Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Starr’s good and I wish him the best but a work is a work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

omg

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That promo loving rules

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Starr’s good and I wish him the best but a work is a work

Sinclair's reaction was probably "drat right"

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

That owned, IMPJO.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

One promo is more compelling than years of TV. David Starr is good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gonna be real funny when that match isn't for the title because Taven's the champ.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what's going on with his eyes

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what's going on with his eyes

lighting right into the eye sockets

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Work or not I'm all for anyone sticking it to Sinclair in their promos.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It’s already been taken down, drat.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A hoot

https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/1108338010184138753

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What was the promo?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

What was the promo?

Pro Wrestling Sheet transcribed some of it

quote:

Ring of Honor wrestling is a stalwart of pure professional wrestling in an industry that’s monopolized by ‘sports entertainment’,” Starr begins in a promo released earlier today.

Starr then implied Jay Lethal’s “Black Machismo” character was disrespectful, before calling out ROH and their parent company Sinclair Broadcasting for being a corporate propaganda machine.

“Did you think it was some kind of cute publicity stunt to let the little Jew boy get a flight to Israel to wrestle for your championship?!” Adding, “I’m not wrestling for your championship because I’m a Jewish kid in Israel, I’m wrestling for your championship because I’m one of the best independent professional wrestlers on the f*cking planet!”

As we previously reported, Starr is set to face Jay Lethal in the main event of Israeli Pro Wrestling Association’s Passover Bash in Natanya on April 21.

“On the morning after April 21st, you will have to wake up to your worst nightmare,” Starr claimed. “You’ll have to wake up to the fact that your championship is now represented by a progressive Jew named David Starr!”

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

E;fb

I guess the question is what alignment Start has within IPWA (is he a going concern?) because with his (comparatively modest) jab at Israel for “not respecting civil rights” I wonder if he’s a political heel

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 20, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

David's doing the job anyway, so it all works out.

Jay Lethal will be ROH's longest reigning champion and literally no one will care.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

Jay Lethal will be ROH's longest reigning champion and literally no one will care.

He already is :lol: Joe's one world title reign was 645 days, nobody else had 550 total through one or more combined reigns. Lethal's at a combined 689 (262 days on this reign already and his first was 427)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

E;fb

I guess the question is what alignment Start has within IPWA (is he a going concern?) because with his (comparatively modest) jab at Israel for “not respecting civil rights” I wonder if he’s a political heel

I'm guessing they just don't want Starr to get Sinclair pissed off to the point that they pull Lethal and thus a non-refundable plane ticket goes in the shitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

He already is :lol: Joe's one world title reign was 645 days, nobody else had 550 total through one or more combined reigns. Lethal's at a combined 689 (262 days on this reign already and his first was 427)

I was just looking over the stats a moment after I posted that.

686+ combined between 2 reigns and over 41 defenses.

compared to Bryan Danielson: 462 days over a single reign and 38 defenses.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The first Jay Lethal reign was loving awesome though.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Basic Chunnel posted:

E;fb

hes the Bernie Sanders of professional wrestling

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

The first Jay Lethal reign was loving awesome though.

for like 2 months

then it blew chunks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Caristico and Soberano Jr are coming to the Pittsburgh and Ohio shows next month https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/cmll-stars-caristico-soberano-jr-signed-pittsburgh-columbus

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
how will roh waste them

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Soberano Jr vs Shane Taylor to follow up on the Soberano Jr vs Punishment Martinez match that was solely bad on the ROH guy refusing to sell for the tiny luchador

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Soberano Jr vs Shane Taylor to follow up on the Soberano Jr vs Punishment Martinez match that was solely bad on the ROH guy refusing to sell for the tiny luchador

That match was loving awful and soured me on Martinez

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1108807776954916864

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1108880973108662272

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/lastrealmanroh/status/1108855014385160193

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Silas should be in some kinda six or even 24 man tag match at msg. I guess he deserves it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Maybe you should have taken time off to heal your injuries with your health insurance, you loving goober.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
I saw Mayu vs Kelly Klein was booked for MSG... ugh. Not exactly a barn burner. Can we not move on at this point? Three title defense matches in a row with the same challenger. Are there really no other women to match against Mayu?? What was the point of bringing her in if you don't have anyone legitimate to contend with? Why have women at all if you can't book more than two at a time?!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Demtor posted:

I saw Mayu vs Kelly Klein was booked for MSG... ugh. Not exactly a barn burner. Can we not move on at this point? Three title defense matches in a row with the same challenger. Are there really no other women to match against Mayu?? What was the point of bringing her in if you don't have anyone legitimate to contend with? Why have women at all if you can't book more than two at a time?!

Delirious hosed up his TEW autobooker and can't find the time to fix it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Demtor posted:

literally who else is there for the women's division

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KungFu Grip posted:

the ROH roster page says they have someone named Amy Rose

this is beyond sad

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they have one because current culture in wrestling dictates they have to have one but they never really put any effort behind booking it, much like they put no effort behind any of their other stories.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They put more effort behind Main Event Matt Taven than they have put toward the women's division in the division's entire history

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So wait - are the War of the World shows really not going to have ANY talent from New Japan?

Looked at the Buffalo show and there's barely any tickets sold -

https://www.rohwrestling.com/shop/tickets/050819-war-worlds-buffalo-ny

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If you'll look closely, you'll see that ROH is more popular, than it has ever been

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Tenille, but if I'm her, I'm looking towards Jacksonville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Tenille, but if I'm her, I'm looking towards Jacksonville.

I dont think she has been able to wrestle since September