Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I have no idea what's going on but I think I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Can anyone remember what the conversation between Bert and Ymir was? No manga spoilers please.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Catalina posted:

After the anime started up again last year, it's been really hard to keep a straight face when people start bringing up that argument about whether or not Attack on Titan is pro Japanese fascism again, knowing that's where the story goes with it.
Honestly that argument should have been completely put to rest after last season literally humanizes the monstrous Other.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I though Hange was just out of the battle, not dead.

I hope/think she's not dead, but uh, one way or another I doubt she'll be flying again. :ohdear:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Well, that was a sight for sore eyes. :chanpop:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Alan_Shore posted:

I wonder why Historia doesn't have the weird eyes her dad/uncle had. And what are they going to do with that Titan fluid I wonder (that only makes you a "dumb titan", not an abnormal apparently)

From what Kenny said, I think you become an abnormal if the fluid isn't injected properly.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wow, this episode really proves that Sasha's a Titan then, and a dangerous one at that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat. :stare:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What "Act" is the manga up to now?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Yawgmoft posted:

Best reveal was actually colossal and armored titan identity.

That was done so well too. I actually had to pause and rewind the video because I thought I might have misread.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Saagonsa posted:

The opposite happened when this reveal happened in the manga. There was a really popular post that went around talking about how the titans are just jews and the implication was that the jews are monsters who would take over the world if given the chance (and conveniently ignored that the history given that supports this is literal nazi propaganda in this analogy). That turned a lot of people who dropped or didn't read the series off from it and gave them the idea that it's some pro-holocaust fanfiction.

:lol:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Man, the season 2 ED really does lay it all bare. Including at the end, sure enough, nine Titans.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Captain Invictus posted:

For anime only viewers, there's a really dumb "actually, aot is fascist" clickbait article on polygon that's mixed with manga spoilers and straight up wrong takes despite dressing itself up as a take on the anime. Just a fair warning in case anyone happens to see that stupid article around, don't click on it.

An ill-thought, clickbaity article from Polygon? Say it ain't so!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Saagonsa posted:

They would have been the same age as Eren, Mikasa, and Armin when they broke the walls at first, and they were all very much children at the time.

I mean, let's be honest, they're still all children now, though some of that can be chalked up to "anime."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Episode 58. What the heck did the last 7 seconds of that episode mean?! Don't answer, that. The episode seemed pretty straight forward and then BAM! That last line.
Time is a flat circle.