Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

ROH is so unpopular that no one bothered making a Final Battle thread. Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

fatherofmustard posted:

I saw the main event was Rush v Brody King and all I could think of "so that's why those god talents aren't in AEW" and pouted. Brody and Archer were made to be a tag team.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherofmustard posted:

Delirious got The Best in the Ring into the US making him the booker of the year.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Cary Silkin Reveals He Received ‘Rinky-Dink Offers’ From CM Punk & Jerry Jarrett to Buy ROH

quote:

During the latest edition of the ROH Strong podcast (via Fightful), former company owner Cary Silkin revealed that he was once texted by CM Punk about purchasing Ring of Honor back in 2010. At the time, Punk was still a WWE Superstar and was under contract with WWE.

Silkin noted that he didn’t receive genuine offers to sell the company, but he did get some “rinky-dink” offers from the likes of Jerry Jarrett in 2007 and CM Punk later on. Silkin commented on Jarrett, “I did not speak to him personally. Jerry Jarrett was interested. This was like 2007. It was just a sniff.”

Previously, Jarrett was one of the founders and owners of TNA Wrestling, then NWA-TNA in 2002. The company is now called Impact Wrestling.

Silkin stated on Punk: “I get a text message in like 2010. CM Punk texts me out of nowhere and is like, ‘What would you want to sell Ring of Honor?’ I’ve hustled tickets on the street and have had a somewhat successful business. I don’t think text messaging is the way to approach sales of companies. That first text message might be, ‘I’d like to talk to you about something.’ Those were my only two real offers…they weren’t real. Those were the only two rinky-dink offers I’ve ever had.”

Silkin added on Punk’s business acumen, “In 2010, his business tactics weren’t the best or else it was a fleeting thought by a friend of his.”

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/status/1154413185325314051

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1346230018914082818

Better late than never, I guess

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'd assumed that happened months ago, jesus. I guess being in a picture with a geek like Ricochet really sealed the deal for them.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they finally finished that investigation huh?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
stay the gently caress away from jacksonville, creepo

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Are there still ROH die hards out there? Would love to see how people are spinning Impact getting to be in the cool kids club with AEW and NJPW while ROH is seemingly stuck in Sinclair purgatory.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

triplexpac posted:

Are there still ROH die hards out there? Would love to see how people are spinning Impact getting to be in the cool kids club with AEW and NJPW while ROH is seemingly stuck in Sinclair purgatory.

Through going to shows I became friends with a guy who is part of a group of Matt Taven super fans. They’re still pretty big Taven fans after 2020 from what I gather.

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 14, 2021

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Through going to shows I became friends with a guy who is part of a group of Matt Taven super fans. They’re still pretty big Taven fans after 2020 from what I gather.

You don't have to hide his name, we all know MRT is a big fan of The Only Man To Win Titles In Both Madison Square Garden And Arena Mexico

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
There's dozens of them. Dozens!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH which films TV in a bubble and actually cares about COVID-19 can't partake in all of this loosey goosey Forbidden Portal nonsense because you can't have people show up out of nowhere in a bubble. Also the buzz gets even louder in a bubble. While all of these unsafe companies are out there doing this nonsense in a pandemic, ROH is in the bubble, being safe.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The bubble has wonderful acoustics but you can’t tell due to no fans.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

The bubble has wonderful acoustics but you can’t tell due to no fans.

Fortunately ROH fans are sophisticated enough to not require a studio audience to cheer or boo for them to understand if a match is good or not. They can use their deep understanding of the art of professional wrestling, unlike the fans of other low brow groups that need plants or TVs in the audience to help them along.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Please refer to it by its proper term, it's called a buzzble.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like how nobody has bothered to make a new ROH thread in 3 years

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Company has so much buzz that it doesn't need new threads

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i've heard good things about the stuff they've been doing since the pure tournament but i can't deal with empty arena wrestling anymore so i haven't been watching any of it

once they get some form of crowd back i'll check it out to see what danhausen's up to

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

I like how nobody has bothered to make a new ROH thread in 3 years

It's part of ROH's safety buzzle procedures. Only us big brains who understand the thread of COVID can grasp how important it is to keep things limited to this thread.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

weirdly large pocket of them out here in vegas.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I watch ROH when they show it here if there isn't a good basketball game on Friday. It's an odd TV show since there are some weeks where they only have one new match and sometimes they don't even have that, but I don't watch ROH PPVs so I actually appreciate when they replay matches from those.

I think the no fans is a big positive personally.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

I think the no fans is a big positive personally.

I've been to their tv tapings so I can confirm they were well ahead if the curve in drawing basically no one to the building

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah weren't they drawing barely triple digit fans for a while there?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-announces-date-19th-anniversary-pay-view

I'd be fascinated to know the numbers that Final Battle did.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/HeelByNatureYT/status/1365138819947909124

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The 19th anniversary of this company is in ~7 days (next Friday)

Mark Briscoe vs Flip Gordon
Jonathan Gresham defends the Pure title against Dak Draper
Matt Taven vs Vincent in an unsanctioned match
Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Moses and Kaun) defend the trios titles against MexiSquad (Bandido, Flamita and Rey Horus)
Dragon Lee defends the TV title against Tracy Williams
Jay Briscoe vs EC3 in a grudge match
Rush defends the world title against Jay Lethal

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I really shouldn't be this uninterested in a promotion that employs Rush, Dragon Lee and Bandido, yet here we are

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Do I think this card is at all interesting?
No.
Would I enjoy it if I watched it? Probably.
The ROH story.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/hagadornshane/status/1372911246723444737?s=21

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh god that was 10 years ago?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

I went absolutely mental at this. Always preferred Eddie to Davey and I was the one voice on this forum saying that Eddie was going to win the title first and do a Jones/Evans kind of angle.

Then they hosed up the angle and just made Eddie into a belt-pillow for Davey

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know EC3 has always been a roided up golem but still :gonk:

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1375624355653242887?s=19

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1375638957258534921

The tournament they were going to have last year before shutting down

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1375638957258534921

The tournament they were going to have last year before shutting down
can't wait to see which wrestler puts themselves through this grief to become champion for a multibillion dollar media company and sign a contract that pays less money than being a shift lead at einstein bagels

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The tag titles changed hands on a botched full nelson lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brody King, Tony Deppen, Chris Dickinson and Homicide took out Rush’s group to end the show

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1375650540533714945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bill Carr is in ROH in VINCENT's stable and he's finally changed his old twitter handle WWEDUTCH from back when he was in FCW and released