Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

shortspecialbus posted:

I haven't touched this game in months. Are screen passes "fixed" from where they were at launch? Are middle linebackers still incredibly good at intercepting bullet passes?

yes to both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
The game is fun to play right now as long as you play in the goon league

Oberst
May 24, 2010

shortspecialbus posted:

I haven't touched this game in months. Are screen passes "fixed" from where they were at launch? Are middle linebackers still incredibly good at intercepting bullet passes?

they work but require set up and a hb with srr; non athletic linebackers can't make the same kind of catches, athletic ones definitely still can

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
So I did end up getting madden for my Xbox one and holy poo poo this game is buggy. Every time I scored a touchdown it froze before the PAT and I had to quit out and reenter the game. Then with two minutes left and me on defense after an incompletion the game half froze. The two teams just stood around huddling and the play call options would not appear for me to select. I could pause but not sim a play or call a timeout or anything to maybe progress. So I quit out and came back in again. I pick a play but no players spawn on the screen. Had to call a time out that time to fix it. I would understand more if we were at launch and this was happening but it’s almost December. poo poo like this should have been patched out. Is there something I can do to mitigate this nonsense?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Epi Lepi posted:

So I did end up getting madden for my Xbox one and holy poo poo this game is buggy. Every time I scored a touchdown it froze before the PAT and I had to quit out and reenter the game. Then with two minutes left and me on defense after an incompletion the game half froze. The two teams just stood around huddling and the play call options would not appear for me to select. I could pause but not sim a play or call a timeout or anything to maybe progress. So I quit out and came back in again. I pick a play but no players spawn on the screen. Had to call a time out that time to fix it. I would understand more if we were at launch and this was happening but it’s almost December. poo poo like this should have been patched out. Is there something I can do to mitigate this nonsense?

I have had zero bugs so far, that sucks. Make sure your graphics drivers are totally up to date?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Zaphod42 posted:

I have had zero bugs so far, that sucks. Make sure your graphics drivers are totally up to date?

Xbone doesn't exactly have graphics drivers.

It does sound like something is wrong though, I've not heard of bugs like that. Although to be fair I haven't been paying a ton of attention to the news about this game. You're sure you're on the latest update?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I love how in certain modes the xbox will take an automatic video clip after a touchdown and if you're just powering through the menus it perfectly times a a big grey box popping in directly over the PAT indicator that you just started triggering lmfao

I mean yeah I'm sure you can and should turn that off but I'm lazy and it's still dumb as hell

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I love how in certain modes the xbox will take an automatic video clip after a touchdown and if you're just powering through the menus it perfectly times a a big grey box popping in directly over the PAT indicator that you just started triggering lmfao

I mean yeah I'm sure you can and should turn that off but I'm lazy and it's still dumb as hell

I thought the captures were what was causing my game to lock up but I got some captures for cool defensive plays that didn't cause a lock up and I scored a touchdown that didn't provoke a capture but did cause a lock up.

I uninstalled the game this morning and left my console on to reinstall while I'm at work, hopefully that helps.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I've never had any of that happen

Are you a devout Christian? because it could be G-d or a guardian angel trying to protect you from this bad game.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've never had any of that happen

Are you a devout Christian? because it could be G-d or a guardian angel trying to protect you from this bad game.

I’m the opposite so maybe god is trying to assert his existence by loving with me.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I successfully played a game with no crashes. But then my starting QB tore his pectoral in the first game of the season and is out for 34 weeks(!?!).

I always feel like I'm cheating if I turn off injuries, but having to trade multiple picks for Tyrod Taylor makes me want to do it.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ew stop playing this game on xbox you heathens

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Palms is better than quarters. Change my mind

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Oberst posted:

Palms is better than quarters. Change my mind

Engage 8 is the best

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Sir that's a,cover 3 blitz not a cover 4

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I haven't played Madden since like ps2 days. Rookie difficulty is like painfully easy for me (every game is 40-0 or worse) but bumping it up just to semi-pro or whatever the next is, it becomes really really hard. I'm constantly struggling to pull ahead, and then they intercept and make up the points and beat me, its rough.

I just need to git gud I guess but man.

Its too easy to press A to try to skip some video thing and accidentally end up selecting the A play without even seeing what it was.

And its frustrating that you can call an audible but then can't snap the ball until every player is perfectly in position, even if that means a delay of game flag. I get you want people in formation but everybody but one dude is lined up, pretty sure it counts as legal, please just snap the drat ball before *whistle* dangit.

Also once I pressed A to snap the ball but nothing happened, so I pressed A again, but then he snapped and instantly threw the ball to the A receiver without me pushing anything. Inputs are weirdly delayed and can be queued up way longer than they should be.

Biggest complaint though is just how much focus there is on the create a team mode so you buy player packs. That stuff doesn't appeal to me at all and there's constantly drat ads for it in the middle of the game I paid money for. Just wanna play the game with teams as they are in the nfl right now thanks please leave me alone EA :(

shortspecialbus posted:

Xbone doesn't exactly have graphics drivers.

Oh poo poo, derp. :doh: Although, wow, you'd think console would really be stable.

Blow some canned air in your console maybe? IDK

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Never play any difficulty besides all-pro

Oberst
May 24, 2010

If only there was a Xbox league for wayward idiots with xboxs.....

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oberst posted:

Ew stop playing this game on xbox you heathens

I am playing on Xbox One X, and to be fair the game is beautiful on that system because its native 4K/HDR and 60fps. I haven't had any issues other than Madden 19 is a bad football sim that isn't realistic.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I haven’t had a crash since I reinstalled so game isn’t the worst thing ever anymore. I did lose a game because my dumb rear end let time expire instead of kicking a FG for a tie though so I’m still mad at Madden.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont play madden but i sometimes buy doritos at 7-11 so heres a code for a Doritos® Blaze Madden NFL 19 Ultimate Team Pack i found in my email
e: for xbox i guess

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I am playing on Xbox One X, and to be fair the game is beautiful on that system because its native 4K/HDR and 60fps. I haven't had any issues other than Madden 19 is a bad football sim that isn't realistic.

im so so sorry for you lmao

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
bought madden half off on PC this year thinking it'd be linked to xbone

yeah, you hosed me good EA

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

bought madden half off on PC this year thinking it'd be linked to xbone

yeah, you hosed me good EA

???? the only person who hosed you is you.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Have there been any non-Microsoft titles that were Play Anywhere? I've only ever gotten it from Forza and Sea of Thieves. I didn't think any third party titles had it but I'll admit I haven't looked much. They do all say Play Anywhere in the features at least if they do, so you can look for that.

Edit: I guess there are some but I don't see a lot of big games in there that weren't Microsoft-published.

Edit2: better link.

ssb fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 23, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Its only a thing on the microsoft store anyway so idk why anyone would think "oh wow i got the game on origin i can play on my xbox!"

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

That too.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I just assumed they'd link the auction houses because, gently caress it, why wouldn't they? Now I'm stuck with this gay rear end game no one plays. Maybe it's for the best.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lol what

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

I just assumed they'd link the auction houses because, gently caress it, why wouldn't they? Now I'm stuck with this gay rear end game no one plays. Maybe it's for the best.

you know origin has a super chill refund policy and you can probably get your money back no problem, right.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I play off line career and sim seems to be broken and weird. Idk.

I wish there was a football manager equivalent for american football it's all I want in my life

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Playing for the first time in a long time and now it’s crashed three times in the span of an hour. Did some patch on xbone x break the game

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Apparently I bought football Doritos so here's a MUT code (xbox one):

TRDCR-X??JC-R?79G-?J6CG-YR7YZ

? = Trois

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I swore I wouldn't get Madden It's A Higher Number Edition this year but drat it I got the fancy delux version for just thirty bucks stupid holiday sale :argh:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

I swore I wouldn't get Madden It's A Higher Number Edition this year but drat it I got the fancy delux version for just thirty bucks stupid holiday sale :argh:

You overpaid by $29.99 + tax.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
The PC version of the game freezes every time it goes to OT. It’s been in the game since launch and hasn’t been fixed.

There is a workaround, but still, effort.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Democrazy posted:

The PC version of the game freezes every time it goes to OT. It’s been in the game since launch and hasn’t been fixed.

There is a workaround, but still, effort.

I had this issue on the Xbox too, as well as freezes when certain penalties are called. Mad annoying.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

hopterque posted:

Its only a thing on the microsoft store anyway so idk why anyone would think "oh wow i got the game on origin i can play on my xbox!"

Thats how things should work in a better world, but this isn't that world.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao at every moron with an Xbox version of this game getting owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

NEW RULES FOR THE MADDEN LEAGUE

Free Agency and the Waiver Wire

We are introducing a ‘Waiver Wire’ process to govern over all off-season/in-season free agency to add a bit more structure and another level of realism to the team management process.

>All 'Free Agents' 75 ovr or higher will require a bid

>Submit your bid by posting in the ‘Waiver Claims’ thread (see forum)

>If no one has put in an additional claim (which is time stamped) after 24 hrs the thread will be locked and the Free Agent will be available for you to sign (LIMIT ONE CLAIM PER 24 HRS – NO MULTIPLE PLAYER CLAIMS)

>If multiple users claim the same player, the team with lower numerical draft pick will be awarded the player like in the NFL.

>All ‘Free Agents’ 74 ovr or lower are still first come first serve and are limited to two pick-ups per advanced week.

If anyone has a question feel free to contact an admin. (K's and P's DO NOT count they can be signed in addition to the other two players - So long as their rating does not require a bid)

2-Each team MUST maintain a 53 man roster (IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 53 YOU WILL FORFEIT DRAFT A PICK/S – to be determined by the admins)