Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Just can't quit you, masks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Just can't quit you, masks.

quote:

* A picture of your hero and their superhero name.

Gonna go with Imago/Cecilia Thompson.

quote:

* A brief rundown of who they are, why they've chosen to be a hero, how they fight crime, and what sorts of issues and themes you want them to confront in-game. This doesn't need to be set in stone, particularly if you're looking at, say, a concept that might work as a Transformed or Bull, but it does help me figure out who might mesh well.

Cecilia Thompson comes from an average family. They afforded to send her send her and her little brother to school, but only due to working hard and long, causing the two of them to often be alone or with the grandparents. Cecilia ended up shy and anxious as a result, trying to do her best to not get in anyone's way. In school itself she performed above average, but not due to a particular aptitude - quite the opposite, she was having a hard time - but due to working hard on her studies.

Things changed considerably when her powers awakened. Even in the world of supers, they were different. Overwhelming. Throwing the very basics of superpowers to question, in some way. Cecilia, or Imago as she calls herself in her heroic persona, has the ability to simply manifest superpowers in herself, at a strength beyond ordinary powers. Unfortunately, The same can't be said for control of said power...

For Cecilia, it really was a bit too much. In a single day, her life turned upside down. Nothing had prepared her for this sudden jump in power... and responsibility. But still, she simply can't get herself to sit idly. With such a power at her disposal, Cecilia feels herself forced to act. She'd never be able to forgive herself if someone came to harm because she did nothing.

Imago sees her power as somewhat of a curse, but feels forced to use them. In general, I've found the scenario of someone rather unwilling thrusted into a position of power and responsibility interesting. I'd like to see her grow into her role, as well as see the reactions of other people - heroes and villains both - to someone who simply has too much power for their own good. In general I'd love to see the way the superhero world views the team - not just the press. Have it be a factor beyond how good or bad the fight went, etc.

quote:

* Two or three playbooks that highlight core narratives you'd like to address with your character. LE are open for this, but I will likely only have one in the final group. If you are absolutely set on one, or have a character in mind that only works with a single playbook, get with me on Discord.

Nova/Doomed. Preferably Nova, but Doomed also works, but needs some retooling.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 22, 2018

• Locked thread