Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Here's a thread to discuss shows, events and gossip from the White Hot (enough for WWE to counterprogram against it) European wrestling scene.

Most promotions are working with pivotshare for streaming, which is a bit of a cuss if you use a console to watch things on your tv. Not functional on PS4, although doers work on Chromecast.

Companies under discussion and their state of play as of 18.07. There's a bunch of other ones too.

World of Sport
A Reboot of the old ITV wrestling show, this has WWE running a bit scared. It's on in a good timeslot on one of the UK's most popular channels. It'll instantly have more eyes on it in the UK than WWE will. As a result WWE has brought NXTUK plans forward. No talent is allowed to work both WoS and WWEUK events. It's a 10 episode series that is on, to gauge support. Expect NXTUK plans to fold if this doesn't take off

Current Roster: Grado as champ (they were initially more kiddie focused but seem to be going more competition based), Davey Boy Smith Junior Junior, Will Ospreay, Moose, Primate, Joe Hendry, Martin Kirby, Iestyn Rees, Viper, Kay Lee Ray, Bea Priestley, Sha Samuels, Doug Williams, Rampage Brown, Lionheart, Nathan Cruz, Kip Sabian, Robbie X, Adam Maxted, Gabriel Kidd, CJ Banks and Liam Slater

Their show debuts on July 28th.

Progress
Punk Rock Wrestling. One of the bright lights of the recent resurgence in Britwrestling, it's moved from venue to venue, getting bigger and bigger each time. Currently their big show is Wembley. Because of their WWE affiliation (not explicit but talent moves between them) NJPW have pulled Zack Sabre Junior and and Will Ospreay from two showpiece matches for the card. Currently going on a US tour also. Their social media is shocking. Some people think they've gone a bit off the boil since the heady days of the Jimmy Havoc Reign Of Terror. It feels like their booking is being pushed and pulled by their affiliations with WWE\antipathy with NJPW.

Regular Roster includes:

Jimmy Havoc, Flash Morgan Webster, Travis Banks, Chris Brookes, James Drake, Zack Gibson, Mark Haskins, British Strong Style +Imports

Owner(s)‎: ‎Jim Smallman‎; Jon Briley; ‎Glen Joseph

https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/

Westside Xtreme Wrestling
Germany's biggest wrestling company, and a very decent one too. For their recent 16 Karat Gold tournament, they encouraged indie companies smaller them to organise a multi company show to give WXW fans a view of other domestic companies. They have charismatic stars, long term booking, incredible production values. They don't appear to have much in the way of conflict with WWE, Timothy Thatcher and WALTER are both working in EVOLVE, while Ilja Dragunov, their champion, is working with Pete Dunne in the Wembley Progress show, as a WXW representative. WALTER is also working with NJPW guys. Everyone loves WALTER. Everyone should love WXW. They've got the World Tag League coming up, which is obviously a tag show.

Regular Roster: Monster Consulting, WALTER, Timothy Thatcher, Bobby Gunns, Toni Storm, Ilja Dragunov, Dirty Dragan, Jurn Simmons, Emil Sitoci, Da Mack, Marius Al-Ani, Absolute Andy, Alpha Female + imports

https://vimeo.com/westsidextremewrestling/vod_pages

Over the Top Wrestling
One of the hotter promotions at the moment (also my local one so I'm biased) got hot by pushing Pete Dunne at a time when no one else was to the same extent. Based for the last few years in the Tivoli, the Tivoli is being shut, so they're looking for a new venue which isn't easy. They tend to run dream match cards, but in the last few years have brought up a lot of Irish talent who should be filtering out soon. They've been criticised for social media issues, and not pushing women enough. The cards are excellent, with top name imports and the domestically the Import Killer Jordan Devlin, and Kings of the North. So far they've stayed out of any enmity with any promotion. Pete Dunne from WWE and Minoru Suzuki from NJPW have worked their cards lately.

Current Roster: Jordan Devlin, Kings of the North, Angel Cruz, B. Cool, Katey Harvey, Debbie Keitel, Valkyrie, More Than Hype, Legit 100, Sammii Jayne, Sean Maxer Guinness, Imports.

Their shows are on https://overthetopwrestling.pivotshare.com/

Insane Championship Wrestling
It's Scottish ECW? I have to say, I only saw the one show, where there was a casket match, the two lads fighting went into the casket and the lid closed. Then a chant of 'SHAAAGGGINNNGG' went around the arena, and they got out pretty sharpish. They sell out their shows and have a devoted fanbase, have a bit more blood and violence. Stevie Boy is their champion, Viper their women's champ.

https://icwondemand.pivotshare.com/

Revolution Pro

Andy Q's promotion is heavily NJPW, not so much WWE. Minoru Suzuki is their champion, Suzuki-Gun are their tag champs (defeating Mustache Mountain, which some people believe was going to cause headaches for Andy politically). They have a reputation for dream matches rather than long term build, again I don't know too much on them as they're not in my regular viewing.

http://www.revolutionprowrestling.com/on-demand

If anyone has more to say on any promotion, then have at it imo. I'll change whatever people point out is loving stupid. Hopefully it's at least a jumping off point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Venomous posted:

Oh, good. Well, here’s something of an effortpost on my local promotion, Edinburgh’s finest:

Discovery Wrestling

If ICW is Scotland’s ECW, Discovery Wrestling is the closest thing we have to NXT. Based around Edinburgh, Disco Wrestling hosts some of the finest indie talent in the UK and beyond every month or so, and their shows are generally really drat good. Their current Y Division Champion is Joe Coffey, one of the finest big men in the country, who’s best known for his recent performance in the WWE UK tournament. Their current Women’s Champion is Sammii Jayne, however she’s unfortunately been injured recently, and she might have to vacate the title at the next show, which is a bit of a bummer. Disco has a weekly free show on Fite TV where they broadcast some of their best matches from the past three years, and it can be found here. Pretty sure they broadcast their live shows through their website as well, but idk how much that costs.

Regular roster includes:

Joe Coffey, Lewis Girvan, Aspen Faith, Joe Hendry, BT Gunn, Chris Ridgeway, Andy Wild, Michael Chase, Christopher Saynt, Theo Doros, Jayla Dark, Turbo Josh Terry, Dave Conrad, Deviation, Sammii Jayne, Session Moth Martina, Jackie Polo, Mark Coffey, Gene Munny, Uncle Bobby, Bonesaw, Damien Corvin, Kid Fite, Krieger, and a few more that I’ve probably forgotten.

Disco is in a good position in Scottish wrestling, anyway.

Is there anything uniquely scottish about Discovery? I mean you have the Scottish roster, but my promotion, at the start, they show the Irish flag and play the national anthem. It's very hokey, and the kind of thing that used to happen at the end of the night in the local pub or disco to let you know that the bar was closed. It kicks things off well.

We've not had Cara Noir, Gene Munny, and a few others. Who are the standouts from Discovery?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Cavauro posted:

Who are the top 3, 5, or 10 wrestlers from EuroGraps? Tell this to me and I'll read it

It's really hard to say. Like Pete Dunne has pretty much moved from being a regular member to being someone who can be whipped away at a moment's notice by WWE. Ospreay and ZSJ are here occasionally but are mostly Japan.

WALTER is probably the best regular European wrestler at the moment. Maybe Ilja Dragunov for his matches and energy. Zack Gibson on mic work.

Then you've got Jordan Devlin who is insanely good at the moment, but still building his name outside Ireland.

You've got top hands like Mark Haskins or Jimmy Havoc who put on great matches but I'm not sure anyone would see them as top 5 in Europe because they're missing one thing or another.

There's the lads who are big names and can main event and put on spectacular matches but aren't actually Euros, like Matt Riddle or Speedball, who for one reason or another aren't likely to be in NJPW or WWE anytime soon. They're semi regular on the entire circuit.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

RevPro's Summer Sizzler looks really good this year. They've got Ishii vs. WALTER in the main event and are flying over Titan and Soberano from CMLL. Tickets are still available.

OTT had WALTER/Devlin, Ishii/Riddle and KUSHIDA/Strickland the next day.

I've decided to risk the early morning flight and catch both shows so that should be fun.

Also, I'm glad someone made this thread because I felt like it was my obligation after floating the idea in the questions thread.

OTT have Contenders the next day from that too. That's generally a great show, I think Toni Storm and Matt Riddle are confirmed to be on the show, and they have some of the best of the Irish lads. It's family focused but an excellent time.

I was thinking there ought to be a Euro thread for a while, I don't really follow the US stuff so much any more. Hope it's useful.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I got the VIP weekender ticket which I think includes the contenders show? My Irish friend dealt with ordering the tickets and said that was the ticket he was getting so I went along with it.

Yeah, you get in 5 minutes before genpop. Introduce yourself if you like, I'll be the grey bearded man screamingly drunk front row in the first show, and nursing a fragile hangover with a daughter in the second.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
FYI:

Matt Riddle got removed from the Wrestlerama and Contenders shows on the 18th and 19th of August, he's been replaced by Juice Robinson, so presumably Juice will be in other parts of Europe around then.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, my buddy just texted me to say. Was looking forward to seeing Riddle because I've never seen him before. Seen Juice a few times but still a cool replacement. I assume he's probably doing the RevPro show as well.

Would be cool if they shuffle up the card a little cos Juice/Ishii is a match we could see in NJPW if he's just directly replacing Riddle.

Though I guess that settles that I'll be the guy in the Juice Robinson shirt cos that's one of the shirts I own.

Yeah Riddles great, there's an awesome Riddle/Speedball match, probably like top five live for me, for free on the OTT youtube channel.

I doubt they'll want to change the card unfortunately. The last Ishii thing was him against Jeff Cobb, which one could also see In NJPW. A lot of people would know who Ishii is, but not *really* have seen the matches, so they'll be happy seeing these lads. Although you never know.

Edit: Nope, they're keeping Scotty Juice as is so it's not changing anywhere I reckon.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 19, 2018

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

One thing that's quite appealing about ICW is they have a handful of people who are killer on the mic. Chris Renfrew, Mikey Whiplash (the best of the bunch, IMO), Joe Hendry, Jackie Polo, Viper (their woman's champion, who recently cut a terrific promo ahead of a title defence), Kinky Party (the ICW Tag Champs) and Grado as well. I know lots of people on this forum strongly dislike Grado and I get why, but they used his U.S. fame to great effect in ICW and him and Renfrew had a fantastic back and forth in promos.

A shame Whiplash is retiring soon to run his wrestling school full-time, I think a U.S. promotion could use him in a multitude of roles, ICW tends to use him as a starmaker. He's even nicknamed "The Necromancer" which is a double reference because his gimmick is horror based but's pointed out that feuding with him tends to bring people's careers back from the dead.

They also put these promos up on Youtube, ICW have been VERY savvy about their online presence. One thing that may turn people off about ICW is that a lot of promos have a worked shoot vibe to them, but most of their guys tend to couch it in such a way that you don't have to be too inside WRT the UK scene to understand what's happening.

Now I think about it, I was at an ICW taping in Dublin, it was the night after a big show so everyone was a bit hungover, but at the time, Drew Galloway, Grado and Noam Dar came across as stars, far more than the other lads. Like. Joe Coffey and that were good but I thought he lacked a bit of the charisma that I saw last time he came over. THis was a couple of years ago now. Mic skills are massively important, I think a lot of our lads will struggle as we mostly cut backstage skits pretaped, not talking in front of the crowd.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, Ishii/Juice is still going ahead. I've only ever actually seen either in multimans and never up close so still cool.

The Scotty/Juice match should be good. My friend's made me watch a few of his matches on their streaming service and he seems really good. He's super young too, right?

What makes OTT able to book WWE and NJPW talent on the same card when no-one else seems allowed to any more?

YEah, Scotty's like 18, I think. most of the lads in More than Hype, LEgit 100 and the mongrels, the 3 trios teams we have, are very early twenties.

I think they just haven't pissed anyone off. NJPW will work with anyone who isn't directly connected to WWE, and the ott promoter has connections to talent in WWE. I don't think there's an explicit arrangeent.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
https://vimeo.com/281598670

Here's the promo video for Walter vs. Jordan Devlin at Wrestlerama. It's probably at the level of a WWE promo, showcases what the story is, and what the stakes are.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Oh everyone has noticed that except Progress it feels like.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

My favourite thing about Progress right now is how petulant their social media is. The way they handled the world cup thing was more entertaining than most of their shows this year.

Briley is awful. I think he handled their social media before this too, and just alienated a loving ton of people. Smallman keeps taking it from him. This isn't the first time they've pissed people off.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Progress moving Sunday 25th November to Monday 26th November date. That's a bit of a oval office.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gaz2k21 posted:

Adam “Flex” Maxstead he’s actually a really nice dude and a fun wrestler.

Yeah I saw him after a show and he came over to ask what I thought he could improve and what I liked it didn't like. Very nice and humble.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I thought the show was ok.

They should do picture in picture so wrestlers can explain what they're about a bit while the match is going, like in Superstars back in the 80s. Get some character over. Cut down on the camerawork.

That Crater lad is big, is he anyone in particular? I've never heard of Justin Sysum before. I'd have thought Ospreay would be the better choice to focus on, he's been the top face of promotions before and carried it well, and he's dynamic to watch.

I don't mind the heel GM thing. He wasn't too overbearing. Commentary wasn't great mind.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Phenix Rising posted:

What are some good WXW shows to start off with? I skipped around Superstars of Wrestling a bit because I didn't really want to see nostalgia matches, instead wanting to see the mainstays of the promotion.

16 Carat Gold? That was an amazing show and their regular shotgun show is good too.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Probably the World Tag League would be good too. It's got a lot of domestically produced wrestlers.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Command Bolshoi and Emi Sakura are over in Dublin on Oct 14th, along with Jordynne Grace, for the all women Defiant 2 show. Never seen them but they'll probably pop up in Revpro or somewhere too.

Command Bolshoi is a great name tbh.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
WWE UK have pulled El Ligero and Joseph Conners from a Southside show, the reason Southside gave is WWE don't want to risk their wrestlers within a week of a WWE live show.

This casts a bit of a shadow on Kamikaze Pro, and OTT who have events the same weekend Conners and Ligero were pulled from.

Jordan vs. Walter is the main of Wrestlerama, so I'm worried about that.

there's 4-5 WWE guys on for Kamikaze. It poo poo.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rovert posted:

Southside promoters/owners are spoofers and stroke pullers. Question the source.

Yeah a dude was saying that but there's been nothing to the contrary. Cheers dude.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gumball Gumption posted:

He was back selling merch by the end of the show so hopefully it isn't too bad.

I was at scrapper mania the show which was the last time he hosed himself up for months, he was selling merch there too.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

rovert and von linus, neither of you told me we'd be singing the national anthem

They do that every show. It is great imo and if you don't stand and sing for it we all turn on you and destroy you.

What did you think of the show? I view the promotion as my beautiful son, and I think it's their best poo poo.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Both shows were excellent. That kid who wrestled Juice on the second night was really impressive. Can't believe he's only 17.

Yeah, Scotty Davis, he's amazing. He's got that Kurt Angle speed of movement.

The throwing people headlong into the seats thing pretty much started this show, but they really seem to have taken to the notion.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Even in NJPW it seems to only have really come into vogue this year. Maybe Juice and Ishii want to spread the gospel of sending seats scattering. Juice and Ishii disappearing into the crowd and just hearing glass bottles clattering about was hilarious.

Scotty is in Ospreay's fed as a young lion where he's only allowed to do basic moves like an NJPW young lion which doesn't seem necessary with him lol. There's a lot about Ospreay's company that feels like cargo cult NJPW with him doing things NJPW does without understanding why they do it. (see also: the backstage interviews done in NJPW style when they do them that away to allow the press to interview them)

Also, is Devlin sticking around? That promo on the contenders show, and Devlin and Toni getting pulled with him not being on the poster for the October show seems a little suspicious.

The thing about the Irish crowd is they buy SO much booze at the show because the queues are so long and we're massive alcoholics. Normally I have 3 beers coming to me which is high risk in that situation. I was talking to some lads who had like 50 euro of drinks that were destroyed. They didn't mind so much, but they'd probably have liked to keep the beer on balance.

Yeah I saw he was at the first show, and is wrestling now. I think he's going to turn some heads. He and LJ are probably the standout irish talents, LJ more for talking. He cut a great promo on the last arena show, calling Trent Seven 'Tyler Bate's fat da' which was an experience. Scotty can't talk so well, but I'd hope his work would get him called all over. I'll be interested see Frontline. Ospreay is a nice lad who doesn't think things through, as far as I can see.

No idea about Devlin. He carried the promotion for the last year, did not see this coming at all. The heavy betting (were anyone betting) was that David Starr was going to throw in the towel on the match, when Devlin was still competing in the match, to stop Devlin beating Walter, because Starr can't beat Walter. Or that Maxer would get involved somehow, and help Jordan to win. It was a complete shock to everyone. The clean win was incredible considering Jordan hasn't been pinned or submitted in like 18 months, apart from against Walter 2 months ago in a tag match.

Like it was fairly explicitly based around the Rocky IV plot except Drago beats the poo poo out of Rocky at the end. I would *think* that Devlin will come back, as we don't really have a challenger who is seen as at Devlin's level. But he's out of the next show anyway, maybe to allow time for the NXTUK tapings. I suppose Haskins can jump in to challenge as a former champion with a money in the bank contract, but Devlin feels like the only one built to that level.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, there was a guy who took the seat next to me after everyone got up and went back to different seats and he kept repeating over and over that there was no way Jordan was losing and actually left as soon as WALTER won. I was especially surprised considering Ishii beat WALTER at RevPro which felt so much like a weird reversal of the direction they were going in (WALTER/Suzuki) that I thought maybe WALTER was going to NXT.

(Speaking of Rocky IV, I loved that someone was using Hearts on Fire as an entrance theme)

That's great. I was pretty much 100% Jordan to retain, I thought Walter was in for 3 shows and done, and when they flashed up the poster for the next show, with the two versions depending on who won, I was like 'COME ON MAN, EVERYONE KNOWS JORDAN WILL WIN'

I think actually Sunday's show suffered because I was hungover as hell, but also they had to change the women's match to take account of Toni Storm not being there. The dynamic was changed and it slashed the experience levels. A lot of the women are game but having Toni in there would have made sure they had someone to learn with.

A lot of face/face matches on contenders, like Darren Kearney/Terry Thatcher or May/Maxer, or Juice/Scotty. It makes it hard for them to get fans chanting.

Michael May, yeah. He's good, but the chorus on that kicks in too late. I think he needs to change something about it.

What did you think of Club Tropicana actually? They're one of the teams that came up from Contenders and are massively pathetic. Normally they come out to a Rick James song about loving, so Africa was a complete surprise.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I found the Tropicana shtick funny seeing it for the first time and the ten minute timer bet gimmick was fun. I loved Mark Davis being completely enamoured with them. (Aussie Open had a real breakout weekend also, they had a borderline MOTYC in RevPro and apparently had a banger with White Wolf guys on Sunday). The heel turn at the end was great too. I did expect Shakira when their manager said "let's hear it for Africa" though.

I thought the duelling JUICE/SCOTT-AY chants for the jab/kick exchange was fun for that match. I though Maxer/May was a really good match too fwiw.

Do you know what the deal with Toni is BTW? OTT denied it was the whole NXT UK talent can't work shows 7 days before a taping but then Devlin didn't wrestle that show either...

Were you the guy sitting next to the really enthusiastic guy who was dancing along to everything? I thought that was you based on your description in this thread but wasn't sure.

White Wolf are great, really good babyface fire. I kind of thought Aussie Open would work more heel, but Mark Davis just seems such a loveable puppy. They've had great matches before, but this was their first big match in OTT. Like they've done Contenders before as the main event, and opened in the Tivoli, but this was their first high profile match in al arger venue.

I heard she got injured, Amy got the call at 2am the night before that they needed her, but the injury is just hearsay.

Yeah that was me. I was a lot more active the previous night but I've been out the last few nights and it's been catching up.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I'm not happy about Andy as champ but his promos are always hilarious.

I was there when he won 16 Carat, and it seemed a really odd choice. he's like a dad or something. A prick dad, but a dad.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwVIht8sMFg

The promo video for the last two OTT shows. It's something else.

The stadium show (Oct 13) coming up has Los Ingobernables de Japon (Naito, EVIL, Sanada, BUSHI), Flamita, Bandido, Ospreay, WALTER, Strickland. So they'll probably be around Europe then.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Hey, I spotted myself in that video.

Where were you sitting actually, did you get front/second?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Tickets for the new OTT show on oct 13 are up, 2300 capacity, 70 euro for the first 3 rows, 35 behind that, 30 for unassigned stalls. That's a large piece of change.

They're bringing Naito and LIJ, Flamita, Bandido, WALTER, Ospreay, Strickland over. It should be pretty pretty good. I thinkit's a big risk for them. The Elite was a massive fast sellout, I dunno how fast these will go. They're big names but I dunno how big los ingobernables really are in Europe, what kind of penetration they have.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

is 400k bad for the market there?

Harry Potter afterwards got 2.75 million, so it's really bad. I can't see it being kept unless it's either dirt cheap or something happens to cause an uptick.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1044637035926114305?s=19

OTT have put up the Devlin Walter match, which is phenomenal across the board. Commentary, heat, match.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Did you enjoy it? I got hit with the cream pie, which was nice.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

RevPro's TV show is starting tonight on FreeSport for anyone in the UK.

Will be checking it out.

Here's the 4th year anniversary OTT promo package, if anyone wants to check it out. This guys promo packages are amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyyIcDJ2emM

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

abraham linksys posted:

managed to get a weekend ticket for Progress SSS 16 in May, so guess I'll be flying back over the Atlantic in half a year's time :)

got a ticket in the "yellow area" (rows 2 - 6). wanted front row of course, but those went immediately. it's really wild to me how low the ticket prices are, though. it was like $140 for front row weekend, which is 3 nights of shows! though, i guess the lowest price was $100 for the furthest back section, so the floor is kinda high. still, $50 a front row ticket is the price of, like, the average NYC evolve show. i can't believe they're not charging $80 a night considering these are like BOLA-type cards from what I've heard

oddly, they sell half their tickets directly with no booking fees (yay!) but the other half through a venue presale with booking fees (boo), and i had to go for the latter since they sold out of the yellow area tickets immediately on their own website, but had quite a few left on the venue site. so with that said, ended up paying 110 GBP/~$140 for my seat. expect I'll be getting there very early to get a good spot, yeah? looks like the alexandra palace setup is completely flat (their last show there is on youtube for free, which was nice to get a look), but they've at least got a big screen setup above the ramp. seems like i should be okay in the front 6

i was poking around to figure out if any other promotions had announced anything around the same time, since european promotions always announce the entire loving year in advance somehow (seriously, what the gently caress?), but it looks like the only places with a 2019 schedule up so far are progress themselves, and revpro's cockpit shows, which unfortunately it looks like they've got a show right smack in the middle of the weekend running opposite progress. if, like, OTT or Riptide were running a show the weekend before or after, I might try to make my vacation a week before/after, but I don't really wanna book my flights any later than January, so hope they announce stuff soon

i also just realized this is, like, a month after mania weekend in nyc, so i'm basically going to be completely loving sick of wrestling until at least the end of summer after all that

You could tweet at other promoters if they're planning on running shows near SSS16, I would imagine they'd be thinking about it.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rovert posted:

An upstart Irish promotion beat OTT to the punch:

https://twitter.com/CourageWrestlin/status/1055906772232343552

I don't know what to make of Courage, at all. They made a lot of leftfield choices in who they bring in, plus a lot of the very much younger Irish talent. It feels quite ropey but I'm hopefully wrong.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, I'm sure you're right, but this is a little odd in response to them bringing in PAC.

No, PAC is who I'd bring in all day every day, but TK Cooper isn't exactly hot, there are a few guys where I thought 'I don't know about this', like Paul London, who isn't exactly a massive name these days, to Naas which is miles from anywhere, and then they're donating the profits for the first show to charity, it seemed like a vanity project. Plus given how many they brought in vs. tickets sold, I didn't think they'd have any profits.

But if they're on the up and up and did the first one as a loss leader, more power to them. Certainly, OTT announced PAC for a month or two from now, and then Courage announced him for Nov. 17th. That was a shot across the bows, I think.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I wonder what's goign to happen. Walter is OTT champ, he's off, the top challenger is Jordan, he's presumably heading soonish. The next challenger is Bonesaw, in Northern IReland, he's a tag team wrestler who is great but not exactly main event level as a singles.

Jordan still has to wrestle David Starr to settle the betrayal at the last show, so the time for him to win the title is pretty short. Plus he just surrendered the NLW title.

Arse, anyway.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

HidaO-Win posted:

Dave on the latest WOR was saying OTT have some kind of working relationship with the WWE which surprised him, but he wasn’t sure how it’d affect things going forward.

They're a different market, I guess. It's not like WWE are going to be playing the same venues, they might expect to tour the setup around the UK, but shipping it all to Ireland may be prohibitively expensive given what they expect to make from NXT shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

That's definitely surprising considering how close they are with NJPW. They've even got matches up on NJPW World.

I bet Vince thinks he's Irish. Show him a few videos of OTT wrestlers thumping the brits and singing the national anthem. Bam, special envoy status.