Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Just came back from seeing RevPro and I really enjoyed it, but went back through this thread and the accident with the referee seems really lovely. Shame, cause I was thinking of making it a more regular thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'll do some more research and see how things shake out, just seeing some of the replies they had made me feel a bit unsure. I've only been to Royal Quest and the Live at the Cockpit last sunday in terms of live wrestling shows, but I really kind of like the close and personal nature of the RevPro show.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I did decide to give RevPro another chance. Managed to convince some colleagues to come to the J cup last weekend and it was really good and the audience was really into it. All except one of my friends really enjoyed it as well and they literally knew nothing about wrestling before the show.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

RevPro High Stakes is a week away. Full card:

Dan Moloney vs Jeff Cobb
LA Park vs Eddie Kingston in a no-DQ match
Hikuleo vs Carlos Romo vs Mark Haskins vs Kyle Fletcher vs Chris Brookes vs Kurtis Chapman in a six-man scramble
The Legion (Rampage Brown and The Great O-Kharn) defend the tag titles against David Starr and Damian Dunne
Zoe Lucas defends the women's title against Gisele Shaw
Ricky Knight Jr defends the SpeedKing title against Robbie X
El Phantasmo defends the Cruiserweight title against Michael Oku
Zack Sabre Jr defends the British title against Will Ospreay
Gonna see this with my SO, perfect valentine IMO

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ELP vs Michael Oku and ZSJ vs Ospreay were seriously good and worth the ticket alone.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Should be good. Also Cockpit 50 was a lot of fun, although the last match was painful to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I've only restarted going to live RevPro shows recently, so I'm not really up to date with the storylines, with the only one that I was aware of is Legion trying to convince Yota Tusji to join them, and Ricky Knight Jr fueding with Will Ospreay in the leadup to High Stakes 2021. In terms of some of my favourite wrestlers in the promotion, currently I really like the aforementioned RKJ, Micheal Oku, Robbie X and Kyle Fletcher (even outside of when he fights for his tag team Aussie Open). I especially like Michael: he's currently mainly peforming in his tag team Destination Anywhere, but he's basically fearless and always takes a bunch of nasty-looking bumps during his matches. Unfortunately I tend to go only on the London shows since those are the ones that are local to me.

Edit: I also saw Shota at High Stakes but he seems really rusty and the match wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.