Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

When evil stands before you!
When the darkness within your heart starts to take over!
When there is no one there to help you!
Getterman will be there!

I am Getterman! Hero to the little man, the light that shines within the darkness! The one who will break through the shadows that lurk in you!

quote:

A brief rundown of who they are, why they've chosen to be a hero,
Getterman is at in the end, an Otaku at heart. He lived for them really cheesy old superhero cartoons from back in the day where heroes did good for purely altruistic reasons. He has socializing as his normal non-hero self but as Getterman he is bombastic, friendly and willing to help those who need the help the most. Why does he do it though? Because it makes him feel good that he is helping society, that he can be a paragon to those that need it. He might not have the strength nor the skill like others, but gosh darn it, he is willing to do his best!

Outside of being a superhero, he works part time at a toy store his family owns and goes to school. Koji doesn't really have many friends and is a bit of a dweeb outside of his mask. He will eventually get to the point where he doesn't need his mask to be outward. Getterman is a facade if you will, a persona, one that Koji uses to work through his own internalized issues. He earnestly believes that the best thing is to keep fighting towards a better future, even if its one that he cannot see.

quote:

how they fight crime
Getterman is not really strong on his own, he is a gadget hero who builds toy based gadgets in his family's toy shop and uses them in his exploits. He has some knowledge of self defense but calling him a master of any martial art is a bit excessive. He knows just enough to squeak by. Getterman's main tool is his Kendama, a cup and ball type of toy with an elastic string. The ball is electrified and sticky to help take down the bad guy. He also carries a collapsible baseball bat, and explosive balls of various kinds. He also has a small mini robot he build named Getternyan who helps him when times get tough.

quote:

and what sorts of issues and themes you want them to confront in-game. This doesn't need to be set in stone, particularly if you're looking at, say, a concept that might work as a Transformed or Bull, but it does help me figure out who might mesh well.
In the end I would say Getterman's biggest issue internally is his own inability to socialize without his mask. Maybe he grew up by media and it caused him to not really now how to deal with people in real life. Maybe he was just a person who needed to learn to make friends but never took the chance. Whatever the reason he is alone and usually pretty lonely. I would say some major themes for him is Hope, Friendship, fighting against despair and bettering oneself. My main project with him is to build a paragon with some depth. Yeah Getterman is a paragon but outside of it he is hurting, depressed, alone. And he has some hard time reaching out to people as his normal self. My end goal for him is to be able to take off his mask, his persona and accept himself as who he is and become the Koji that Getterman wants him to be.

quote:

Two or three playbooks that highlight core narratives you'd like to address with your character. LE are open for this, but I will likely only have one in the final group. If you are absolutely set on one, or have a character in mind that only works with a single playbook, get with me on Discord.
Janus, The Beacon, the Legacy

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread