Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rOIUUVFRKc

comes out in one month :greencube:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
oh man it has an sdk

http://www.zachtronics.com/virtualnetwork/

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i gave up on opus magnum in the final chapter of the story because it got way too hard

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
yospos bithc. (i didn't go back when they added the extra hard stuff, even the first challenge level i couldn't figure out)

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

ready 2 hack the gibson

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

seeing scores from other yosposters in Shenzhen I/O made me self-conscious

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Toady posted:

seeing scores from other yosposters in Shenzhen I/O made me self-conscious

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
finally some good news

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
this looks hekkin sweet

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How come there wasn't a yospos thread about octopath. One of the 8 characters is a nerd that likes books.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
is that game actually good or is it like bravely segfault

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

preordered :c00lbert:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
hell yeah, keen for this one

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
:hellyeah:

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

oh man it has linux support! nice

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Looks good, makes me want to play uplink again. Completed opus and never finished shenzen because I couldn't figure out how to do the scales one in a single processor

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i went back to shenzem last night to finish it off. one stupid bug left on the big one and i can open this drat envelope but it was like 2 am by then. fucken zach games. turns out jsbor is the only other yosgoon to get that far so don't feel bad.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my body was not ready for this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i for one am excite

i’m usually
useless at these games and don’t have the patience to get thru once we get into medium difficulty but i have fun on the way there

but kinda wish i didn’t know about this until it was available to play

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
someone pulled the zine from i guess still frames from the video?

https://imgur.com/a/TZEZx7N#taBNu9S

sick

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
teaching kids how to program assembly thru cool zines

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
thinking about it the instruction set and more importantly the register/state space is much much larger than even the shenzen i/o model. could lead to some ridiculously hard problems. scratch memory with a cursor in files, message passing, multiple registers, forking, swizzling + modulus operators, should be fully sick.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

thinking about it the instruction set and more importantly the register/state space is much much larger than even the shenzen i/o model. could lead to some ridiculously hard problems. scratch memory with a cursor in files, message passing, multiple registers, forking, swizzling + modulus operators, should be fully sick.

does it have parameterised subroutines though, that's the main thing that has annoyed me about all zach games i've played. want to do some logic in two different parts of the solution? just duplicate it all!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
you can fork/spawn and have it start at a label so you could like, jump however far in to an unrolled loop. Or you could write a file with instructions then fork something to read it and carry out the instructions. idk!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

you can fork/spawn and have it start at a label so you could like, jump however far in to an unrolled loop. Or you could write a file with instructions then fork something to read it and carry out the instructions. idk!

yeah execing a file would be sweeeet

now to dynamically edit the file's contents before execing it and soon it'll be too much like work

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

gonadic io posted:

yeah execing a file would be sweeeet

now to dynamically edit the file's contents before execing it and soon it'll be too much like work

Call the studio and ask them for technical support debugging your code.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

gonadic io posted:

does it have parameterised subroutines though, that's the main thing that has annoyed me about all zach games i've played. want to do some logic in two different parts of the solution? just duplicate it all!

it looks like there is registers so just come up with your own calling convention

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

My main complaint about the previous few games is they peg my processor and make my fans go nuts while the game is doing… nothing?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
unity lol

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

George posted:

bravely segfault

mods

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pardot posted:

My main complaint about the previous few games is they peg my processor and make my fans go nuts while the game is doing… nothing?

lmao you’re on a mac lap right

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

echinopsis posted:

lmao you’re on a mac lap right

yuuuuup

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wanna do the pre order and get the zines irl

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
didnt really feeel the vibe of the last game. wasnt for me

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

echinopsis posted:

wanna do the pre order and get the zines irl

I just did, those zines look rad and I want a physical copy.

You didn't like Shenzhen IO or did they have something else? I thought you had the thread where we all shared out best things.

I did get tired of it after about 20 hours or so, but it was well made and fun and I wanna support them. I can only really play when I take some time off though, not really something I wanna do after work.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

ADINSX posted:

You didn't like Shenzhen IO or did they have something else? I thought you had the thread where we all shared out best things.

I did get tired of it after about 20 hours or so, but it was well made and fun and I wanna support them. I can only really play when I take some time off though, not really something I wanna do after work.

you missed opus magnum, which was a callback to one of zach's old-school flash game series

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i finished shenzen last night. well, got the credit sequence. there's a second campaign that's god knows how long tho :suicide:

beat jabor on 1/3 metrics so i'm calling it good.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i finished shenzen last night. well, got the credit sequence. there's a second campaign that's god knows how long tho :suicide:

beat jabor on 1/3 metrics so i'm calling it good.

don't think i actually finished the bonus campaign (i don't think it's that long, but some of them are pretty tricky)

you should play my workshop puzzle, i thought it was rather interesting: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=809346938

e: i also didn't technically finish the main campaign either, since one of the levels got updated after i did it and i didn't bother going back

Jabor fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 21, 2018

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ADINSX posted:

nah I did like shenzen, it was the alchemy one I didnt feel

I went to preorder but 44usd is steep. will just buy 20 bucc steam one

i buy every xachtronics games. they are the best.

wish tis-100 was released as a super lean computing footprint game so i could play it on my mbp out and about without frying the processor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
For a company that makes a bunch of games that are obsensibly about optimizing code, they are horrible at optimizing their own code.

• Locked thread