Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I cook?
Prok
Chicken
Beef
Spaghetti
View Results

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I just purchased this thing on sale and I'm super excited to try it out.

Anyone already have one and have some favorite meals they like to make with it? I saw you can cook an entire ham in like 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

They are great but very prone to violently off-gas methane, so be careful

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
I was going to post my recipe for secret mushrooms but I see you already made them.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

They are great but very prone to violently off-gas methane, so be careful

is this a fart joke

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

PROK

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pressure frying owns. :munch:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
make some instant pot roast OP

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im not gonna open it until i want to use it. if its still in the box in september its gonna be a christmas gift

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

gary oldmans diary posted:

im not gonna open it until i want to use it. if its still in the box in september its gonna be a christmas gift

I got a slowcooker and even on Low/8 hours it was still burning my food so I stopped using it. Hopefully this will make a different because I'm tried of always making the same stuff.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i use a regular stovetop pressure cooker.

best things to make out of it is carnitas and tamales, hth

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i use a regular stovetop pressure cooker.

best things to make out of it is carnitas and tamales, hth

:hmmyes:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
instant pot loving owns i love mine

here is a good recipe for beef stroking off https://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/instant-pot-pressure-cooker-hamburger-stroganoff/

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

here's my recipe:
call the hakka place
order chili chicken
serve hot

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

here's my recipe:
call the hakka place
order chili chicken
serve hot
serve out of instapot

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Nooner posted:

here is a good recipe for beef stroking off https://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/instant-pot-pressure-cooker-hamburger-stroganoff/

I like the manifesto that prefaces the actual recipe lol

that does look pretty good though

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I was about to say, it looks like the front page of SA

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Have you ever looked at literally any online recipe before that? That diatribe is pretty short compared to most.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

You can make yogurt with some of them can yours make yogurt if so perhaps make some yogurt

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Have you ever looked at literally any online recipe before that? That diatribe is pretty short compared to most.

Yes I just thought that one was particularly banal

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/04/pressure-cooker-fast-and-easy-chicken-chile-verde-recipe.html

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My wife already had a pressure cooker thingy, i bought an air fryer instead. I NEED MORE KITCHEN poo poo LIKE A HOLE IN MY HEAD.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

woah

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Nooner posted:

why do americans called ground beef hamburger

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jose posted:

why do americans called ground beef hamburger

because brands

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

bradzilla posted:

because brands

ah. they're retarded

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jose posted:

ah. they're retarded

quite so

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

bradzilla posted:

because brands

Is this just a box of pasta?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Away all Goats posted:

Is this just a box of pasta?

Yeah and some lovely flavoring.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhvj2ps-jMk

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
basically never buy pasta sauce again, just get the canned tomatoes, drain them then pressure cook on high with some garlic for a couple hours, then put on the stove with some spices and simmer down for half an hour and presto, some loving delicious tomato sauce with zero effort.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

The Walrus posted:

basically never buy pasta sauce again, just get the canned tomatoes, drain them then pressure cook on high with some garlic for a couple hours, then put on the stove with some spices and simmer down for half an hour and presto, some loving delicious tomato sauce with zero effort.

That sounds like a lot of effort

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Make some goddamn chicken adobo. Try not to do what I did though and slice the top of your pinky off while cutting green onions. Protip: you can clench a wooden spoon in your mouth to hit the pressure release valve while keeping pressure on your bleeding hand with the uninjured one and dinner will stay nice and warm until your SO gets home with bandages.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nooner posted:

I, as well as a few other goons (which is why this thread was probably made), just ordered the Instant Pot for the Amazon sale. $60, gently caress yeah. This recipe looks great for a single, isolated, and lonely piece of poo poo like myself. I like things that I can make in larger batches and this looks like something I can do that with and then refrigerate.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
https://www.fivehearthome.com/instant-pot-german-lentil-soup-pressure-cooker-recipe/

This is SUPER easy to make and it makes a lot so you can freeze it for later. Just brown your kielbasa on the saute function, add the rest of the stuff, and pressure cook that poo poo. One pot recipes are extremely cool if you are a lazy gently caress like me.
Yes it looks like diarrhea but that's just lentils.

https://recipes.instantpot.com/recipe/instant-pot-pork-chops-with-a-creamy-garlic-sauce/

Also I linked this in the other thread, but I make this with mashed potatoes and it rules. Pressure cooking the pork makes it fall-off-the-fork tender and I put way more garlic in than it called for.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Over There posted:

That sounds like a lot of effort

how so? step 1 open can step 2 drain can step 3 put in cooker with garlic (dont chop) step 4 pressure cook step 5 put in spices while instant pot is on simmer setting. i forgot you dont put it on the stove cause its an instant pot it all happens in the pot,. its not as good as a tomato sauce you've actually been simmering for 12 hours and letting flavours develop but it makes paul newmans poo poo completely inedible in comparison,.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 17, 2018

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

The Walrus posted:

how so? step 1 open can step 2 drain can step 3 put in cooker with garlic (dont chop) step 4 pressure cook step 5 put in spices while instant pot is on simmer setting. i forgot you dont put it on the stove cause its an instant pot it all happens in the pot,. its not as good as a tomato sauce you've actually been simmering for 12 hours and letting flavours develop but it makes paul newmans poo poo completely inedible in comparison,.

Here's how I prepare pasta sauce:

1. open bottle
2. Distribute contents all over my naked body

Desired results in less than 5 minutes.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

if you put frosted flakes and milk inside and turn it on it produces a delicious cake

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Tom Gorman posted:

if you put frosted flakes and milk inside and turn it on it produces a delicious cake

Call me a skeptic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

just got one too :) i found a good chili recipe that calls for a dutch oven (not the fart kind) and i was wondering if i could use this as a dutch oven?

• Locked thread