Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I will do this before the deadline!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I filled my top ten list easily but my hated list is lacking this year because a lot of the guys who are usually on it are no longer eligible

remind me of some guys to hate, goons. I generally just use the hate list for people who hit their wives and girlfriends, that sort of thing, but maybe I'm just forgetting a bunch of them

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Hey that filled my last couple of spots. Ballot sent.

Was depressing to move Osuna from favorites to least favorites. :(

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I totally missed some great players on my favorites list like Beltre and Martinez, great lists

I like to wait and see how it all shakes out before I post mine to compare how I did in line with the rest of SAS

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Pancakes posted:

For me it's specifically that he called the tester an anti-Semite. If he'd called the guy a liar and tried to ruin his career this publicly I'd still think he's a scumbag but he'd be much lower, maybe 9 or 10 on the list if he even ranked. Antisemitism is very clearly still a real and dangerous problem and to immediately go there to try to take the heat off of your own cheating while trying to ruin the tester was what put him so far over the line for me. Beyond that, alleging the tester was driven by antisemitism goes beyond trying to fight the charges or even undermine him professionally, it's effectively trying (whether intentionally or unintentionally) to ruin the man's life.

this is also why he is on my list, but he's floating in the middle because I don't see him much as a resident of the AL East

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Pancakes posted:

:whatup: to whomever gave Piscotty another point by voting him 10.

:whatup:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Julio Cruz posted:

Man, I knew Piscotty's mom had recently passed away, I didn't know he requested a trade to be near her, that's awesome (also really sad).

For those who don't know the story, there's also this, his first AB back after her passing. Emotional moment: https://www.mlb.com/news/stephen-piscotty-hits-emotional-home-run/c-276820184

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sorry Gregerson, I should have given your spot to Osuna.

Don't worry, I think he'll make the list.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

zapplez posted:

Mookie is one of the few Red Sox I can stand and thats impressive considering my long standing hate for all the sawks considering im a jays fan.

Also he could be a near pro bowler, and that is the coolest in my books.

yeah I agree with this 100% but I still forgot to put him on my list lol

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Here is a nice article about Josh Donaldson that will probably make you like him more. :shobon:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Stroman and Sanchez had some sort of falling out that they don't talk about.

Stroman was on my list, he's a great pitcher (despite a rough start this year), does good community work, and brings a ton of fire/personality which is something that I wish more of MLB had.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Lindor is cool and is another who could have been on my list.

Odor was definitely on mine. Being a Jays fan, he will be a villain forever. Plus just in general he's a piece of poo poo

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I forgot to post my list.

Most Favorite
1. Marcus Stroman
2. Jose Altuve
3. Javier Baez
4. Josh Donaldson
5. Joey Votto
6. Jose Bautista
7. Yangervis Solarte
8. Yasiel Puig
9. Justin Turner
10. Stephen Piscotty

Least Favorite
1. Rougned Odor
2. Trevor Bauer
3. Chase Utley
4. Aroldis Chapman
5. Ryan Braun
6. Roberto Osuna
7. Josh Hader
8. Matt Bush
9. Daniel Murphy
10. Jose Reyes

My LF probably aren't in order if I put more thought into it, but I did it quickly, which is also why I missed many great players. Seriously, thanks for doing this YeahTubaMike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They were both in my top 5 :allears:

Same and that says a lot given my lists' blatant homerism

• Locked thread