Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Finnish promotion FCF is coming back this Saturday for their first live show in half a year. What’s nice is that for the first time ever, everyone who bought a ticket will receive a video recording of the show when it ends. I like to think I’m kinda responsible for this because when the show was announced, they didn’t mention any corona measures and I posted on the event page asking about that stuff and also the possibility of them streaming the show or putting up for purchase later. After all, I want to support them and see the show even if I’d decide I wouldn’t be going, which is likely because I have little interest in catching the virus and a wrestling crowd is going to shout and chant which’ll make me at the very least uncomfortable to be there right now - not something I want from what’s supposed to be a fun event. The virus situation here is pretty well under control but this is the hotspot in this country and I’m still going to be avoiding events bigger than like a dozen-ish people for a good while.

It’s probably just going to be a hard cam recording but I’m v. cool with paying the ticket price for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Finally watching that VOD and wow I didn’t expect them go all out on like this! Shot and edited well and with commentary and everything. Will buy a ticket to the next one too regardless of whether I actually attend the show live if this is the quality we can expect.

Some of the booking seems really quite questionable from what I’ve heard but maybe part of that can be attributed to them trying to make up for lost time.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If you want to watch Finnish wrestling that’s just about to happen in Estonia? You can tune in right now here https://tv.delfi.ee/live/

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

On my way to FCF’s second show with a crowd in five million years. Missed the first one because I wasn’t home then.

It’s a smallish free open-air thingy but god dang I’m hyped to see some actual live w r a s s l i n

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So I’ve been living in Berlin for about a month and a half and have had very little time for the wrassles. Also been too busy painting BattleTech miniatures. There is, however, a local wrestling scene here and I’m excited to go see GWF (German Wrestling Federation) for the first time today. Anyone here seen a GWF show? Any important names that’ve come from GWF?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lamuella posted:

They had a lot of BritWres crossover for a while and even had British commentary. Post-pandemic they're much more focused on homegrown talent. In terms of notable names, John Klinger (Bad Bones) is pretty good and GWF is in his stomping grounds. Axel Tischer (Alexander Wolfe from NXT UK) turns up a lot too.

Oh cool, both dudes seem to be on the card today as well! Klinger in a singles match and Tischer in what seems to be a good ol’ Royal Rumble-style match.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The first match was in fact Tischer vs Big Nik. It is nice to see that good big men are hard to find everywhere. Big Nik was slow and bad and the crowd told him as much (”Nik ist Scheiße!”)

There is now a mixed tag and a man called ”Crowchester” seems to be very popular

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Good show! Will be going again. There’s also a new promotion called Project Nova here, will check out that too when I get the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

4 and a half hours by train though...

Bare minimum, if you're in Germany you need to go to Oberhausen for the 16 Carat Tournament, that's always a blast

It’s on a weekend so will definitely have to consider it. Not sure if I’d be able to do more than one of the three days, unfortunately.