Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Halcyon City! There’s no place like it, anywhere else on earth. And to those who call it home, there’s no place better. Halcyon City is a massive, bustling megalopolis. Gleaming silver skyscrapers adorn its business districts, and assorted streets, bridges, and rails crisscross its body. Countless people from countless cultures and walks of life populate this great city. It’s a contradictory and wonderful combination of darkness, crime, corruption, and flaws, built on the errors of the past alongside light, hope, and the promise of change and growth. It’s always been the city of tomorrow and yesterday, and that’s never been truer than today.

Halcyon is the focal point of the super-powered, extra-normal world. Caped figures soar through its skies and break into fights against terrible monsters and gigantic robots. Villains scheme in nefarious lairs hidden in the clouds over the city, while heroes meet and contemplate their next course of action in their golden halls of justice. Paranormal adventurers walk Halcyon City’s streets, looking for distortions and portals to other realms, while time travelers and aliens make this city their home, for better or worse.

And, of course, there's you! With friends and colleagues at your side, how can the forces of evil hope to resist the new generation of heroes?

What's this?
It's Masks! Be a teenager with superpowers and work out your issues by punching evil! Be accused of ruining beloved social institutions!

Where is this on the four-colors-to-gritty-90s spectrum?
There's definitely going to be drama and action and heroics in roughly equal measure, as this is Masks, but lean more towards touchstones like Legends of Tomorrow or Young Justice to flavor your concept than, say, Watchmen. I'm going to be partially making decisions based on team chemistry, so keep that in mind! It's entirely cool to have a gruff loner, but make sure there's a reason that they (a) are on the team in the first place and (b) they have room to let people in. When in doubt, err on the side of the material presented in the Masks core book.

I'm interested, but what are the specifics?
* 3-5 players.
* Asynchronous Discord; prioritizing more frequent, shorter posts to keep momentum up. Server is here.
* Recruitment will be open until the 27th, depending on interest and other factors. I will provide 24 hours notice before new apps are closed if that timeline changes.
* There will likely not be additional questions during the recruit phase, though the world will be fleshed out after picks are made.

What should I post for my app?
Alright, here's where it's different than the usual Masks recruit: please do not post a sheet, nor answer playbook questions. To ensure that the group is a bit more cohesive than not, we'll be handling final character generation, including playbook selection, questions, and mechanics, after picks have been made. To this end, I'd just like the following:
* A picture of your hero and their superhero name.
* A brief rundown of who they are, why they've chosen to be a hero, how they fight crime, and what sorts of issues and themes you want them to confront in-game. This doesn't need to be set in stone, particularly if you're looking at, say, a concept that might work as a Transformed or Bull, but it does help me figure out who might mesh well.
* Two or three playbooks that highlight core narratives you'd like to address with your character. LE are open for this, but I will likely only have one in the final group. If you are absolutely set on one, or have a character in mind that only works with a single playbook, get with me on Discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Alright, first off? I am absolutely floored by all the interest. I really appreciate getting the chance to read so many character pitches and, honestly, I could take any five and we'd have a great game. Unfortunately, my elfgaming capacity isn't unlimited, and some very difficult choices needed to be made. To that end, these five will make up the team moving forward:

Ma'at, played by Arashiofordo3
Dawnblade, played by Hugzilla
Reverie, played by DeTosh
Daybreak, played by Capfalcon
Viscosity, played by Mistaya

If there are any issues with player attrition, I will absolutely be looking for people in this thread to step in.

• Locked thread