Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Tien broke Yamcha's leg. How many of Yamcha's legs did Krillin ever break, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Who What Now posted:

Tien dunked on Semi-Perfect Cell for like four hours while Krillin pissed his pants and cried and never even fought Cell.

Like 4 minutes, and even then Cell was basically saying "This doesnt hurt at all but it is extremely annoying and pushing me down"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Five minutes was like 14 episodes, so four minutes is pretty goddamn good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Tien dunked on Semi-Perfect Cell for like four hours while Krillin pissed his pants and cried and never even fought Cell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OwwpIIInwU&t=96s

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If they’d sent Krillin, Goku Black would have been dead in one episode.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Seriously though, Frieza was right. gently caress the police.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ki-ko-gently caress yourself

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9g-0d7BK0

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Dbz fuggin owns i like the part where goku fucks up the bad guys, but i also like the part where the bad guys are loving up goku and it looks like he is gonna lose but then he gets real real extra strong and and he beats up the bad guy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nooner posted:

Dbz fuggin owns i like the part where goku fucks up the bad guys, but i also like the part where the bad guys are loving up goku and it looks like he is gonna lose but then he gets real real extra strong and and he beats up the bad guy

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Dragon Ball Super

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Frieza was like the last guy Goku defeated on his own, really. Everyone else was defeated by teamwork p much

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

esperterra posted:

Frieza was like the last guy Goku defeated on his own, really. Everyone else was defeated by teamwork p much

goku defeated Yakon on his own

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I mean like endgame dudes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I like how literally every problem in DBZ is either directly caused or made worse by Goku and friends

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
also freeza wasn't defeated by Goku alone. there was like 50 episodes of fighting freeza before that bum even woke up. goku didn't defeat vegita alone either, or radditz.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
He only started to learn Ultra Instinct when he absorbed the energy of the Spirit bomb. His ultimate form is literally powered by friendship

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

extra row of teeth posted:

Krillin also sniffed a diamond that was stashed in Bulma’s panties :whitewater:

The kind and honorable Yamcha did no such thing yet his reward is a middle finger from the entire cast

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rutibex posted:

also freeza wasn't defeated by Goku alone. there was like 50 episodes of fighting freeza before that bum even woke up. goku didn't defeat vegita alone either, or radditz.

Arguably nobody could really put a dent in Frieza other than SSJ Goku, so I don't count all the fighting beforehand tbh. You're right about Vegeta and Raditz tho tbf I never said he beat them alone lol.

Vegeta woulda skullfucked Earth if not for Yajirobe.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

i love this bit

gently caress POWER LEVELS

gently caress SUPER SAIYANS

AND gently caress YOU

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
I don't know what happened but I have nearly finished DB Kai in like, a month.

I never paid a lick of attention to this show after I was like, 15, and yet suddenly green alien stepfathers are extremely important to me.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

extra row of teeth posted:

This is like one of the only animes in existence that is good and pure and doesn’t involve 5000 year old vampires in the bodies of 5 year old girls

What about 100-year old vampires with heads of 25-year old men and the bodies of other, different 25-year old men?

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

What about 100-year old vampires with heads of 25-year old men and the bodies of other, different 25-year old men?

I'm fully convinced that in very little time JoJo is going to be just as popular as Dragonball in the US if it isn't already. It's got a very similar kind of perfect mix of action, melodrama and comedy required for mass appeal with just the right dab of being completely off the wall and weird.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Also it has Joseph Joestar.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

esperterra posted:

Arguably nobody could really put a dent in Frieza other than SSJ Goku, so I don't count all the fighting beforehand tbh. You're right about Vegeta and Raditz tho tbf I never said he beat them alone lol.

Vegeta woulda skullfucked Earth if not for Yajirobe.

The fact that Yajirobe hosed over Vegeta should give us all hope, because that means any single one of us could also defeat Vegeta.

GoLambo posted:

I'm fully convinced that in very little time JoJo is going to be just as popular as Dragonball in the US if it isn't already. It's got a very similar kind of perfect mix of action, melodrama and comedy required for mass appeal with just the right dab of being completely off the wall and weird.

My brother, being a right thinking human, hates all anime, with the exception of All Dragon Ball (even GT), Berserk and JoJo's. So this checks out.

KiteAuraan fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jul 27, 2018

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I still need to watch JoJo

GoLambo posted:

I don't know what happened but I have nearly finished DB Kai in like, a month.

I never paid a lick of attention to this show after I was like, 15, and yet suddenly green alien stepfathers are extremely important to me.

Same thing happened to me. Loved it as a 10 year old, forgot it existed after the Cell saga ended, watched clips of Super to laugh at episode 5’s animation, watched TFS and more Super clips from recommended Youtube clicking, then suddenly bam hooked again

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rutibex posted:

goku defeated Yakon on his own

The Buu arc from the Tournament until Buu wakes up was pretty awesome. Everybody is constantly shocked by how strong the people from Earth are. It's like they were in an RPG game and leveled up way too much before moving into a new area.

Pui Pui is all proud of living in high gravity, only to get clowned on and blown up.

Yakon's basically just a gimmicky fight and he's supposed to be one of the most terrifying creatures in the universe.

Even Dabura, who's the Demon King of Hell or whatever, is about equal to a Gohan who hasn't trained in years.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Kai sucks. It skips way too much. You might as well watch a YouTube arecap video of the series instead.

Watch the remastered version. It puts all of the little side moments that were cut from the original US tv airing back into the show. And sometimes master roshis voice changes to an old prospector because apparently the dub team for remastered didn't give a rat's rear end.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Kai sucks. It skips way too much. You might as well watch a YouTube arecap video of the series instead.

Watch the remastered version. It puts all of the little side moments that were cut from the original US tv airing back into the show. And sometimes master roshis voice changes to an old prospector because apparently the dub team for remastered didn't give a rat's rear end.

Z is loving awful to watch now because of its absolutely glacial pacing and dicking around with way too many dumb poo poo inconsequential filler episodes

driving school and a few others are fine (tbh I liked the bit where everyone fights those saiyans from the past in that chamber in the lookout, that was awesome to see everyone get wrecked and kami is just casually like "oh btw, the two that are headed here put those guys to shame"), but for the most part it's impossible for me to watch Z when Kai covers all of the bases well and the pacing for fights and poo poo is lightyears better than the original

also Kai's dub :discourse:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I thought it was weird that they corrected some animation mistakes in kai but for some reason left in the part on namek when krillin is flying out of the scene and is suddenly in his orange gi (MY IMMERSION)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My favorite DBZ thing is that Master Roshi was stronger than Vegeta when he first landed on Earth but refused to fight.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

My mom is a massive dragonball nerd. I was really into DB as a kid and I remember my mom printing me out all of the GT translated scripts because it was airing on some foreign channel in japanese. That was really nice of her, too bad GT sucked.

These days I'm not really into DB that much at all, yet she's still hooked. She watched all of Super and I've only caught a few episodes that I watched with her.

It's pretty awesome having an extremely normal mom whose one nerdy guilty pleasure is a love for dragonball.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
IMO the show peaked with the Saiyan saga. I remember watching it as a kid and loving that part, except for it taking a while for Goku to find King Kai and train with him. Then suddenly there is a MORE powerful dude with more powerful henchmen and a million loving episodes of poo poo before Goku shows up and kicks his rear end. I remember being really disappointed when I realized the rest of the show was just going to be a repeat of this pattern. I know now that's how shonen stuff works, but at the time it was a bummer.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I decided to watch all of Dragon Ball cause I've never seen it. I relate a lot to Roshi cause I love titties and would like to pafu pafu a pichi pichi girl.

Also as soon as he agrees to train Goku, Roshi opens a beer. Another thing I can relate too.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:same:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Who What Now posted:

My favorite DBZ thing is that Master Roshi was stronger than Vegeta when he first landed on Earth but refused to fight.

I think I remember Toriyama doing an interview and saying that Roshi was as strong as he feels like being. Which is kind of a good life lesson for everybody - pick your battles.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

master roshi could have been using Mafuba on all of the DBZ villains through out the entire series, but he didnt feel like it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Z is glacial compared to Kai. just watch the good filler (driving school, etc) on youtube or something.

they finish vegeta arc at like ep 17 in Kai.

the spirit bomb vs freiza is done in one episode.

i do really miss the faulconer score tho. vegetas theme, etc.

i also prefer deeper voices gohan in the cell saga.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

gently caress that I choose to be irresponsible forever, like my idols, Master Roshi, Goku and Joseph Joestar.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

That site has some okay dragon ball t-shirts, but I don't want to seem like a shill. Although I do know some of the people who've submitted artwork to the shop.

https://superunofficial.co/collections/view-all/products/roshi-master-of-none

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A really cool thing about working out in any major city is there will almost always be at least one person in a DBZ shirt, usually Goku’s Orange Gi T-shirt but in the 2010’s a black tank top with Frieza’s outline on it that says “This isn’t even my final form!” Came out and you could basically guarantee someone would have it anytime you went to pump, day or night. Especially black football players.

• Locked thread