Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

These two eps have been awesome. I was thinking how frustrating it must have been to be building to this huge opening for the battle and having production issues tank the pay off for the staff. On the other hand, I totally under stand how they could get through the last arc and be like "gently caress, we do not have enough time to hit this out of the park like we need to" and facing up to the fact they just have to split it.

Did we ever get an official explanation about what happened? I feel like everyone only realized things were off when that last ep aired, and then confirming it the next week when nothing showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Kyte posted:

WIT is never not burning the candle at both ends, they're infamous for their terrible project management.

Any sources on that? I think AoT is the only WIT show I follow, aside from the upcoming VInland Saga adaptation.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I was really impressed with the pacing for the episode. I was worried going in that there would be lots of longing lingering pan shots that made it seem like there were sitting with their thumbs up their rear end, but the cuts between The Decision and the other action taking place was just right.

I read up to current with the manga after season 2, and I’ll echo that the studio did an incredible job making things in this battle much clearer; I was barely aware of what was happening with Armin on the pages.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I loved the reveal, personally, and am very intrigued to find out more...

Very sad the studio is dropping the project, I love the art style and camera work, especially the loving recreations of natural scenes. I didn't read the article, is there no hope of WIT staying on?

As far as I am aware, they are not dropping it so much as being pulled from it. This is speculation but the constant production issues is probably the reason.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I’m sure that’s a joke

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Donnerberg posted:

Thank you. I'm still new to watching anime as they air.

Np. Anime original endings are an awful thing that happens but very rarely when there is original material to go off of. The pace and spacing of the Wit adaptation makes it pretty clear, knock on wood, that they’ll sticking close to the source material til the end. Even if it is changing studios for the last season.

So, anyone got any good examples of this turning out well? The only one that comes to mind is full metal panic.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Is there no new ep this week? :ohdear:

It doesn’t drop til 7:45 cst.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Zebulon posted:

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Fma brotherhood was explicitly a remake with the intention of following the manga ending after it had finished, and by the same studio (bones). So, that doesn’t really count.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Conspiratiorist posted:

You mean a studio change turning out well? High School DxD and Hayate the Combat Butler.

Full Metal Panic most certainly didn't.

The first season of fmp was gonzo and started fine but turned lovely real quick, as is gonzos trademark. Fmp s2 was under studio Kyoto, quite good, as was fumafu which is or was very well received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Maera Sior posted:

The last opening is a very slick piece of editing, but I gained a new appreciation when I watched it with the lyrics on and caught some additional things they snuck in. The things you can do when a story gets this layered and the team stays together.

About that....