Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Welcome to the Ring of Honor Discussion Thread. This is your thread to discuss a company with record BUZZ levels. Just take a look at this chart which displays ROH's Buzz.

ROH's baseline buzz numbers have increased steadily the last two years from already record baseline buzz numbers!

Some people will say ROH doesn't have buzz, that no one talks about them and that's why there hasn't been a new thread in 2 years. My friends, those people wouldn't know buzz if it flew up and stung them. There's so much buzz I just couldn't handle it, but now I've prepared and I'm ready. These people are agents of WWE and lack buzz in their daily livee.

Don't believe me? Then look at this tweet, the Buzz is translating into Business (or buzziness)

https://twitter.com/Laviemarg/status/1014881550016679937

Those are record levels of buzz!

This company has so much buzz that Madison Square Garden approached them to do an event. ROH agreed, but then WWE (evil, lacking buzz) demanded they stop. MSG, playing host to teams without any buzz agreed, but yearned to have the buzz that ROH generates, and decided to spurn the buzzless WWE and let ROH and their friends NJPW (lacking any real buzz in this country their last event barely half filled a building while ROH sets records who will get some needed buzz from ROH) run G1 SUPERCARD next April, which will no doubt be the most attended (and buzziest) wrestling event to take place in New York City in April of 2019.

There's so much buzz the NWA and All In (sold out on the backs of ROH stars) are putting their storylines on mere house shows! Nick Aldis defended the NWA title against Flip Gordon (huge amounts of buzz) on a recent ROH house show which could have been Flip's ticket to All In! He lost, but didn't hurt his buzz in the process.

You can't have this much buzz without your champions having buzz so let's take a look!

ROH World Champion:

WOW! Maximum buzz levels!

ROH 6 Man (Trios) Tag Team Champions
https://ultimatepokerbankroll.imgur.com/all

The Kingdom have just as much buzz as Jay Lethal! How couldn't they as they are stars in the US AND Mexico, a country with tremendous buzz!

ROH Tag Team Champions

As you might expect The Briscoes have huge buzz levels. The public waits to find out if the international dream match with the Lucha Bros may happen at All In.

Women of Honor Champion

There have been Women of Honor matches in ROH for over a decade, but this year the Women of Honor got together and realized it was time to get even more buzz behind them and crowned the first ever Woman of Honor, Sumie Sakai! She brings the most buzz of any female wrestler on Earth!

ROH Television Champion

Punishment Martinez is an up and coming prospect in wrestling so he hasn't been able to get the buzz behind him others have. But our Buzz Meter still ranks him very high in terms of buzz, he has a bright future ahead of him!

Want to see what all this BUZZ is about? You can watch ROH right here!

https://www.rohwrestling.com/watch

Order Pay Per Views (huge buzz) watch the TV (ditto) or see the house shows! Better yet sign up for Honor Club for a year and all of that is included!

That's so much buzz you won't be able to handle it.

But if you can handle it, maybe go see ROH live!

Next up ROH will be in England for the Honor RE-United Tour! On 8/16 they'll be in the beautiful English city of Edinburg, then on 8/18 it is off to Doncaster (never heard of it but it must have tremendous buzz) and finally they cap off three dates in Merry Old England on 8/19 in London!

ROH is back on PPV on 9/28 for the DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR show LIVE in Las Vegas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Wow that's a lot of buzz

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How worthless is your DVD collection and what do you feel when you stare at it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

How worthless is your DVD collection and what do you feel when you stare at it

It's in the closet but when I see it I think wow that is a lot of good shows I wish I didn't sell some of them so I could watch them all.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
SO much buzz I've gotten stung!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

With all this buzz in here, you'd think ROH had signed B. Brian Blair and "Jumpin'" Jim Brunzell!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Buzz Sawyer would be proud, R.I.P.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Haters always lookin silly

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

It's in the closet but when I see it I think wow that is a lot of good shows I wish I didn't sell some of them so I could watch them all.

Obviously it's in that closet because all that buzz was keeping you awake

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Here's some buzz, MCMG have retired.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Rovert had this scoop months ago not even buzzworthy at this point.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Serious question- what happens to ROH after Vince signs The Bucks and Cody this coming February?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

mkay0 posted:

Serious question- what happens to ROH after Vince signs The Bucks and Cody this coming February?

Brisco feud

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Rovert had this scoop months ago not even buzzworthy at this point.

Shelley just tweeted and confirmed it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

Isn't Cody signed longer term than that? I feel like his deal runs until next summer. Could be wrong as I'm not up on the latest Cody buzz. Too much buzz to keep track of.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Isn't Cody signed longer term than that? I feel like his deal runs until next summer. Could be wrong as I'm not up on the latest Cody buzz. Too much buzz to keep track of.

Bucks are under contract until December 2019, also

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Bucks are under contract until December 2019, also

Nah Bucks are signed through December.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

My fondest wish is for Ring of Honor to succeed just enough for the wrestlers to make more money but for Sinclair to lose money by over-investing in them.

For real though, I'm glad ROH is doing very well business wise. But I think the people who are pointing out that ROH isn't exactly garnering a lot of attention during this hot period is a troubling thing for the future. If the hot period they're experiencing right now is because of Cody and the Bullet Club's drawing power, and not because of anything the company is really doing creatively or because of any stars they themselves are building, it doesn't bode well for the long term.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

My fondest wish is for Ring of Honor to succeed just enough for the wrestlers to make more money but for Sinclair to lose money by over-investing in them.

For real though, I'm glad ROH is doing very well business wise. But I think the people who are pointing out that ROH isn't exactly garnering a lot of attention during this hot period is a troubling thing for the future. If the hot period they're experiencing right now is because of Cody and the Bullet Club's drawing power, and not because of anything the company is really doing creatively or because of any stars they themselves are building, it doesn't bode well for the long term.

Yeah, about that...

(Sinclair has been very cheap with ROH)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Like, as a team, or are they both hanging things up for good?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah, about that...

(Sinclair has been very cheap with ROH)

Oh I know, but maybe since the company is hot right now they'll do a dumb and throw a bunch of money at them that they'll never make back. A man can dream...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I Before E posted:

Like, as a team, or are they both hanging things up for good?

As a team, at least. Sabin's status idk about, but Shelley's ROH contract just expired and he's done wrestling for at least the rest of the year to focus on school

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thank you MRT, Ring of Honor is great now. I'm wearing my Ring of Honor brand socks and underpants to work to show my Ring Of Honor Pride. I'm happy to serve as an agent of BUZZ.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
ROH last weekend did do some interesting things. The Lethal/Gresham Iron Man match ended in a 10-minute standing ovation and ROH is doing a Top Prospect Tournament which hopefully will end up bolstering the midcard. And Jeff Cobb debuted.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Gresham is someone I want to go to nxt if only so they will give him a better wrestling name than "Jonathan Gresham"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Hell, he should take a cue from Chuck Taylor and go by "Jonny G".

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

Hell, he should take a cue from Chuck Taylor and go by "Jonny G".

Takeover main event with Gresham vs Gargano over the use of the letter G

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

rovert posted:

ROH last weekend did do some interesting things. The Lethal/Gresham Iron Man match ended in a 10-minute standing ovation and ROH is doing a Top Prospect Tournament which hopefully will end up bolstering the midcard. And Jeff Cobb debuted.

wonder what 20-year vet about to retire will make the final of this year's Top Prospect tournament

i can't name literally anybody who was in the last TPT, did any of them stick with the company?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oldskool posted:

wonder what 20-year vet about to retire will make the final of this year's Top Prospect tournament

i can't name literally anybody who was in the last TPT, did any of them stick with the company?

Kingpin Brian Milonas? Josh woods shows up now and then

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They should probably do a big push for Hangman Page after the G1 given how good he's doing

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They should probably do a big push for Hangman Page after the G1 given how good he's doing

Is Page under contract or is he a freelancer who appears a lot for them?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I got written up at work for talking during the layoff meeting about how much buzz ROH is getting. They did, however, appreciate that I wore my ROH socks outside of my company mandated penny loafers.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oldskool posted:

here are the wrestlers of the prior 3 TPTs:

2015:
Donovan Dijak (c) - got lost in the shuffle and bolted for WWE
Will Ferrara (runner up) - poor Will
Jake Dirden - works indies
Ashley Sixx - works indies
Dalton Castle - poor Dalton
J. Diesel - rarely shows up
Beer City Bruiser - the real MVP of the 2015 TPT
Mikey Webb - left and would rather work NE indies like Chaotic Wrestling

3 people stuck around, 1 has not been horribly disappointing

Lio Rush (c) - got lost in the shuffle and bolted for WWE
Brian Fury (runner up) - retired to Chaotic Wrestling after a 20 year career
Punisher Martinez - still with ROH, they gave him a belt no one cares about
Jason Kincaid - bolted the company for the indies
Colby Corino - Personal demons
Action Ortiz - would rather be a furry on the indies
Leon St. Giovanni & Shaheem Ali - ROH Jobbers. Maybe getting a push, but they spent the better part of 2 years losing

3 have stuck around, 1 kind of has a title but ROH kind of killed their title

Josh Woods (c) - won and then booked into oblivion. will probably bolt for WWE
John Skyler (runner up) - hasn't come back, now jobs for WWE
Sean Carr - works indies
Preston Quinn - works indies
Curt Stallion - worked a squash match
Brian Milonas - still does occasional appearances but more involved in New England indies and training wrestlers for Chaotic Wrestling at this point
Raphael King - works indies
Chris LeRusso - works indies

2 guys are around and one of them is at best a part timer

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 24, 2018

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Athens top prospect tournament is usually good. it was not good last year but on the whole they’ve had a pretty good eye on bringing good talent into the company before they don’t get a push and leave anyway

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

exploded mummy posted:

Lio Rush (c) - got lost in the shuffle and bolted for WWE
Brian Fury (runner up) - retired to Chaotic Wrestling after a 20 year career
Punisher Martinez - still with ROH, they gave him a belt no one cares about
Jason Kincaid - bolted the company for the indies
Colby Corino - Personal demons
Action Ortiz

welp it's confirmed folks

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Bunisher Martinezz

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I find ROH incredibly dull and uninteresting and their stable names all stink.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A lot of really good wrestlers work for ROH and they're a fun show to see live but everyone who works for them does better work and stories in other promotions so they're not really worth watching on a regular basis.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

fart blood posted:

I find ROH incredibly dull and uninteresting and their stable names all stink.

ah, but their business is up!

quote:

Josh Woods (c) - won and then booked into oblivion. will probably bolt for WWE

WWE probably doesn't want or need him back in NXT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

no you misread, their buzziness is up