Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I draw and paint as a hobby. I'm not good. I took AP 2D design in 12th grade but flunked because i couldn't finish a composition to save my life. Thanks weed, but i still used that time to draw and gently caress around.

I bet a ton of y'all did too. I'm gonna share some of the stuff i'm happy with that i have scans of. if this doesn't just completely fail as a thread idea i have some more i can put up. Years ago i put some of this up on the CC subforum and the critique was that it was HS level nonsense, and that it is! so let's just post our HS level drivel and enjoy/laugh/whatever. I know GBS has several actually good artists but I'd like to see more than just them show up in here. If you've got old art you wanna post fuckin' do it!!!!!

Imo, the weirder the better.

Some weird thing. Took me nearly a year of on/off work to make this. tcompression kinda fucks up the details but It's my favorite thing of my own making.

Probably an unconscious self portrait. I dunno. I did this very quickly, i think it was mostly done in about an hour or so. but i love it anyway

i dunno. post!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

my art owns

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

im not that good but it's fun as heck and is still extremely cool even if it's not good

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I love that dogge

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I did this in kindergarten

it's an allegory for wasteful government spending

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
2003 (high school, no weed)

2008 (college, yes weed)

today (:420::420::420:)

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 19, 2018

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

xmas prezzie for nooner <3

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Does music count as art?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If not here is something I made yesterday:

I know it's pretty good but I don't want anyone to feel intimidated by my work

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
from high school, drawn in my friends basement the night we all first took shrooms:

also from high school, maybe freshman year? when i was still playing dnd:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I used to draw lots and was alright, but never mastered perspective. Now I'm a 3d animator so I don't have to worry about perspective but I also don't draw much.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Luvcow posted:

from high school, drawn in my friends basement the night we all first took shrooms:

also from high school, maybe freshman year? when i was still playing dnd:

I have something i drew on my first mushroom trip. However most of it was pencilled in and age has made it look pretty bad.

Come om GBS lets see more youngster art. Ive got half a dozen scan candidates for later tonight im just lazy as hell. Id put up some already scanned work but doing it via mobile is a pain so im waiting a while to do it via laptop

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
I like to draw stuff

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

basic hitler posted:

I have something i drew on my first mushroom trip. However most of it was pencilled in and age has made it look pretty bad.

Come om GBS lets see more youngster art. Ive got half a dozen scan candidates for later tonight im just lazy as hell. Id put up some already scanned work but doing it via mobile is a pain so im waiting a while to do it via laptop

YES! this is a good thread idea but not sure if people will post

:ohdear:

Communist Toast posted:

I like to draw stuff

this is really good

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

My goal for the summer is to get super good at 3D art and this is what I've came up with so far

Kyron fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 20, 2018

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys

Luvcow posted:

this is really good

Thanks Luv!

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
https://imgur.com/a/NaCbCAG

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I did a painting of Monstro from the Binding of Isaac and it turned into a still frame of the game basically, it's the first time I've ever painted

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
LOL im sooo embarrassed. We all had to start somewhere though, right.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

classic low-t post

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Lame rear end thomas kinkaideesque drek!!!

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Here's a lovely drawing from my highschool days.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

Hey roomie Nitz guy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This is actually from 2016, after buying a cheap watercolor set and screwing around, but anyway~

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

the shower room scene from Michael Bays classic film The Rock, drawn in the style of Picasso's Guernica

the zodiac and his dicknose

im a Lebowski, you're a lebowski

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I make interactive installations :sun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gs8gWRMS-o

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
hello i made this just for all of you

https://imgur.com/a/VGxIutY

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can't be arsed to dig out old notebooks and stuff r/n but this thread is A+ and I might even hook up my scanner just for it OP!

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

I want to know more about how you did this, how you got into doing things like this etc

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

Its Guybrush Threepwood! Nice!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Gatekeeper posted:

the shower room scene from Michael Bays classic film The Rock, drawn in the style of Picasso's Guernica

you're a good man, gatekeeper brown

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This rules.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

my friend gregg holding the baby from eraserhead

from a gbs thread in which i painted requests, nicholas cage from raising arizona as the waiter at the last supper in which Jesus and pals are eating pizza and drinking diet Coke

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Aight here's some recent crud I guess:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm making an animated PSA for an environmental group. They wanted a talking cartoon froggish character. I gave them 5 design choices that we could start with and they chose 4.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Most of these drawings are v neat. I've always enjoyed looking at art but I've never had an ounce of creativity. I've never been able to get the hang of drawing and now that I'm in me late 20's I just have no enthusiasm to try get into another hobby I just give up after a few months.
What age did ya'll start at?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

There's other art you can explore! I'm terrible with paints, pens and pencils but picked up photography this year. With a basic understanding of how a camera works you can create some really cool poo poo to express yourself and how you view the world. Or get into writing, or maybe sculpture might be your jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Most of these drawings are v neat. I've always enjoyed looking at art but I've never had an ounce of creativity. I've never been able to get the hang of drawing and now that I'm in me late 20's I just have no enthusiasm to try get into another hobby I just give up after a few months.
What age did ya'll start at?

I started drawing around 5th grade after I saw my buddy draw a dinosaur... you can just DRAW THEM?

From then we started our own comic in 6th grade based on the ultra violet Itchy and Scratchy which was basically two beetles trying to kill each other each day.

I've done 4 Go pitches to Frederator Studios, preparing a 5th, and a TV series pitch.

Also, you can start at any age. I am 38 and only started taking on clients in my 30s. I did neuroscience and animal behavior gar-bage for years until I realized it wasn't making me happy. Be happy.

Don't give up is my biggest word of advice. The reason why you give up usually is because you reached a roadblock of skill and the frustration drove you away. Sure call it boredom if you want, but I bet if you put in more than a few months and fought through that feeling you would look back and be proud of whatever you made.

And then you do it again. And each time you get a little better at your skill. You don't become a master overnight and you won't even be a novice in a few months, but a year later? A couple of years later? It all pays off. Look at loving George W Bush... The guy isn't rockwell, but he has at least went from 5th grade skill level to high school!

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 21, 2018