Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Separate your garbage much idiots? Yeah I like doing free work for conglomerates too. Pretty much all of it is going to the landfill anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i just farted and it smells like i had diarrhea but there's no poop in my pants

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

goethe.cx posted:

i just farted and it smells like i had diarrhea but there's no poop in my pants

It's in my pants.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
one could say recycling is........

:wth:

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
A lot of restaurants are legally required to have recycling bins but they just go to the same trash because they aren't actually legally required to recycle anything

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I wish I could recycle YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I hope you face significant fines from your sanitary disposal company, and/or they discontinue your service. You freaking idiot. I bet you let the water run when you brush your teeth and dump your psych meds down the toilet.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I never recycle. I'm the anti christ and im here to kill the planet.

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

I hope you face significant fines from your sanitary disposal company, and/or they discontinue your service. You freaking idiot. I bet you let the water run when you brush your teeth and dump your psych meds down the toilet.

imagine being a runoff creek fish, just getting stoned all the time on grandma's zonk drops. Wow what a life

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Recycling is actually pretty cool if you plan on living past 35, or having kids, or bequeathing your estate x-box to your poodle anime pillow

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Xaris posted:

one could say recycling is........

:wth:
they completely failed to make any sort of case against recycling aluminum as i recall

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The only reason they penalize you for throwing electronic waste away with the normal trash is because they lose out on the recoverable precious metals that they would get if you offered it to them as e-waste, sorry for blowing everyones goddamned minds

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Burt Sexual posted:

You're a sanitary disposal company! Sanitary pads! Lmao :smuggo:

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

dump your psych meds down the toilet.

This is a terrible waste. What you want to do is melt down some chocolate and dip the meds in it. That way you save tons of money on halloween candy.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

gary oldmans diary posted:

they completely failed to make any sort of case against recycling aluminum as i recall

I liked the episode where they had the huge wheelcahir bound misanthrope who wanted to get rid of the Americans with Disabilities Act because he was a giant libertarian of course. Never mind how much the ADA helps everyone else. gently caress that show.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

King of Bees posted:

You're a sanitary disposal company! Sanitary pads! Lmao :smuggo:

That sucks more than your thread. But not as much as you! Hahahajaj

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Recycle you idiot you can do it drunk or high it’s super easy.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

The only reason they penalize you for throwing electronic waste away with the normal trash is because they lose out on the recoverable precious metals that they would get if you offered it to them as e-waste, sorry for blowing everyones goddamned minds

the profit motive there actually gives me more faith they'll actually recycle the waste than separate recycling bins that could just be for show and for all i know get dumped 5 feet away from normal trash at the landfill

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

gary oldmans diary posted:

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure their major points revolved around the economic benefits / drawbacks of recycling paper and cardboard as opposed to just making more paper. Oh, and also how the majority of waste comes from corporations and not households. Brilliant stuff deserving of many humanitarian awards.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
Also, I volunteer to clean garbage out of rivers each year to spite my boomer father.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
was just an article in the local paper calling us all lazy idiots throwing trash in with the recycling so the county doesn't make enough chinabux bc its all contaminated and has to go to the landfill

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i donate my empty beer cans to the can men

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
recycling is... good

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sometimes I throw recycling items in the trash and then spank my bare rear end for being so naughty. :hai:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Sometimes I throw recycling items in the trash and then spank my bare rear end for being so naughty. :hai:

PM me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I throw my 5 cent refundable cans in the recycle bin. I consider it a I’m lazy af tax.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I’ll send you some garbage. :hai:

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Burt Sexual posted:

I throw my 5 cent refundable cans in the recycle bin. I consider it a I’m lazy af tax.

Should be considered a charitable tax write-off, if you've got trashpickers in your area.

Also, placing car batteries in landfills ultimately helps the soil absorb nitrates which help plants to grow. It's very similar to the creation of nitrogen inherent to lightning strikes.

Matryoshka SexDoll fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 18, 2018

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Whenever I travel some some backwards state without recycling and compost everywhere I feel v guilty throwing everything in landfill. :ohdear:

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
whenever i drop something in the designated cardboard & glass/biowaste/other bin i tear at my clothes and start tearfully shrieking about it all being too little too late our grandchildren will inherit a dead & pestilent world just to keep things intellectually rigorous

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Everyone here (my town not SA) throws their old mattresses and broken sofas (how) in the recycling dumpster. Bed Bug City. It all goes to a landfill. Bigger Bugs City. I am sick of people yelling about straws while they use up precious metals to make handcrafted bracelets and necklaces and charms that no one wants.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Julius CSAR posted:

I liked the episode where they had the huge wheelcahir bound misanthrope who wanted to get rid of the Americans with Disabilities Act because he was a giant libertarian of course. Never mind how much the ADA helps everyone else. gently caress that show.

they're insanely lame and dumb assholes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
wait a minute... there. monitor was off

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

If you reduce consumption, you have less waste to sort. There's a reason it's first of the 3 Rs. Reducing consumption also helps defeat capitalism and mindless consumerism.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
okay so let us just assume that fusion is finally realised how many/few problems would it actually solve?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

lol but seriously I posted:

okay so let us just assume that fusion is finally realised how many/few problems would it actually solve?

itd put a big dent in climate change but youd still have the problems of extraction/disposal of materials/garbage

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Assuming there is a meltdown on a global scale, probably all of them.

Matryoshka SexDoll fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 18, 2018

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Stexils posted:

itd put a big dent in climate change

lol

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

just you wait pal im working on my comeback. itll be here in around 5 years, guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

whenever i drop something in the designated cardboard & glass/biowaste/other bin i tear at my clothes and start tearfully shrieking about it all being too little too late our grandchildren will inherit a dead & pestilent world just to keep things intellectually rigorous

lol they don't give a poo poo about their grandchildren dude

• Locked thread