Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Killjoys is back with a new episode last night and it is high time for a return to the Quad.

Quick refresher on everyone's crazy goddamn names.

Yalena "Dutch" Yardeen/Aneela Kin Ritt - Hannah John-Kamen

John Andras "Johnny" Jaqobis - Aaron Ashmore

D'avin Jaqobis - Luke Macfarlane

Prima "Pree" Dezz - Thom Allison

Khlyen - Rob Stewart

Delle Seyah Kendry - Mayko Nguyen

Also as a reminder, before they started on this season Syfy officially renewed it for a fifth and final season. So the show has an endpoint and they are working toward it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The episode was fun but I did miss D'av. Although it would make no sense for him to be around.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Killjoys is back with a new episode last night and it is high time for a return to the Quad.

Quick refresher on everyone's crazy goddamn names.

Yalena "Dutch" Yardeen/Aneela Kin Ritt - Hannah John-Kamen

John Andras "Johnny" Jaqobis - Aaron Ashmore

D'avin Jaqobis - Luke Macfarlane

Prima "Pree" Dezz - Thom Allison

Khlyen - Rob Stewart

Delle Seyah Kendry - Mayko Nguyen

Also as a reminder, before they started on this season Syfy officially renewed it for a fifth and final season. So the show has an endpoint and they are working toward it.

That's awesome, for some reason I was under the impression that this current season was the last one. I wonder how much cheaper/better ratings this got than Dark Matter to save it from getting the axe.

This is one of my favorite "dumb" summer shows and it's cool that Hannah seems to be getting pretty big roles, I just saw her in Antman and the Wasp and she was in one of the last episodes of Black Mirror.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She also had a small part in the new Tomb Raider movie and was one of the bad guys in Ready Player One.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm still pissed that they changed the theme music.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I liked most of the new look that they were going for, but I really have to say: those retro 80's titles popping up with every location change were hideous. I can only hope that it was a result of them trying to sell the flashback super hard, because I *really* don't want those sticking around. :ohdear:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Generic American posted:

I liked most of the new look that they were going for, but I really have to say: those retro 80's titles popping up with every location change were hideous. I can only hope that it was a result of them trying to sell the flashback super hard, because I *really* don't want those sticking around. :ohdear:

Johnny's i'm a badboy eyeliner :roflolmao:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rocksicles posted:

Johnny's i'm a badboy eyeliner :roflolmao:

So it wasn't just me that thought he was wearing eyeliner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was deffo wearing guyliner

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Now THAT, on the other hand, I would be 100% on board with them keeping throughout the whole season. :swoon:

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I thought it was a good move to get away from the "The Green" end of the world nonsense and back to basics for a while, to get the season going.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I just learned the straightest looking guy in the show is gay. Fair acting Luke MacFarlane, you had me fooled.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

That was a solid fun episode. Really glad to hear this show will get a proper ending season.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Evil Johnny is sooooo much better than normal Johnny.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
WELP.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I love this show so much, but drat do I hate Delle Seyah. At least Pree paid lip service to Pawter's memory.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sloth Life posted:

I love this show so much, but drat do I hate Delle Seyah. At least Pree paid lip service to Pawter's memory.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
She was so much fun (And stunning, let's not forget stunning) and a different take on "strong female" that completed Dutch and Bel.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Arrogant Del Seyah is frustrating. Awkward Del Seyah is amusing. I ... I think I like her presence?

What the hell?!

edit: "this bitch be deputised" may be my favorite line ... so far.

double nine fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 12, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Finally got caught up after having to skip a couple of weeks due to waiting for someone to get back into town.

Anyone else worried at the end there that they were going to reveal that Dutch was actually taken over by the Lady already?

Also I'm still worried about the whole "Pip being full of spider(s)" thing.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Same here, SpiderPip is a real concern to me, I hope that particular bomb doesn't go off while Zephyr is thinking.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Season's pretty good so far - I'm glad they had that opener though before we got bogged down in standing around for plot dumps 3 episodes in a row.

Thing seem like they're all set up now so imagine the next episode will pick up once they're back with the Armada

And not even one mention of dominatrix monk Berlin? :allears:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

VodeAndreas posted:

Season's pretty good so far - I'm glad they had that opener though before we got bogged down in standing around for plot dumps 3 episodes in a row.

Thing seem like they're all set up now so imagine the next episode will pick up once they're back with the Armada

And not even one mention of dominatrix monk Berlin? :allears:

what happened to that character by the way? I might have dosed off, because the last thing I remember is her shooting a spider and then vanishing from the plot? Did she even get her artifacts out?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

double nine posted:

Did she even get her artifacts out?

Lololol. She did for Garrett and Pree!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

:golfclap:

let's rephrase: the loot she wanted to steal from the necropolis.

try turning that one into innuendo.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Seriously I hope she comes back, though is it me or is it really glaring that she is a hunky monk stand in? Zephyr is a Doctor Crazy pants stand in too.
Oh, what might have been ...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Crazy digital German doctor dude outta nowhere.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gonz posted:

Crazy digital German doctor dude outta nowhere.

I loved that dude, trying to white knight Lucy.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Why do I love this dumb, dumb show so much? Also that stimpack fight was such a great idea.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite part was definitely *turn to the camera, thumbs up*

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
The best show
https://i.imgur.com/NQim9o4.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/6bj9fCS.mp4

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Yeah, reminded me of Shaun of the Dead

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I know these Canadian shows share actors, but this last episode had me jonesing for a Killjoys/Letterkenny crossover.

D'avin squaring off with Wayne would be peak...something.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Digital Goebbels reminded me of 790 from Lexx.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Pree continues to be the best (loved his wifi symbol makeup).

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Pree going off fully cocked is pretty fun awesome

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Finally caught up with this season. I am very disappointed they didn't kill Delle Seyah.

spookygonk posted:

Pree continues to be the best (loved his wifi symbol makeup).

:agreed:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
"Son of a whiskey-dick" is such a great phrase. Zeph owns.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Is this show still good? I think I stopped watching it around the end of the first season. But I don't really remember much. There was something about some weird goo which gets inserted into people to make them better soldiers, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Is this show still good? I think I stopped watching it around the end of the first season. But I don't really remember much. There was something about some weird goo which gets inserted into people to make them better soldiers, I think?
It's good again. The first half of season 2 or so was a bit incoherent with the goo taking the focus and the characters losing it, but then it pulled it back together into a coherent story, and now it's good again. Not as good as the first season where it was fun standalone episodes like a show in the early eighties, but still good.

• Locked thread