Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
who cares

post here i guess it's all the same bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Ground floor for garbage and scud making excuses for a lovely company

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Can't wait to not play Madden Overdrive.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

call me when they remove the rubberband ai otherwise gently caress off

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Don't play the CPU ever

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is there going to be an N64 league?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

jabro posted:

Is there going to be an N64 league?

Of course. Gotta have a league for the best controller ever.

idiotface
Jul 24, 2003

Diehard Eagles fan here! I'm calling dibs on the Eagles in every league.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Bad game is bad.

I preordered.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 24, 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'll be buying it used like 4 days after release for $57.82. I mean, I'm going to try not to. But I'm gonna.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

I'll be buying it used like 4 days after release for $57.82. I mean, I'm going to try not to. But I'm gonna.

so woke......

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I've never owned a Madden game. I may purchase Madden 19 for PC.

I see there are different editions of the game, and the HoF edition comes with stuff like: gold team fantasy packs, training pack, an "elite player", etc. What are the packs? What's an elite player?

How many different DLC/etc is EA going to try and get me to buy during the season?

What do I need to know about getting milked for money before I pay EA for this game?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dont buy it op

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
did they really gently caress Franchise mode all up because I can just play 18 some more I guess

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'll buy it on PC I guess. because I hate myself.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
for people unsure about the game who are getting it on pc important to note that origin access premier comes out today apparently, its 15$ a month and lets you play this on thursday, and the version you get is the 80$ HOF edition.

If you're on the fence or don't think you'll play for long, do origin access premier and play for a month and then if you feel the urge later you can buy it half off for black friday or whatever and still save yourself 15$ in the long run.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

did they really gently caress Franchise mode all up because I can just play 18 some more I guess

do not buy this for franchise if you already have 18 its the exact same loving thing

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

do not buy this for franchise if you already have 13 14 15 16 17 18 its the exact same loving thing

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Is there an Xbox league?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
guys im gunna probably buy this lovely game and play franchise and i will play the ps4 league i guess.

is there any other poo poo i can do in MUT between now and next friday? can you also explain to me what the gently caress this ricky williams poo poo is he's my fav RB

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Dubious posted:

do not buy this for franchise if you already have 18 its the exact same loving thing
ummm unless you’re in the cool goon league, you mean. Because yeah it’s the only reason I buy this game.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

don't play mut

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Waroduce posted:

is there any other poo poo i can do in MUT between now and next friday? can you also explain to me what the gently caress this ricky williams poo poo is he's my fav RB

dont play mut

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

quote:

The song, “Big Bank” by YG featuring 2 Chainz, Big Sean and Nicki Minaj, is one of several songs featured on “Madden 19.” In the song, Big Sean raps the following lyrics:

quote:

Feed me to the wolves now I lead the pack and s***
You boys all cap, I’m more Colin Kaepernick

In these words, Big Sean expresses his admiration for Kaepernick as someone who is focused on being true to himself instead of playing up his accomplishments, as explained by genius.com. Furthermore, Kaepernick connects back to the previous line. He led the Nevada Wolf Pack as the starting quarterback from 2007-2010. He holds program records for both passing touchdowns and rushing touchdowns.

ProFootballTalk confirmed that Kaepernick’s name was omitted in an advance copy of the game, just as all the other words deemed too profane for a game rated “E” for everyone.
https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernicks-name-edited-song-madden-19-girlfriend-wants-know-181225951.html

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
https://twitter.com/AntoDaBoss/status/1024656284581330945?s=19

Watch after the interception for a fun example of Madden halfassery

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Madden the past couple years has both looked very good and then sometimes very bad graphically. Its weird.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I've been playing on PC and it looks great a lot of the times that I kinda forget I am seeing a video game but other times you get really weird funkiness with terrible camera effects where it looks like the model didn't load its so blurry. Like a bad depth of field or something. That's without getting into the weird animation stuff and guys clipping through each other.

Oh well what are you gonna do. I've been pretty impressed with the PC version and the load times are basically non existent.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Graphics in 18 were generally decent I felt but even outside of gameplay issues and rubberbanding and all that there's always just bizarre poo poo I can't make sense of like this

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I think I'm going to run another goons in the nfl league now that there's a PC version and custom draft classes since it'll be much easier to put people into the league. I'll probably make a thread about it tomorrow.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
any feedback for CFM?

also is the ps4 league a thing ill play this year i guess hopefully i dont get smacked by another hurricane week 2

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Waroduce posted:

any feedback for CFM?

After playing it for a few hours in trial it's basically the same thing with a fresh coat of paint. The way experience is doled out is definitely a time saver but in the long run I feel like it may make player progression less engaging (on the other hand it's harder to cheese). The dumb video of your coach in his office during menus add nothing to the game and neither do the random screenshots it projects on the wall. The scheme fit thing is interesting but it kind of makes you feel like drafting anyone other than a scheme fit is a waste. Contracts are still broken and the game can't mirror the way contracts are structured in real life, nor do they scale in a realistic way (you'll still be signing superstar QBs for under 20 million a year).

So all in all... it's just alright. I'll have to play longer to see if some of the more prevalent long term issues come out (like teams running out of money or not fielding full rosters).

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

So all in all... it's just alright. I'll have to play longer to see if some of the more prevalent long term issues come out (like teams running out of money or not fielding full rosters).

they do its the exact same logic

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Hurray!

In other news this game has trouble running on my PC despite the fact that I blow the recommended specs out of the water. I don't know why I trusted EA to optimize this game properly but hey, that's on me.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Waroduce posted:

any feedback for CFM?

also is the ps4 league a thing ill play this year i guess hopefully i dont get smacked by another hurricane week 2
Yes join the Discord
https://discord.gg/tghHhtv

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Stylish.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

On PS4 Pro is anyone else finding that the kicking slider is almost impossible because there's very weird lag? All the menus and overlays seem really laggy with lots of hitches and pauses but that one in particular makes it nearly impossible to kick properly.

Edit: hard rebooting the PS4 Pro fixed it. Menus are still slow as gently caress and kicking is slightly janky but it's not off by like .5 seconds like it was.

ssb fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 10, 2018

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I redboxed this, last madden I have played is probably the Vince young cover.. I got beat 34-0 and dude put Sam darnold in the 2nd half to give himself a handicap lol

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Are screen passes working for anyone? Probably 80% of mine the running back gets stuck on a lineman and so his "throw to" button stays greyed out for way too long and I'm always sacked because the game won't let me throw the ball.

Edit: throwing animation in general seems a lot longer than 18.

ssb fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 11, 2018

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

shortspecialbus posted:

Are screen passes working for anyone? Probably 80% of mine the running back gets stuck on a lineman and so his "throw to" button stays greyed out for way too long and I'm always sacked because the game won't let me throw the ball.

Edit: throwing animation in general seems a lot longer than 18.

I played one game yesterday and 3/3 screen attempts got sacked.

I hope Jon Bois brings back Breaking Madden I bet the PC version is gonna get pretty crazy unless EA has locked it down too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Game will be unplayable until a patch like always