Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

BEJITA-SAMA is a good dad in buu that's my story i'm stickin to it

he aint perfect but he tryin!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
IDK, it was like watching a cartoon kung-fu movie with over the top screaming and laser fists. It's like if you dropped acid and watched a bunch of jackie chan movies, a star wars lightsaber fight on loop, and a fox news commentator finding out starbucks cups say "x-mas" on them.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Bulma

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

All of the hot ladies like Android 18 and Bulma.

I'll allow it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

probably the dragon ballz

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

vegeta is a little bitch

FORUMS #1 CUI FAN

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

free hubcaps posted:

vegeta is a little bitch

FORUMS #1 CUI FAN

he killed that little bitch with out a problem

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

yeah

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

piccolo basically abandons goku's son on a mountaintop and beats the poo poo out of him for weeks on end and still manages to be a better father figure than goku lol

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

and a better grandpa

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The best thing was watching DBZ: Abridged without having seen the original show. Goku and Krillin's deepest moments of stupid pulled me right out of suspension of disbelief and I'd have to go wiki how things went in the real show, only to drop a hank-hill tier BHWAAAH on learning that no, that's not part of the parody, this how it actually went down in canon.

I could've made so much loving money filming reactions for youtube :shrug:

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 22, 2018

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

piccolo basically abandons goku's son on a mountaintop and beats the poo poo out of him for weeks on end and still manages to be a better father figure than goku lol

In fairness, Goku is literally retarded. Not like... lol he's retarded... he has brain damage and is literally retarded. It was mentioned in Super for example that he's never kissed his wife. He reacted like an 8 year old to the idea. Chi-Chi must have tricked this mentally challenged man into having sex by claiming it was some kind of genital combat training.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

esperterra posted:

Vegeta is an excellent father and husband.

Remember when Vegeta and his son were training and Vegeta discovered that being super buff was bad for fighting but he let his idiot son get buff anyways, then later was like, “You stupid boy I knew the whole time you were training wrong lol”

Kharmakazy posted:

In fairness, Goku is literally retarded. Not like... lol he's retarded... he has brain damage and is literally retarded. It was mentioned in Super for example that he's never kissed his wife. He reacted like an 8 year old to the idea. Chi-Chi must have tricked this mentally challenged man into having sex by claiming it was some kind of genital combat training.

drat, Dragon ball is darker than I remember.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kharmakazy posted:

She proposed to him when they were like 12 and he thought it was a kind of food and then when he found out like 10 years later he was like ok i guess I said it would do it so sure.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pawn 17 posted:

Remember when Vegeta and his son were training and Vegeta discovered that being super buff was bad for fighting but he let his idiot son get buff anyways, then later was like, “You stupid boy I knew the whole time you were training wrong lol”

Or the time his son went super saiyan and vegeta got so pissed that he did it so easily he beat the poo poo out of him and then felt bad and took him to the park?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kharmakazy posted:

He was also literally dropped on his head as a baby

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v30HToswDs

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Piccolo because he is basically a big green nanny for saiyin children.

Also Zarbon.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Goku best father

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
I like Goku's optimistic outlook on life and his need to fight for what's right even if he is dumb :kiddo:

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

Kharmakazy posted:

IDK, it was like watching a cartoon kung-fu movie with over the top screaming and laser fists. It's like if you dropped acid and watched a bunch of jackie chan movies, a star wars lightsaber fight on loop, and a fox news commentator finding out starbucks cups say "x-mas" on them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

this van's existence is the best thing about dbz

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ligament posted:

I like Goku's optimistic outlook on life and his need to fight for what's right even if he is dumb :kiddo:

Kharmakazy posted:

pretty much these two

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

non canon

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i can't quite put my finger on it but that looks dirty somehow

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcp3tZ3XFyQ

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
My favorite thing is how it made me feel

and it made me feel pumped. As if I was swinging in circles upside down and doing crunches on a spaceship at 100x gravity.

...it's still amusing that Goku found the secret of ultimate power by essentially following a workout program for a few weeks. Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat a pizza and fart for the rest of the night.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
my favorite thing were the ads for the android saga during the summer on toonami after the frieza saga

all these ads making fun of a million dollar man where they're showing clips of frieza getting picked up in space by his goons and being REBUILT TO BE STRONGER, FASTER, BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBofQaME3yw&t=136s

FOR LIKE THREE MONTHS

then the first episode airs that fall and Trunks shows up and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGMtXqo1N9E

:O!!!

lmao watching this the EPISODE ENDS with frieza cut in half and you're like "well poo poo maybe he'll recover, who knows?"

and the next episode starts with Trunks slicing him into bits and obliterating him into loving nothingness

then goku shows up and was like "yo I was eating breakfast on another planet" and Trunks is like "I'm from the future where you're dead and I'm vegeta's son"

And you're like, BUCKLE UP

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 22, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I like how Frieza came back in that one movie and Goku isn’t even mad, he just wants to show off his new powerup and have Frieza show him his.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the eternal raditz to recoome loop on YTV

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
lmao my friend just said this on discord "one day you're watching the frieza saga and then you're BACK TO RADITZ"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
prolly the guy from db who traveled by chucking pillars into the distance and then jumping on to the pillar real fast

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

For the longest time I thought Frieza was a lady

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Same but Puar

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Holy poo poo, I never knew that cat thing's name

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
puar is yamcha's common law wife

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I like the weird fantasy scifi, like Korin's tower and the Lookout and King Kai's mini 10x gravity planet. I never watched this as a kid but it still lights up my imagination. Also some of the fighting drags but the high points are awesome.

my dog died im sad posted:

That episode where goku and picolo go into town to get their drivers liscence or go to the post office? I can't remember why they were in town.

It was the driver's license, yeah, one of the funniest episodes. Piccolo is a great fish out of water in exactly the opposite way from Goku. I appreciate the down time and the comedy almost more than the fights, as well as the long rehabilitation of Piccolo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

prolly the guy from db who traveled by chucking pillars into the distance and then jumping on to the pillar real fast

Tao is objectively the best character. Here's a thing I drew for the DBZ thread a while back of him making Frieza his bitch (as it should be)

• Locked thread