Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
lmao

outstanding production values

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1069992288728834048

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

At least it's not garbage rear end Vinny Marseglia

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Jenkem Delivery posted:

At least it's not garbage rear end Vinny Marseglia

Typical Melvin post

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

Typical Melvin post

no, that'd be that all the kingdom are bad

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KungFu Grip posted:

no, that'd be that all the kingdom are bad

the only bad member of the Kingdom is Matt Taven so I dunno where all this vitriol comes from

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

Typical Melvin post

I am a strong supporter of Former NWA World Historic Welterweight Champion Matt Taven and TK O'Ryan, but holy poo poo Marseglia is awful

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"Being a horror movie character is too dumb and weird for a wrestling gimmick, instead I will be a horror movie fan. Also I carry an axe but never use it." -Vinny Marseglia

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gumball Gumption posted:

"Being a horror movie character is too dumb and weird for a wrestling gimmick, instead I will be a horror movie fan. Also I carry an axe but never use it." -Vinny Marseglia

If he was smart he'd use the axe like HHH uses the sledgehammer: poking people with the top

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

better than his gimmick of just being Randy Orton down to the tattoos.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Can't believe fans are being so dense about the Rush match. It is a TV taping and likely set up for a title challenge against Taven or whomever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rush vs Jeff Cobb, c'mon ROH don't be cowards.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Can't believe fans are being so dense about the Rush match. It is a TV taping and likely set up for a title challenge against Taven or whomever.

forgot it was a tv taping and that he wont be on the ppv

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

ROH has also signed former WWE creative team member Kevin Eck to a full time position. Eck was a part of the creative team at WWE from 2011-2014. Eck’s position in the company has not been disclosed, but look at future creative decisions to see if Eck has any influence going forward.

Also

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1071087108050292738

https://twitter.com/LeonStGiovanni/status/1070918932788322304

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 8, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/joe-koff-sinclair-must-run/#.XA7Y9hNKjOQ ROH COO Joe Koff Defends Controversial Sinclair Broadcasting ‘Must-Run’ News Spots

quote:

For those unaware, Sinclair stations aired a segment last month defending the use of tear gas on child migrants attempting to cross the border. The company also required stations to run a segment in June stating the Trump administration’s policy to separate children from their families at the border and place them in detention centers was just a case of “liberal” media getting hysterical.

“That is an overblown, overplayed media kind of fodder that people like to pick on,” Koff told Wresting Inc. “Those situations are so immaterial to the amount of content that we produce, it just gets picked up because people like to pick that stuff up.”

“I could tell you that the number of people who have told me that they would not watch Ring of Honor because we’re owned by Sinclair maybe has been one person in seven years.” Adding, “It has nothing to do with what we do. There’s no politics inside of Ring of Honor as any fan would know. We operate autonomously to that whole scenario.”

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Another example of a doofus rambling at the mouth when he should realize that he doesn’t have a good answer and should move the conversation along.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

media company blames media for overreacting to media company claiming the hysterical media overreacted

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What do people expect a Sinclair executive to say when asked about how lovely Sinclair is?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Im just in charge of wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Company man speaks company line, capitalism is a gently caress.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
guillotine drop

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
stop trying to kill the buzz ugh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pure title's back
https://twitter.com/rohcary/status/1072493812633821187

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"Remember when we had titles people would care about"

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Why exactly does Cary Silkin tag random people in his Tweets?

Besides, you know, Old Man on Twitter.

Example:

https://twitter.com/rohcary/status/1071043137563435009

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cary's one of the nicest creeps I've ever met. Glad he's still alive and not feeding some wannabe goomba's piranha tank.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

"Remember when we had titles people would care about"

People cared about the Pure title for approximately 6 non consecutive months.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just out of curiosity how successful was Cary's run as ROH owner? Was he making a regular profit and was the sale to Sinclair very lucrative?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm excited for Friday night, I get to see extremely talented professionals compete in a physical competition for a bunch of raving fans.

And once RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars is over, I'll catch the end of Final Battle.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Just out of curiosity how successful was Cary's run as ROH owner? Was he making a regular profit and was the sale to Sinclair very lucrative?

IIRC, the company never really made loads of money. Cary was the money mark (his funds were in ticket reselling), and the sale basically made him whole.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

its really hard to say with how much money wrestling promoters are willing to lose to "break even" but they toured UK and Japan as well as adding more cities to their tours so I'd say they did decently enough. But this was also at a time when their only real competition was WWE and TNA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

They made a little money at points but by the time of the Sinclair sale were losing significant amounts of money and if the sale didn't happen the company was shutting down.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I got a ticket to Final Battle and I’m probably going to enjoy some of the matches

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

I got a ticket to Final Battle and I’m probably going to enjoy some of the matches

Which ones are you planning to enjoy?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tomahawk posted:

Hope you aren't planning to drive while buzzed!

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Which ones are you planning to enjoy?

ZSJ vs Gresham and Cobb vs Page

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Lagana/status/1072192911587115008

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I guess I forgot about the Bully Ray match I’m excited to see him leave his boots in the ring this year and not retire again

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I wish there was a wrestler as good as Bully Ray thinks he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm excited for Friday night, I get to see extremely talented professionals compete in a physical competition for a bunch of raving fans.

And once RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars is over, I'll catch the end of Final Battle.

[EXTREMELY SAME :hfive:]

I am looking forward to Cobb v Page though