Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I kinda think we may not need two separate threads for ESA since past years it's been like three people discussing it live, but I'm guessing at least it has a bit more interest now? Hopefully we'll see some fun stuff. (I know we will, though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Seconding Hollow Knight. Very nice run, solid commentary and funny donations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ESA so far has been what I expected from previous years: a more goofier version of GDQ.

Be sure to watch Tony Hawk's American wasteland later, it has fun action and commentary, and stay for the incentive bonus THUG 2 afterwards! (it's not over 'til it's over)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Geoguessr was just the kind of goofy fun I hoped it would be. And seriously impressive skills too.

We also made some donations towards naming Quina in the upcoming FFIX run Punchy, so if you want to make a donation for a good cause, put it in the right place.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

parabolic posted:

SuccintandPunchy's Silent Hill 3 run was entertaining and engaging despite the fact that he had to deal with some major technical issues that affected the strats. He adapted very well and really showed some skills. Well done, looking forward to Celeste!

Punchy's corrupted difficulty % run was great and even a WR

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

From the "Silly animal games block" I'd recommend at least the Pingu game and Wild animal racing.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm like 15 minutes into the LA Noire run and I can already say it's going on my recommendations list.

He forgets to turn off the DLC and as a result has a case he has no idea how to solve. Hilarity ensues.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

It's a 70-star relay race with two teams, so, 140 runners. Chaos is guaranteed.

I'm doing Star 25: Bully the Big Bully on Team 2.

This is regarding the Mario 64 relay on Friday. Now, in this case I hope the schedule will be pushed back a bit because right now it's set to start at 15.28 local time (14.28 sweden) which is like early morning in US east coast (7 hours?).

But I'm writing this to encourage you to get up early and watch that run, because it's gonna be f*ing awesome, if last year was any indication. You don't want to miss it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Healbot posted:

The Awful block gets a recommendation because it's 15 weird games in 30 minutes.

That was another great "only in ESA" moment.

Arabian Nights was fun, but I'd recommend first watching the original run from kotti in AGDQ 2018, then follow up with this one.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 25, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'll recommend the Jedi Academy run, super fast action all the way, great and enthusiastic commentary all the way and a real good finish.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Also throwing a recommendation for Hitman: Blood money. I'm gonna quote the runner kotti here:

quote:

It's fun when things go wrong

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Some runs are on the ESA Youtube account, probably more coming later.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, from what I saw live, have to catch some VODs still:

Stream 1

- Hollow Knight - good tech and commentary and some nice cosplay too
- Tony Hawk's American wasteland - even if you're not familiar with TH games this is a real fun run with a good banter going on
- El Matador - bouncing through the scenery
- Geoguessr - How on earth can they run Geoguessr?? Watch and find out, an awesome run
- Silent Hill 3 - Despite the game working against him, Punchy pulls through, some great goon donations as well
- Bionic Commando Rearmed - Had a dev both playing and commenting the run
- Battletoads - TMR gets crowned the king of speedruns and pulls off the impossible
- Arabian Nights - Watch the Kotti run from AGDQ 2018 first and then this one. It's great
- Celeste - Punchy with a real impressive run here with great commentary
- Batman: The video game - How close can a race get?
- Super Mario 64 relay race - It's chaos, it's fun, it's one of the best runs of the event
- Star Wars Jedi Academy - High-speed action, action, action
- Hitman: Blood money - To quote Kotti: "It's fun when things go wrong"
- Awful games relay - the way awful games are meant to be played

Stream 2

- Dog's Life - live routing
- Pingu - GOODPLAY
- Wild Animal Racing - this a thing you should see
- LA Noire - The glorious trainwreck
- The Useful Dead - Kenny shows off a game with an interesting death abuse mechanic

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

CrashCat posted:

And just to be even more contrarian I hate live chat TV IV style threads and every time I brought up my bookmarks there were like 300 new posts so I didn't open it. Today if I open it up to a random page I get some page full of posts that make no sense because I have no context and everyone was live posting. They're useless to anyone who isn't hanging out in that thread live at the time the thing is happening. But if you don't want to deal with it that's fine with me, you know I have several other places to talk about it at my own pace. :geno:

That's precisely why we have had 2 threads for GDQ's lately. One for reaction chat posting and one for questions, recommendations etc. that would otherwise be lost in the chaos. We are just saying that for ESA the amount of posts is still fairly moderate that we will all probably fit in the same thread.

• Locked thread