and went on its way.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
u mad bro?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
We're finally moving to jira this year and it sux AMA.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Carthag Tuek posted:

thx for pipe info

gonna try loving around with it a bit more & then give up

Is ur container image missing the glibc language packs for ur locale? Running `locale` in the container might show the issue.

I dunno about others but for rhel/fedora distros you want a package like glibc-langpack-en or glibc-all-langpacks installed. I remember the toolbox images used to not have this and until you installed the right langpack you couldn't use emoji 😭😭😭😭😭.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Carthag Tuek posted:

tbh i think my container might be a pos

nice thread title

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

my homie dhall posted:

the best compiled language is python

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
gitlab has a graphql api and it is alright. too bad it doesn't provide all the features of the rest api so you keep having to fall back.