Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

DaveKap posted:

Woof, 3 episodes into the new season and only 3 pages in this thread... does nobody watch anymore or is everyone reading the manga now? Is anyone out there?

I can't hear you!

(There's some real gif-worthy stuff in ep 2 but I'm wondering if anyone even cares to see 'em.)

I've been loving the action scenes so far, will post more when I'm caught up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah, as the only person on earth who hasnt and wont read the Manga I'll post some predictions as of episode 4.

The secret king is actually a Titan and wants to eat Eren for himself.
Anne, Berdholt and Reimer are from a rebel faction fighting against the King's faction (easy guess)
Historia and Eren's blonde friend are gonna hook up
Kenny will eventually join the good guys to bring down the secret titan government
And the way that Erwin gets out of being executed is also going to be another secret titan shift reveal.

I was so jazzed by the Reimer and Bertoldt reveals last season that I expect a loving awesome reveal every episode

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 17, 2018

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Another far off thought I'm having is that this show is going to have a similar reveal as Shyamalan's the Village, where it turns out this whole time the population is cloistered from a much more modern one. Maybe this shows population of humans is like an experimental colony that lost its way.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah there is probably a digestion time.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I rewatched the past seasons' OPs and now I'm starting to think Historia is going turn out a Titan. There's one scene where it shows a bunch of faces fading in and the expression they make looks like they are turning their back on humanity. It starts with Ymir, then Historia, Bertohd, Reimer, and the Annie.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
My favorite OP is still season 2. Sasayaga!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Why is everyone spoil tagging things that just got released in the show?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Conspiratiorist posted:

I thin that's pretty decent.

I feel like unless I missed something in the last episode they never fully explained any of the things you mention. They left the Mikasa power stuff sorta ambiguous, also they never mentioned Bertold.

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 27, 2018

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Nope

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Now that was a loving episode

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Can you guys explain the problems with this arc in the manga? Seems like all baller plot reveals and action to me

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:trumppop:

Man...so that was...uhhhh...like everything, I guess. :stare:

Great episode, lot of infodumps, I'm glad Historia had the same thought I did at the same time. Literally turned to my wife like "if they've had this power for 100 years, why the gently caress haven't they..." and then Historia said her bit and made the big choice. The human vs. human fights were loving :krad:.

Dollars to Pesos that we still don't see a Titan Fight next week: I'm guessing Eren gets everyone out of the cave and we spend the rest of next week's ep with the crew, wondering what's happening in the cave.

Oh, and pour one out for my homie Hange-san, really liked that character...don't know why I felt that coming, but I knew it was as soon as the battle started. :smith:

:laffo:

Holy poo poo that would have been annoying as gently caress. :tviv:

I though Hange was just out of the battle, not dead.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I bet we get a new op next episode now that all the geneology and nostalgia themes are done.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Historia also had that similar flash thing that Mikasa had going on when she activated super strength

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
gently caress yeah Levi Titan plz

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Does anyone have a link to last season's thread? I made a bunch of predictions I want to see.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Maybe Grisha was like a star trek type dude who beamed onto this planet to study everyone.

Anyways, hope next episode has a different OP for loving once

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah I'm feeling a M. Night Shamalyan type twist coming up, similar to the Town, where we have this walled off civilization existing in a futuristic society, preserved in antiquity by the threat of titans.

As for the dumb titans themselves... they exist as a by-product of using shifter abilities or something, a sacrifice of the common people in order to concentrate power onto the shifter lineages.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
It's funny to think I've been waiting for this arc for six years. Jeez time flies I guess.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I thought for sure at some point the last ditch effort Erwin was going to reveal was that he was Titan.

My guess for the basement? Clones of Eren

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Mikasa is 100% going to become a titan or they are going to give it to Armin and save him

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I think Armin might be a titan now

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Yeah it's really setting it up for him to be his brother or some poo poo. And I don't remember if Reiner, Bertholt, and Annie explicitly want him dead but they did want to capture him. Which would make more sense since they work for Zeke.

Wasnt there a scene last season that implied Bert and Reiner got in a fight with Zeke and lost? Maybe Zeke just recently won their loyalty by beating them.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I think whatever is in the basement has to be organic, like a Titan in stasis or some living relic.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Yawgmoft posted:

Best reveal was actually colossal and armored titan identity.

Best reveal was potato girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Why is everyone here mentioning child soldiers, what did I miss from this last episode that would make us think Bert and Reiner were recruited as children?