Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

This episode was fantastic. It feels like they've answered so many questions already! What other mysteries are there? What is in Eren's basement, why his dad did what he did, where did Titans come from? Also an interesting thing Eren's dad said, before he injected Eren he mentioned something about Eren's mother/to avenge her, we don't know what that was about as she was still alive.

EDIT: Also WHEN did Eren's dad inject him? In the first episode right, then Eren forgot all about it?

Alan_Shore fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Sep 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Good replies, thanks! It has been a while since I saw season 1!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sorry, when did we see Beast Titan's human version? He's another mystery to add to the others.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I forgot about that village and Connie's mum being turned into titans. Now what was that about?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That giant deformed Titan freaks me out. We can't even see his face. And his gross lil legs. I wonder what Reiss is doing in there or if he's just gone mental. I have no idea how they're gonna stop him.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo that episode rocked. Enjoying the fast pace and nightmare fuel.

Getting some bad juju vibes from Historia now...

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I can't get that drat song out of my head. Send help

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Why don't you just pretend it isn't there?

Much like your AV. :haw:

Hey, I did NOT buy this AV! You insult John Cena a few dozen times and someone buys you a custom AV. Unbelievable.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

a computing pun posted:

Really? I've been looking for a cheap way to get rid of my trumpface...

Well that took years of dedication of making GBS threads on John Cena, but go into the WWE thread and repeatedly insult a wrestler and someone will bite!

I just rewatched the Season 2 ED to see if what we know now answers some of the questions, and it does!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbfHY8mkhT8

You can see what I assume is a king making his weeping children eat Titan spinal fluid I assume, from the remains of the old king. The first image seems to be a girl offering either herself to the titan or offering the titan some kind of fluid, like when Eren ate the armor fluid. Also the number 45 flashes up, in the same font the episode numbers use.

What does everyone think?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That's a great post! Thanks!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Looks like Armored Titan got destroyed by Beast Man, so he's pretty buff indeed.

Last time we saw R&B they were going "home" with Ymir, right? Now they're waiting in the destroyed city after have a slight disagreement in plans.

I wonder why Historia doesn't have the weird eyes her dad/uncle had. And what are they going to do with that Titan fluid I wonder (that only makes you a "dumb titan", not an abnormal apparently)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Kassad posted:

She didn't inherit their power because Eren has it. She would have if she had eaten him.

So who did Rodd eat? And what power did he have? drat there's a lot to keep track of here.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That's right, but he got them funny eyes though

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That's another interesting point, poor Armin and Mikase have taken a serious back seat this season.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The underground city seemed huge and pretty safe. They should all just chill down there

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Well, that's the mystery, isn't it?

Also if they change the op I'll be FURIOUS. Listened to the full version non stop on Spotify haha

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I think it does a good job of contrasting the youthful, happy, idealistic kids and their hardened, worn adult selves. I also like the song

Edit: also because we're dealing with the past and the choices that others have made and how they affect our heroes

Alan_Shore fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 8, 2018

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Looks like we got a long hiatus in front of us. At least a month. Boo

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm not sure, a story popped up on my Google feed that said it's not listed in the Japan TV guide for at least the next 4 weeks. So that's no Venture Bros, Better Call Saul or Attack on Titan to start the week. Stupid hell dimension.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That glitch/teaser/cliffhanger was loving incredible. THAT'S how you build suspense for the second half! I have no clue what went down, what could have went down, I went frame by frame through those images and have no idea what the gently caress. If I could have one thing explained, it would be that weird tall hairy titan just walking through the forest. Why include THAT? I love this show!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Levi straight up shanking Reiner was so loving awesome. I see why all the kids in Japan loved him when I was there when season 1 was out and I was like what's so special about this glum dude. gently caress yeah Levi!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Catalina posted:

Oh poo poo, is it that time already? I look forward to the POV’s of people experiencing this part of the story for the first time.

Why is that? I haven't read the manga. No spoilers!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Kitiara posted:

Without spoiling anything, I'll just reveal the results of a "favourite arc" poll among manga readers.

Arc 1 (Battle of Trost - Season 1): 2%
Arc 2 (Female Titan - Season 1): 2%
Arc 3 (Clash of Titans - Season 2): 5%
Arc 4 (Uprising - Season 3 Part 1): 5%
Arc 5 (Return to Shiganshina - Current): 41%
Arc 6 (Next one - leaving it unnamed due to minor spoilers): 45%

So basically, the anime is just now getting into the best parts of the story. It's going to be incredible.

To coin a phrase from Joseph Joestar (as my friend just got me into Jojo and I binged 80 episodes in 2 weeks):

HOLY poo poo

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Imagine pretending to post a theory here that you know is a fact because you read the manga. What a pathetic oval office you'd be

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Levi loving up Beast titan was so rad and cathartic holy poo poo.

Now we're finally up to that bit they teased end of last season, where everything is hosed. Holy poo poo what an episode

Brutakas posted:

RIP Marlo

Now I think I have enough context with this episode along with the "bonus" from the end of part 1 to know where this is going.

What bonus was ?

Also who was Marlo?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Oh poo poo if you're not watching JoJo you're really missing out. My friend begged me to watch and I've seen Parts 1-4 in 3 weeks, just started GOLDEN WIND and can't stop listening to Last Train Home

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Can you give some examples of mysteries the anime solved first? Haven't read it, sounds super interesting

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I suppose whatever is in the basement would have to make sense for a child Eren to see, as his dad was going to take him down there before poo poo kicked off. No clue what that could be!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Not sure if three books lived up to and exceeded expectations like some people said but I'll wait to see what happens.

The long sequence of silence mixed with flashbacks was incredible work

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Mordja posted:

That was done so well too. I actually had to pause and rewind the video because I thought I might have misread.

Haha I did the exact same thing. I couldn't believe what I heard.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo now THAT makes up for last time. Totally redeemed. drat my head is spinning with ideas. I assume that Zeke, Reiner et al are all from Marley and working for them, but the founding titan is gone now, right? The power that should have passed to Historia died with Reiss? So much to remember with this wonderful show!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Cheers! Just watched the season 2 ED and it's starting to make a lot more sense:

- Ymir making the deal with the earth spirit and rising out of the sea
- the war between the Eldians and Marley (allegedly)
- the Eldians being forced to leave and make their city

Still don't know what the old man forcing the three crying children to eat a corpse is about. And are we to assume that the 9 titans are still alive? Marley somehow "converted" 7 of them to win, right? So would those be special titans like Reiner and Bert? So many delicious questions

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

There's nothing wrong with using historical atrocities as inspiration to show atrocities in fiction. That's my hot take

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Funny you should mention Death Note, literally finished my rewatch of it last night and drat what a show. The second to last episode has the greatest cliffhanger of all time and L is the greatest, also killer soundtrack

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It's a... weird choice to have the og titan called Ymir, then just have another girl who's also a shifter called Ymir, right?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I just watched 35 with Ymir's backstory and it makes a lot more sense now, that's for sure! You see the guards, the Wall, the injections... I guess since it was 60 years ago it was a cult of Eldians trying to bring about their myth/religion through lies.

I think I asked this before but regarding Connie's village, I guess someone (Zeke?) must have somehow injected the whole village to turn them into titans? And Connie's mum became an abnormal, and she's still there chilling in her house.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It seems like a terrible idea to initiate this important plan with children, even if it sort of worked. And then I guess Marley just left RBA to it for years without checking up on them?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I just rewatched the first episode (which is a fantastic first episode) I have two notes:

1) Eren dreams about the future before it happens, which is interesting
2) the episode is called "To you, in 2000 years..." hmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Gaj posted:

Something I just realized is a great dark joke:

The Scouts exist to eliminate the Titans, with I guess some goal of eliminating Titans cause as of the first episode it can be assumed that they dont reproduce and there has to be a set number.

Nope. There is basically an unlimited supply of Titans that are basically being poured into the aquarium.

Not only that, the scouts are inadvertently murdering their own people