Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Our new king has abandoned us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Wait so it's the poster of our favorite movie, or our favorite poster of a movie?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
genesplicer sucks for banning people in the China thread for things he doesnt and likely could never understand

Bobbie sucks for banning people in E/N just because they made funny posts

Jose seems to get his panties in a knot over just about anything

That's all, I don't give a crap about the rest of them

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I don't like pancakes or waffles, its
just a buncha bread

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

cnut posted:

My waffles don't taste like bread. I fold a bunch of beaten egg whites into the batter before putting the irons to 'em.

Perhaps, i would eat yoru waffles

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I Brake For MILFs posted:

What is the difference between hotcakes and pancakes?

They seem similar to me, but I really don't like pancakes. I prefer French toast.

I think theyre the same, the first one is just how weird people say it

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Oh hell yeah, I finally claim my rightful place on the throne

Everyone post your secret projects at home. Post what you are personally working on, along with estimated ETA

edit: "estimated ETA" is redundant, as your king I apologize

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

cnut posted:

I would but the Feds would be at my door in no time :argh:

My kingdom lies outside their jurisdiction, you need not worry

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I'm working on a one man metal band EP.

ETA: 10 years?

I dunno, it's boring as gently caress to record music by yourself. I don't know how some people do it.

That's weird, I order you to at least find a drummer

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Sorry for the sparse replies, your king was at chilis grabbing a quick presidente margarita

My King, I am the drummer, hence the arrogance and smugness to think I can do this.

THEN FIND A GUITARIST YOU FOOL just having a drummer is even worse! Guards, take him away

IDONTPOST posted:

My real project is getting nice n buff

ETA: probably a loving year if I’m lucky

Get one of those doorway pullup bar things off amazon and then crank out a few 'ups every time you walk by, actually did wonders for me. Dismissed.

Deki posted:

Working on a videogame sideproject. Turns out having a frigging full time job interferes with that a bit. ETA: 2 years maybe.

What manner of game are you working on? Certain genres are prohibited in this kingdom

guns for tits posted:

learning a tonal language is not too easy when you only know english

Your king has studied chinese as well and actually the worst part is that all the words sound the same and chinese people all just want to speak english anyway so why bother

Gatekeeper posted:

my secret project is a book about a man who has failed at life and has a psychotic break and becomes obsessed with traveling back in time based on pop culture concepts of time travel, like the back to the future delorean and the bill and ted phone booth and the stargate and Dr who's police thing and all that poo poo and he starts trying to actually build a time machine out of random electronics parts and just keeps injuring himself more and more severely as he attempts to test out his time machine, and his friends keep begging him to stop, and he almost stops for a love interest but he still can't give up his obsession and finally he injures himself so badly trying to hit 88mph in a phone booth on wheels going through a stargate and he's on life support and he begs his friends to just pull the plug and as he dies he goes through this crazy time vortex and suddenly he's gone back in time but he went back to the beginning of the story when his life was already totally hosed and he still can't do anything to fix it despite actually accomplishing time travel

You are hereby denied permission to write this book

IDONTPOST posted:

My project I’m working at is becoming thread king eta: next page

GUARDS

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Hmm 2010 I got fired from my lovely phone tech support job. Actually they just wanted to put me on reduced pay probation because I came in late a few times, so I told them no and walked out. Ended up getting a way better job like a month later which I still have to this day so they can suck it

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Grilling steak is great because it usually results in eating steak. At parties/get togethers I like to grill a giant cut and then slice it really thinly and serve it on a plate for everyone to grab pieces at their leisure. No squabbling from small people who are like "oh i can't eat a whole piece of steak!" or fatasses who eat their steak and then look sadly at their plates

Worst grilling situation: person who is not the grillmaster "marinated" the raw chicken pieces by slathering on a ton of really sugary sauce. Thanks rear end in a top hat I'm sure everyone is looking forward to a big plate of burnt carcinogenic crust.

bradzilla posted:

Burgs are good as gently caress too. Mix some milk with a torn up piece of bread, salt, pepper, garlic and a bit of steak sauce. Mix with ground beef and make patties with dimples in the middle. Grill that poo poo on high for 5-7 minutes per side.

Your majesty I am but a humble serf but the... unusual ways of your court confuse me and I fear they may anger the church

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Congrats, guy who really really wanted this

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZFISvHmyY

I pray this is to your majesty's liking

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The current regime is absolute chaos

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

:siren: thread fuckery detected :siren:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Now that the king has been overthrown I vote that this thread page belong to THE PEOPLE

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 26, 2018

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

nullEntityRNG posted:

Who's the king now oh god I'm scared.

Also I don't drink alcohol so I can not in good conscious contribute to the discussion of alcohol. I have bought alcohol for friends though and it's very difficult to figure out. Like how many different types of whiskey is there ffs

If you're scared you should try drinking some alcohol. Why don't you drink alcohol?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

missing a nozzle on the tip for deep butt chugging access

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I have my king theme decided already, and it's not that bad

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

nullEntityRNG posted:

It poisons the mind and the liver! The devils seductive spittle! And mcgruff said no to alcohol so I say no as well!

http://time.com/5234/mcgruff-the-crime-dog-actor-jailed-for-pot-grenade-launchers/

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
lasers

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Start posting pictures of or discussing lasers or else I will release the laser hounds

Your king himself happens to own a laser most powerful (2W, class IV), bought from a man in Israel for about $250. It burns things and when you point it up into the night sky, it looks like a blue light saber stretching out to infinity. It feels like you are touching the stars. It will also permanently blind you faster than you can blink in response so be careful!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Mumpy should be probated for just durdling around in the thread without really participating.

Probe reason:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

nullEntityRNG posted:

Sorry my liege I did not know we were in a new page.

So when I was in college, learning how laser works kinda blew my mind. Not the whole actual battery into light part but rather than the fact that bosons (photons. Bosoms are a classification not necessarily an object) would automatically align themselves to the same orientations as other which allowed some weird atomic fuckery that allowed the laser to work. Like you couldn't make a laser out of just the electrons, because they're all hoity toity about their shells.

I mean it's been years since those lessons so the details are a little muddy... but yeah. Neat poo poo.

My favorite laser fact is that it's actually an acronym, which means it should really be typed as LASER, and shouted when spoken aloud

IDONTPOST posted:

In middle school we all bought laser pointers on a field trip and pointed them in each other’s eyes and It hosed up my vision and now I’m a glasses wearing nerf

Please keep laser discussion positive. Consider this a warning.
Current charge level: 15%

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mistle posted:

Pointing a big rear end laser in the sky in America is literally illegal, you can get SERIOUS JAIL TIME NO JOKE over that.

Partly because they gently caress with aircraft or pilots, but for serious, if it hits a military sensor array, they get alarms and poo poo and it's loud as gently caress, and you can bet someone will kinda poo poo their pants over a 2W laser burning the Northrop Grumman paint job, especially since they can't do the cool "punch chafe evade counterattack" over suburban America.

So cool space-touching lightsaber is awesome, but a $2k ticket from the FAA is not fun.

The king is aware of this and chooses to roll the dice

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Cease to Hope posted:

no gods no kings no masters

Gatekeeper posted:

*in extremely boromir voice* "this thread has no king...this thread needs no king"

Gridlocked posted:

You're the king? Well I didn't vote for you

Probation

Reason: acute laser deficiency

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

or is it just that you got boromir'ed and owned with laser sharp precision?

Keep talking lasers and I might revoke the probe

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

can i talk lasers AND lord of the rings?

I dunno, can you?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
According to my research this is how ancient egyptians used to walk:

code:
  _O_-
 - |
  / \

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Dress up as his favorite anime and cry a lot i guess

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Mod your tongue so it's like a snake's and then stick it down his peehole during blowjobs

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Tape your butts together

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I sit in my dimly lit room inserting pop rocks into my urethra one at a time, the sizzling sound of the escaping carbonation growing ever deeper, more guttural. I flip through the pages of my cosmo with my free hand. I chuckle to myself. These idiots will never know what men really want.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Mortal Kombat had Fatalities. Slammin from behind like mans best friend should be intense but only rarely fatal

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Star Wars episode 8

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Star Wars episode 9 (yet to be released)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Remember when baked chips were a popular new thing in the late 90s/early 00s, as a supposedly healthy alternative to the traditional fried chips? What a dumb mistake that was

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
One time I went spelunking and slid into a slippery cave, the stones smashed along my spine and my stinky little anus slammed right down onto a stalagmite with a loud squish, and then I died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

ContraBoss posted:

I posted this one in the butter thread but whatever:

When I was young, my best friend walked in on me in my kitchen tasting cooking spray. It was just a tiny little spray that I tasted. But, being an impulsive chubby kid and having him walk in on me with a can of Pam at the very instant I was spraying a little bit directly into my mouth, I knew it would become a glorious, eternal self-own that never gets less funny any time it comes up.

You're supposed to spray it on your wrist like with perfume

• Locked thread