Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
My list is in.

It would be nice if you didn't get penalized for having a shorter list. I was really reaching for the last couple of unfavorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Poque posted:

I'm having some trouble remembering some exceptionally cool dudes to put on my ballot this year. I also have four Cubs already which is the max I'm willing to go full homer on. Please plug more cool dudes for me.

Oh man, four from your team is considered full homer? I don't think I have four who aren't from the Jays.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I was pretty much just trying to uphold Xenophon's ( :rip: ) rules, but I guess I can change it next year, assuming that it wouldn't actually ruin anything.

It's my first time too. It could be a good rule, but it wound up with me looking over the Yankee's roster being like, "I guess Brett Gardner has a dumb face, I remember thinking that last time we played them."

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

What's to hate? Causing loads and loads of trouble for the Jays, I assume?

Also that stupid loving pose.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Tom Gorman posted:

Reveal yourselves you cowards

He's a showboat, y'all talk about him way too much, and I am a grumpy old white man at heart.

YeahTubaMike posted:

What's to hate? Blew a three run save against the Manny Machado-less Baltimore Orioles. :colbert:

Pretty sure that's exactly why I put him on my list.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

I literally quoted you. :) I couldn't figure out why anyone else would hate Tyler Clippard. The podcast whose heart logo I posted in my OP even exalts him in its theme song. He's great.

I just realized that Clippard and Baez are ranked where they are because me and only me voted for both of them. Maybe you should just do the Top 10 Favourite/Least Favourite next year?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
I honestly love that Trout's such a glass of warm milk.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
I hate Reyes because he's proof that the MLB doesn't care about domestic violence at all. At least Osuna and Chapman bring something to the table that the teams are overlooking their crimes for. You only play Reyes if domestic violence means literally nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

3DHouseofBeef posted:

Yeah, it's not the number of places, it's that you didn't understand finishing hierarchy. Ties for the same place push the next spot lower so you still have 25 winners total regardless of rank. Even if 5 end up in second place, the next available place is 7th; not 3rd. Following that rule, your lists are:

On the one hand, this makes perfect sense and is absolutely the way it should be done. On the other hand that means Pillar misses out and that is bad.

• Locked thread